Like Minded Lushes--January 2013

Replies

• extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    Way to go Mama!!!

I've been finding that the herbal tea in the evenings has helped a lot with the cravings as well. Kelly (that's the husband, fyi) has been doing the booze fast with me, but last night, he really wanted a beer. (And he had to check the CO2 levels on the keg because he screwed it up over NYE.) He asked if I wanted one or a glass of wine, and I was like, "YES!" but then I put on my kettle to boil and made some tea. It wasn't as good as the wine would have been, but it did the trick.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 9,964 Member
    Sydney, my cat is not that cute!! He bites our ankles and makes us feed him. If you don't feed him, you get bit.

Stay strong Dot.

Ashley, it's been getting easier for me too. Tonight, I will have some green tea. I need to up the water because I don't drink anything at work.

Kat, I went to Express yesterday and bought 2 cami's in the prettiest colors...the Spring colors are amazing

Finally, off work...it's killing me
    tomorrow is 4 hours
    Friday, 12
    Saturday, 8
    Sunday, 12
    Monday, death
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,029 Member

Finally, off work...it's killing me
    tomorrow is 4 hours
    Friday, 12
    Saturday, 8
    Sunday, 12
    Monday, death

But at least you will be able to pay some bills.:bigsmile:
  • nisijam5
    Yeh, Robin, you would think...
  • extraordinary_machine
    Annnnnd, I'm drinking a glass of wine. :embarassed:
  • nisijam5
    Day 9 is complete....29% done and a pass to go. This reset is really doing me some good. The first 5 days were brutal since I had been horribly lushy. I just have to think what I want to use the pass for. Oh, decisions, decisions.

Oh, Dot...I hope that you are enjoying that glass.

This weekend should be easy because I will be too exhausted to walk into the house.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    In the double digits! Still doing the super healthy eating, not focusing as much on working out this week, so the no booze hasn't been so bad. Of course there's not a drop of wine in the house or any Kettle One (or blue cheese stuffed olives) so temptation is far away. My free passes are coming up next week. Nice dinner and concert on Wednesday and the husband and I have the next day off work together so I'm excited about that. However, I don't want to just get totally *kitten* faced because I can and ruin our one day staycation.......

Good job Kim.

Dot, it was a good run.... :smile:
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Kim and Ashley WOOHOO, great job.
    Amy, no worries my resolve is fading quickly, hope it was delicious!!!
    Monday-0
    tuesday-0..Lenny had himself a irish cream on the rocks...that was easy for me to pass up...something about creamy booze that turns me off!
    wednesday-shooting for zero.................
  • nisijam5
    Yep Ashley, double digits here too...32.3% of the way - nearly 1/3rd of the way done and I feel great.

I have to officially weigh in yet and it should be about 3 lbs. SWEET!!!!

I have the day off and going to barre yoga for some good stretching.
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Nice job on the zeros ladies!

Dot- Yum on the wine! I'm sure it was amazing!

Kate- Bailey on the rocks is AMAZING!

Monday-0
    Tuesday-0

Really trying to stay strong with the zeros until Saturday. We are having people over for dinner, so I will probably have a couple cocktails and some wine.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    2 glasses of red. Back to working out, and it feels great. Altho this cough/cold thing is hanging on forever!

Congrats on the zeros ladies!
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Think I'll shoot for a 0 tonight.

Had wine last night and a yummy homemade stir fry =]

Had a healthy lunch today and will probably try to get my bike ride in early.

Good job on the 0's ladies =] I think I'll start shooting for 0's Monday-Thursday, we'll see how that goes!
  • extraordinary_machine
    I didn't even finish it!! :laugh:

I'm going to just go for as many 0's as possible and if I have one...that's okay.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    You did finish it :mad: how DARE you :laugh:

I am super duper duper tempted to have something tonight..........not sure how its gonna go. If I get home and Len is having something then I most likely will too.....
  • nisijam5
    I refuse to cook tonight....so, it's Italian at my favorite restaurant and 2 small pieces of bread, no wine. I am not sure how Italian tastes without wine. I will let you know if it's still good.

I have new understanding now how Sydney could put the wine back for bread.

I'll work out tonight when I watch Robert Irvine on Restaurant Impossible. I kind of have a crush :heart: on him :love: .

Kate, you're fine and have a cocktail with Len.

Dot, it's funny how I was OK with you having the wine but I agree with Kate "you didn't even finish it". What kind of lush are you anyway?
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Really Robert Irvine? Very random crush....I do love that show though :tongue:

My TV crush is Anthony on HGTV Kitchen Cousins.....I actually had a nice dream about him the other night and it increased his hotness for me :love:

Dot- I have to agree with the group....if your gonna cheat you better at least finish the glass!! :wink:
  • nisijam5
    Really Robert Irvine? Very random crush....I do love that show though :tongue:

My TV crush is John on HGTV Kitchen Cousins.....I actually had a nice dream about him the other night and it increased his hotness for me :love:

He cooks, nice big arms and a British accent - I know it's strange...too funny on the dream, I've not seen that show
  • extraordinary_machine
    Kel finished it for me, so it definitely didn't go to waste!! :laugh:
  • nisijam5
    Whew, I feel better...hero saves the day.

Turns out lasagna tastes pretty good even without the wine. I cut my portion into 1/3rd and shoved it away - or - more toward Ron is really the story. Day #9 is a alcohol-free success.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Sunday=0 drinks
    Monday=0 drinks
    Tuesday=1 glass red
    Wednesday=0 drinks