Walk/Run to Rivendell (and beyond)?

Options

Replies

• PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Jan 1: .............................................(Leave Bag End)
    Jan 1: 3.5 miles (60 min treadmill) (Total miles covered: 3.5 = Cross The Water on a plank bridge)
    Jan 4: 4.0 miles (70 min treadmill) (Total miles covered: 7.5 = Look back at lights of Hobbiton from first slopes of the Green Hill Country)
    Jan 6: 4.1 miles (total miles covered: 11.6 = Stop in a birch grove. Eat a frugal supper.)

...I am a little peckish. Glad I'm eating a frugal supper....:D

Rlandbeck, I'm doing the same and only counting miles that I do on this program and (afterwards) that I jog. This "walk" will be a record of my jogging life.
  • Pixie8504
    Pixie8504 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    1/1 - 7.43 miles
    1/2 - 7.38 miles
    1/3 - 9.24 miles
    1/4 - 8.5 miles
    1/5 - 6.85 miles

Miles - 39.39
  • KathleenKP
    KathleenKP Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    My boys are running with me and they love LOTR and the Hobbit. I am going to look this up ASAP for them as they will love it. I think it will help them...probably more than the 5K goal I told them I was signing us up for. LOL. As Mom, I'm more excited about the running than they are.

Thanks!
  • Ms_Pixie
    Ms_Pixie Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Jan 2: 3 mile walk/ run....Go through gate into a lane. Head west. Leave lane, follow hedgerows south. Cross The Water on a plank bridge
    Jan 3: 3 mile bushwalk.... Cross The Great Road from the Brandywine Bridge. Enter Tookland. Starting up the first slopes of the Green Hill Country
    Jan 4: 3 mile walk/ run.... Look back at lights of Hobbiton from slopes of the Green Hill Country. Hobbiton hidden as slopes rise and fall.
    Jan 6: 2.5 mile walk/ run.... Stop in a birch grove. Eat a frugal supper. Start on way to Stock Rd.

11.5 miles traveled so far
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    so far (according to fitbit)

upto 6/1 I've walked 14.25 miles and almost reached Stock Road.
  • MonsterToBe
    MonsterToBe Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    As I went further into the Green Hill Country and headed towards a birch grove, Hobbiton was entirely obscured from view. (Yesterday's walk: 1.6, total miles: 10.08)
  • scythswife
    scythswife Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I am behind everyone but just got life back to normal today. only 2.5 miles in so far. i am .5 miles from Crossing The Water on a plank bridge
  • PaytraB
    Options
    Everyone is moving along the road quickly.
    Scythswife, we just started so you'll catch up with us in no time at all. Glad you joined us.
  • TnVeggie
    TnVeggie Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    This makes me smile. Maybe this will make take #6(?) of CPto5K stick. At this point I have crossed the water on a plank bridge. Hoping to enter Tookland this afternoon.
  • scythswife
    Options
    Everyone is moving along the road quickly.
    Scythswife, we just started so you'll catch up with us in no time at all. Glad you joined us.

Thanks I am looking forward to it.
  • Pixie8504
    Pixie8504 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    1/1 - 15,737 = 7.43 miles
    1/2 - 15,609 = 7.38 miles
    1/3 - 18,488 = 9.24 miles
    1/4 - 18,010 = 8.5 miles
    1/5 - 14,511 = 6.85 miles
    1/6 - 19,123 = 9.03 miles
    1/7 - 10,749 = 5 .07 miles

Total steps - 112,227
    Miles - 53.49
  • scythswife
    Options
    added another 5.5 miles today. I am in Green Hill Country.
  • xtrout
    xtrout Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    YTD 17.86 Miles...Climbed a steep slope. Pippins yawned. I hope to make camp by nightfall.
  • Ms_Pixie
    Options
    Jan 7 & 8: + 3.6km (2 miles)
    YTD: 22.1km (13 miles)

Keep going on our way to Stock Rd. Only another 1.5 miles to go..
  • PaytraB
    Options
    Jan 1: 3.5 miles (60 min treadmill) (Total miles covered: 3.5 = Cross The Water on a plank bridge)
    Jan 4: 4.0 miles (70 min treadmill) (Total miles covered: 7.5 = Look back at lights of Hobbiton from first slopes of the Green Hill Country)
    Jan 6: 4.1 miles (total miles covered: 11.6 = Stop in a birch grove. Eat a frugal supper.)
    Jan 8: 4.1 miles (total miles covered: 15.7 = Begin to sing. Walk through a deeply cloven track between tall trees.)

Way to go, everyone!!!
  • scythswife
    Options
    Another 6.6 miles. I am now 1 tenth of a mile past Stock Road. yay only another 443.4 miles to Rivendell then onto the next leg. lol If I don't pick up my pace its going to take me another 122 days.
  • wrests
    wrests Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm a little late to the game but thanks SO much for posting this! I'm absolutely going to try it. So far though..I've gone through the gate into the lane D:
  • Ms_Pixie
    Options
    I'm a little late to the game but thanks SO much for posting this! I'm absolutely going to try it. So far though..I've gone through the gate into the lane D:
    Haha welcome! At least you decided to go on this adventure lol I'm sure you'll catch up soon enough :)
  • MonsterToBe
    MonsterToBe Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Today, I stopped in a birch grove for a frugal supper, then pressed onward to Stock Road. Began to think about singing…
    (singing happens in another 0.13 miles lol)

Today's distance: 5.29 miles, total distance 15.37 miles
  • scythswife
    Options

exercise.png