1/19 3.7
    1/21 3.1
    Total Distance so far: 38.38

Go on in twilight. Begin to sing.
  • xtrout
    xtrout Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    YTD 66.84 Miles

Farmer Maggots lane meets the Causeway to Buckleberry Ferry. Ride in wagon.
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    WOW Wtg Plex! Awesome!!!!!

Thanks, geauxgirl & rlandbeck! It was a wonderful moment.
    I didn't do as well on Tuesday, though. I just couldn't keep my feet running. So sad. It's the first time that's happened. Looking forward to a much better jog on Friday.

xtrout, you're doing great on the mileage! Way to go!

Jan 22: 4 miles = total 40.55 miles = "And NOW to bed!" Pippin says, when BLACK RIDER is heard again (ca. 9 p.m.). ELVES arrive, RIDER leaves, and Frodo & Co. continue with Elves.
  • scythswife
    scythswife Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Ok sorry I have been MIA. I am at 53.32 miles. Just pas "Pippin realizes they’ve turned too far south as they are still in the trees." and almost to "Still in the trees, they stop for lunch (ca. 2:00 p.m.). Their singing is cut by the cry of a Black Rider, and they leave (ca. 3:00 p.m.)."

exercise.png
  • skinnygeekwithin
    skinnygeekwithin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    4.33 more miles for me since Monday and that brings me to 42.71 total.

Wood more dense, and lane went lower, running in a fold of hills, with hazel on the slopes alongside. Pippin quickly becomes sleepy.

Saturday I'm offically running my very first 5K. (I say official since I ran one unofficially the other day!) So I'll be adding 3.1 more then!
  • PaytraB
    Options
    Geauxgirl, good luck on your first official 5K run tomorrow!!! You're going to do great!!!

Scythswife, you're doing great! That's a bunch of mileage under your feet already. Way to go!

Jan 25: 4.34 miles = total 44.89 miles = Turn right off the path on "a green ride" through thickets.

Today I ran 5.14Km in 50 minutes. I did 5K in 49 minutes, which is 1 minute faster than I did it last Sunday!!! It may not be much but I'm getting faster. :smile:
    This is the second time I've managed 5K without stopping to walk. I'm feeling pretty good about that. :glasses:
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I'll be crossing the water on a plank bridge really soon....in about a 1/4 mile. :-)

(I am restarting c25k this week, so am hoping to get a good glimpse of Hobbiton from the slopes really soon!)
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I'll be crossing the water on a plank bridge really soon....in about a 1/4 mile. :-)

I decided to track this with a ticker:

exercise.png
  • PaytraB
    Options
    That's a great idea, fitplease! I hope you don't mind me copying it.
    It's a great way to visualize our journey.

exercise.png
  • skinnygeekwithin
    Options
    Awesome idea with the ticker!

1/24 2.31 miles
    1/26 3.33 miles

48.24 total so far.

Pippin realizes it is the Stock-brook. The banks are low enough now for them to cross. The land on its south bank is wet and reedy.
  • PaytraB
    Options
    Jan 27: 4.32 miles = total of 49.21 miles = Pippin realizes it is the Stock-brook. The banks are low enough now for them to cross. The land on its south bank is wet and reedy.

exercise.png
  • scythswife
    Options
    Ok I am 65.32 miles into the journey. Day 3 of their journney and am at
    Farmer Maggot’s lane meets the Causeway to Buckleberry Ferry. Ride in wagon.

exercise.png

49.2 miles to go on this leg of the journey since I broke it into 1 month segments. I am behind and need to pick up my pace. theres only 3 days left this month which would be 16.4 miles a day. thats a bit much and may have to work on making up ground next month
  • scythswife
    Options

(I am restarting c25k this week, so am hoping to get a good glimpse of Hobbiton from the slopes really soon!)

awesome I am on week 2 of c25k
  • PaytraB
    Options
    fitplease and scythswife, you are both so determined! You're both going to do well with the program. It's not always easy and takes some grit but it's so worth it.

I finished the program 5 runs ago. I've managed to run 5Km on 3 of those runs but not the other 2. Both of those two were on Tuesday! What is it about Tuesdays that makes it hard to jog?

Jan 29: 4.22 miles = total of 53.43 miles = Pippin realizes they've turned too far south as they are still in the trees.
  • skinnygeekwithin
    Options
    Morning everyone!

1/29 2 miles
    Total = 50.24

They reach a belt of trees, mostly oaks with a few elms and ash. Drops of rain fall.
  • xtrout
    xtrout Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    89.46 miles for Jan 2013 - Cross series of deep folds running SE. Keep turning east. Lose direction.
  • skinnygeekwithin
    Options
    4.07 more last night so that brings me to 54.31

Still in the trees, they stop for lunch (ca. 2:00 p.m.). Their singing is cut by the cry of a Black Rider, and they leave (ca. 3:00 p.m.).
  • Ms_Pixie
    Ms_Pixie Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys,

So I've been MIA... Still been working out, but not running quite as much. But I finally got through W6D3 yesterday of C25K (jogging 22 minutes!), I've attempted it a few times but finally pushed through it yesterday :)

So my YTD total is about 29kms or just over 18 miles, which means I'll be lagging behind most of you but I'm nothing if not stubborn!

**We've FINALLY reached Stock Road, so happy that we begin to sing. Then walk through a deeply cloven track between tall trees and climb a steep slope. Pippins stops to yawn as it's nearly midnight, and we decide to camp - In a firwood just over top of the hill. We sleep by a large tree where Fox sees us.

In the morning we eat at our campsite and get water from a stream at the foot of the hill. There's a little fall there where the water fell a few feet over an outcrop of grey stone. It's not till after 10:00 a.m. when we finally leave.

Looking forward to catching you guys .... eventually lol
    :D
  • Ms_Pixie
    Ms_Pixie Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Today I ran 5.14Km in 50 minutes. I did 5K in 49 minutes, which is 1 minute faster than I did it last Sunday!!! It may not be much but I'm getting faster. :smile:
    This is the second time I've managed 5K without stopping to walk. I'm feeling pretty good about that. :glasses:

Yaya Plex! Well done :happy:
  • PaytraB
    Options
    Jan 30: 3.34 miles of walking briskly @ a steep incline = 56.77 miles total = Reach area of the Marish with fields, meadows, hedges, gates, and drainage dikes.

Feb 1: 4.0 miles of jogging @ various inclines & speeds = 60.77 miles total = Edges of fields worked by Farmer Maggot.

Thanks, PixieO. Don't worry about lagging behind. That's the beauty of the internet.....we're all in this together. You're doing great!
    Can't believe I've travelled 60 miles on foot already.