Like Minded Lushes--January 2013

Replies

• extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    I start my second-to-last class tonight...Ed law, ought to be thrilling. So, I'll definitely have one or two tonight!
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    I decided to have vodka for dinner. Yesterday was just hellish and I needed it. Some of you are doing so well with abstaining. I just can't seem to do it. Oh well. have a great day.!

Neither can I but I look at it as we're simply upholding the name of our lovely thread =]

Husband gets back late tonight and might be coming to New York this weekend :smile: I can't wait to snuggle him :heart:

Having some wine now and I think I'd really like to try for some 0's next week ... famous last words :huh:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 9,964 Member
    Went to this "transformation" thing tonight where you work on a dream board - then, some kind of group therapy stuff. Interesting, but not really sure what I am going to get out of it for the next 3 months.

Wine was abundant to loosen people up...............but....................I abstained, and really didn't feel like I missed out

51.6% of the way done and it's all downhill now!!
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    WOW Kim! Way to go! You are going fabulous!!!

Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0
    Thursday-0...usually this is the day I cave. We'll see!
  • nisijam5
    Ashley, are you awake? Tell us about your hangover...:wink:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,029 Member
    Kim, I bow down to your will power. I am totally impressed.

I had a bottle of red last night. I may be good tonight because the boss is off at an off site all day. :happy: So I won't be all wound up when I get home.

The roughest part for me is when I sit down to watch some TV right before bed. I just want a drink or 3 while I veg in front of the TV. :ohwell:

Have a great day all.
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0

I am eager to hear about Ashley's hangover also! :wink:
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    2 glasses of red. I cooked with it so it was mandatory that I have some.
  • extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    I didn't have any!! After class, I put the kids to bed and fell asleep. You're going to have to take my lush card.
  • nisijam5
    Dot, I'm losing mine as well...tomorrow is Friday and then Saturday is my free pass...I'm almost afraid to use it :ohwell:
  • nisijam5
    2 glasses of red. I cooked with it so it was mandatory that I have some.

YES, I have some still in the fridge from NYD and I'm wondering if it's still good. I only used about a cup and it will be good wine wasted if I have to toss it.

First a beer and now this :cry:
  • kblue2007
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0
    Thursday-0...HOLY CRAP I can't believe i made it 4 whole days without a drink. I can honestly say I have no idea how long its been.
    Tonight-WINE

I am going to pick up a couple bottles and I must drink them before the end of the weekend otherwise next week will be a bust. I decided not to buy my usual box because then its always around and therefore always gets drank.

Tomorrow we were supposed to have a date day......Lenny has to get fitted for a tux, then I was going to stop at the car dealer because they are having a promotion that if you come in you get a $15 gift card to Target...DUH, my lease is almost up so I'll check out the 2013's, then we were gonna go to our fav beer bar for lunch BUT poor Lenny is super sick and that might not happen, so....looks like I'll just have to pick up some beers and hang around the house. I can't complain either way. I love weekends when we don't have any plans :happy:

Happy friday everyone!!!!
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Kate- nice job on the zeros! And I love weekends with no plans also.

Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0
    Thursday-0

Tonight I have prelogged some wine, but we will see if I drink it. Right now I am not craving it, but I am sure I will be later. And I am going to go to a spin class at 8:15 tomorrow followed by hot yoga, so I want to be in top form :happy: Tomorrow night we are going out for sushi, so I will have wine I am sure and maybe some saki.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,029 Member
    Dear Vodka,

Please stop being so tempting and tasty. Please don't come home with my husband anymore and hang around our house begging to be drunk. I need to stop being your friend. Some relationships are just not good and I am beginning to think that this is one of those relationships. Maybe someday we can be more casual friends again. Take care.

Mama Lush.
  • SoCalWoman
    Well done on the 0's ladies!
    LOL Robin. I feel that way with Vodka..it's much more difficult for me to sip/moderate than it is with red wine.

1 glass of red last night. Probably the same tonight. I won't be complaining about the weather this weekend...back in the 70s as it should be here. I may even try for some pool time.
    Happy Friday lushes!
  • kblue2007
    Syd-I am so jealous!!!!!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Sunday= 0 drinks
    Monday= 2 red wine
    Tuesday= 0 drinks
    Wednesday= 1 marg 1 beer
    Thursday= 2 beers

Not so bad really! That marg was like, 26 oz, but it came in one glass!
  • SoCalWoman
    Syd-I am so jealous!!!!!
    Look at your beautiful profile pic!
  • kblue2007
    Last night, Len and I split 2 bottles of wine, still got to bed early and I felt great this morning got a workout in still not sure what the day holds for us but beers will be involved in some facet :drinker:
  • SoCalWoman
    I moderated with vodka last night...amazing! Stopped at 2...in bed with lots of water by 10. Up by 7 ready to workout.

Hubs and I are going to Karl Straus brewery later. I don't drink beer but I enjoy their food. Should be fun.
    Happy weekend lushes!