Challenge 1- No sweets/sugars

Options

Replies

• Honeytips
    Honeytips Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    But.. egg nog!. .I have one quart left!. . lol.

You don't need the egg nog - if it can stay for 4-5 more days, push it to the back of the fridge and then you can have something extra nice to look forward to at the end of the week. I've pushed a box of duncan hines brownie mix to the back of the cupboard and I'm just counting down the days until I can fall on it like a frenzied lion!! :laugh:
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    But.. egg nog!. .I have one quart left!. . lol.

You don't need the egg nog - if it can stay for 4-5 more days, push it to the back of the fridge and then you can have something extra nice to look forward to at the end of the week. I've pushed a box of duncan hines brownie mix to the back of the cupboard and I'm just counting down the days until I can fall on it like a frenzied lion!! :laugh:

OK. I'll do it. .This is going to be a serious test of my willpower!
  • Pepper430
    Options
    This will be super challenging but I am up for it!
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    A co-worker came to me and offered sugar covered almonds, so I politely said no but then she insisted.... I had to be really firm and it sounded kindof mean.... ooops. I don't want to tell them I am not eating sweets this week. How do I stay away from sweets without being mean to people????
  • SensationalChange2013
    Options
    A co-worker came to me and offered sugar covered almonds, so I politely said no but then she insisted.... I had to be really firm and it sounded kindof mean.... ooops.

This happens to me alot. It seems like when I decide to cut foods for a certian time period or even limi my portions, thats when people start trying to shove it down my throat, even if I say no. Usually what I don't do is tell them I'm trying to cut back because then it beomes their personal challenge to get you to give in. I usually say thanks I'll have some later and then don't. If they are extra pushy I take it from them, kindly get out of sight and throw what ever it is in the trash. Better in the garbage than glued to my thighs..lol
  • Fat2Fit145
    Fat2Fit145 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I'm on a low-carb diet - no sweets for me anyway! Unless you count the occasional post-workout apple. :smile:
    \\

Fruit is allowed , so u;re good :)
  • SensationalChange2013
    Options
    I am pleasantly suprised to learn that after monitoring my sugar intake today, that I really haven't been eating or craving sugar.
  • Fat2Fit145
    Fat2Fit145 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Dy 2 went well again, stopped at the bakery to get a brownie, and while in the line i hear da vice say " you're not eating sweets" lol.... it slipped me for a few minutes... but i made it :)
  • jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter (I have this everyday) and honey were my downfall today.
  • daniellebfit
    daniellebfit Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Said no to the Ghirdelli Chocolates that were in a bowl in front of me during and after a long meeting today --- a victory
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I visited the keeper of the chocolates today just to say 'hi'. I was NOT tempted! :wink:
  • nmglay
    nmglay Posts: 69
    Options
    I said no to the Panera Chocolate chip cookies that were at work calling my name yesterday...BUT...today I forgot to bring my breakfast to work and ate an oatmeal cookie...SORRY YA ALL! I'm within my calories but lost the challenge BIG time! Good luck to the remainder of you!
  • Honeytips
    Options
    I said no to the Panera Chocolate chip cookies that were at work calling my name yesterday...BUT...today I forgot to bring my breakfast to work and ate an oatmeal cookie...SORRY YA ALL! I'm within my calories but lost the challenge BIG time! Good luck to the remainder of you!

You ate a cookie?!!!!!!!! :huh: lol! Just dust yourself off and remember not to touch any more cookies :smile:

Love all the tales I've been reading!! Congrats to everyone, we will reap the rewards soooo very soon!!
  • raven23uk
    raven23uk Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Oooppss
  • meaghan2008
    meaghan2008 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I love love love my sweets so this one is going to be a task for me.
  • Honeytips
    Options
    I'm thinking that as the days go by it's getting easier and easier to just say no and to avoid...somewhat like when you exercise - at first it seems as if you're going to die (or is that just me?) but as you get stronger it gets so much easier!!
  • Ibelievenme2
    Ibelievenme2 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Mid week and I can truly say No Sweets of any Kind not even honey:happy:
  • shimmergal
    shimmergal Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    again late to this challenge. But hey, better late than never. I will follow the challenge for the remaining of the week. This should be easy as I do low carb (Dukan) anyways.
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Day 3... going strong! :)
  • Honeytips
    Options
    Mid week and I can truly say No Sweets of any Kind not even honey:happy:

Fantastic job!!