Love's Post-Holiday/Wedding Blitz (aka cut-log)

Options
Soooo I gained a whopping 10 pounds from December 15th to January 6th. EEKS! Yeah, totally awful and ridiculous but I'm taking responsibility now! I plan to weigh in every Monday and Friday starting January 18th. I think that Monday weigh ins will keep me on track during the weekend and Fridays will keep me on track during the week!

MY goals for the next 10 weeks are:

1) to lose 8 pounds
2) to be 100% committed to my workout plan (completing every workout during the week that it is planned)
3) to lose an inch from each thigh and my waist
4) to have 6 days at a deficit and 1 day at maintenance each week (maintenance will be Friday, giving me Sat/Sun to get back to "normal")
5) to drink a gallon of water daily

Measurements will be taken February 1st and then bi-weekly after that.

WEIGH IN DATES (Monday / Friday):

First weigh in: January 18th (should have flushed out all the holiday bloat by then)

Week 1: January 21st (out of town) / January 25th:
Week 2: January 28th / February 1st (and measurements):
Week 3: Feb 4th / Feb 8th:
Week 4: Feb 11th / Feb 15th:
Week 5: Feb 18th / Feb 22nd:
Week 6: Feb 25th / March 1st:
Week 7: March 4th / March 8th:
Week 8: March 11th / March 15th:
Week 9: March 18th / March 22nd:
Week 10: March 25th / March 29th:

Last weigh in: April 1st

Replies

• love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    So, I used NROLFW's guidelines to determine my TDEE.

795 + (7.18 x weight in kg) = RMR

Rest: 1175 (rmr) x 1.6 = 1880
    Workout: 1175 x 1.8 = 2115
    Super high activity: 1175 x 2 = 2350

To lose 8 pounds in 10 weeks I need a deficit of 400 calories. That puts my caloric target at:

Rest: 1480
    Workout: 1715
    Super high activity (5+ mile run AND strength training AND errands): 1950

That's a deficit of ~20% per day, which is rather sustainable and still within the healthy guidelines. I am hoping that I see the expected weight loss.

These recommendations are a bit higher than what I have calculated myself BUT I am going to give it a try and reassess after 2-3 weeks of eating the recommended calories (at which point I should have lose 2 pounds). If necessary I will readjust.
  • FoxyMcDeadlift
    FoxyMcDeadlift Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I imagine you'll be super motivated if its a wedding cut! I await your progress with interest!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Wedding?!

So what is your daily intake for 6 days then?
    Options
    I was eating at a 750 deficit 6x a week this past week but Fredie advised against it--I know better but want INSTANT RESULTS. shame shame. I'm going to eat 1750 a day, every day instead.
    Options
    My timeline has somewhat changed. I am starting friday (February 1st) as day 1. I'm on track but I want a clean time frame--1 month to another and february offers 4 clean weeks to measure my progress. No bloat/weird weigh ins to obscure my results.
    Options
    Also, my calorie goal comes out to a 350 deficit each day. That's 7 pounds in 10 weeks. My ultimate goal is a 10 pound loss but we shall see what happens--time will tell. If at the end of 4 weeks (so, March 1st) I'm not down at least 2 pounds then I'll decrease my intake to 1600. That's the plan, for now.
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    sounds good.

Am I blind or did you not include height and weight?
    Options
    I'm weighing myself on Friday --so you're not blind ;) somewhere around 114-115 will be my starting weight at 4'11. Goal weight is 105.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    That is awesome that you have a goal set and know exactly what you have to do. The best way to achieve success is to have a plan!
    Options
    Thanks Bronx!
    Options
    I really hate pictures!! Really really hate them...I'm not sure that I can brave a photo of my chubby midsection right now. I'll take some and then decide afterwards.
    Options
    Okay, weighed in today at 113.8. Didn't take measurements. I'll take them tomorrow morning. My photos are absolutely sickening...I will spare all of you the details and just post amazing afters! :)
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    Remember we are usually or own harshest critic :-)
  • cbear017
    cbear017 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    ^^^ Very true. I'm positive you look amazing already and even if you're not where you want to be you'll be whipped back into shape in no time.
    Options
    Remember we are usually or own harshest critic :-)

True but my ABS ARE GONE :( no where in sight and I have that lower tummy fat that never used to be there. F THAT. Seriously, come march 1st ill post photos. Pinky promise.
    Options
    My plan for the next 6 weeks: (subject to modifications as I feel it out)

5 day split (starting tomorrow)
    1 hour of cardio 5x a week (lifting days)
    1.5 hours cardio 1x a week (LISS)
    Of the cardio 4 min HITT 2x a week

Average calories 1600-1700

M-F
    35 fat/ 150 protein/ rest carbs

Sat/Sun
    Fat/protein (30g carbs MAX)
    Options
    I was 113 this morning. Next weigh in is Friday. My workout today was as follows:

10 x 3 assisted wide grip pull up (50 pound assist...I know, what a weakling)
    8 x 3 barbell bent over row (45 pounds)
    8 x 3 seated row (60 pounds)
    8 x 3 1-arm dumbbell row (17.5 pounds)
    10 x 3 wide grip lat pulldown (50 pounds)
    10x 3 narrow grip lat pulldown (50 or 60..I can't recall)
    15 reps unweighted back extension

60 minutes steady state cardio.

Food--the plan is 1700 calories. My protein is at 170g, fat at 36g ..the rest from carbs.
    Options
    measurements...sigh. okay i'll share. I took these yesterday.

waist--27 (usually 25)
    thighs -21.5 (usually 20)
    bicep (hard to measure..really hard) - 11ish inches unflexed
    hips- 31.5 inches (usually 30
    bust- 32 inches (it could be 34...I have to check again when I get home).

So, my goals are to go back to my former measurements..hopefully its possible with the added muscle.

**btw..I've been taking loads of hormones so I've been more bloated/heavy than usual. I wonder how much of this is the result of the super high doses of estrogen and drugs i'm on. welp, it doesn't really matter because either way the plan is the same--work it off ;)
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    That is a LOT of cardio!!! why?

How long have you been lifting and any particular reason you want a 5 day split?

IMO it's best to focus on getting a strength base with the big compound exercises. Then when you reach that level customise your training to be either PL or BB specific (or a hybrid of both).
    Options
    I just like cardio and for me it doesn't really adversely impact my lifting. I did 15 minutes before lifting and 45 minutes after. I'm following a lifting program and that's just what was on the schedule for back today. I was doing Madcow 5x5 but my goals have changed from gaining strength to maintaining strength and leaning out.

I've been lifting for a while--I couldn't tell you how long with certainty. I stopped for a couple weeks and I don't want to build mass so I'm struggling with deciding on a rep range. Any advice? I know what they say--women don't have much testosterone, they don't build muscle that easily...I can tell you with certainty that whether it's tissue or fluid my muscles are engorged as a result of lifting. I really want to prevent enlargement in any capacity (as much as possible, i know i can't prevent it 100%).

I don't really think I need to get stronge. My 1RMs on the major lifts are...

bench - smidge above 1x bodyweight
    squat- 1.5x bodyweight
    deadlift-~1.75x bodyweight