Love's Post-Holiday/Wedding Blitz (aka cut-log)

Options

Replies

• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    subscribing
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    Today's workout--cardio intensive and a short full body workout:

Flat bench --2 sets, 10 x 65, 10x 75
    Leg lifts - 2 sets, 12 reps
    Barbell bent over row - 2 sets, 45 x 10
    Barbell curl- 2 sets, 35 x 10, 25 x 10
    Leg press- 2 sets, 160x 10, 180 x 10
    Standing Calf Raise - 2 sets, 120 x 10, 140 x 10
    Dip (assisted) - 2 sets, 35 pound assist x 6, 25 pound assist x 3, 10 pound assist x 1
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    nice :smile:

is leg lifts hanging leg raises? (core work)
    Options
    chris--no, I can't do those. my core isn't that strong. I lay down on the bench with my butt hanging off and lower my feet toward the floor and back up. Does that make sense?
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    aaah yeah

Have you tried the hanging ones with knees bent? That is a good progression to straight leg ones. Which is a good progression to front levers hehe. And front levers are farkin' awesome.
    Options
    IMG_0736_zps0d98879d.jpg
    IMG_0738_zps3add1868.jpg
    IMG_0748_zps8e552d08.jpg
    IMG_0749_zps7b0b47e2.jpg
    IMG_0769_zps5708e232.jpg
    Options
    Chris--like captains chair? Yeah I can do those and do them straight but I thought you meant like hanging from a pull up bar or something instead of having my forearms supported.
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    nice food pics :smile:

I just remembered I did a little vid on the progressions already. Explains what I mean better.
    http://cdnutritionandfitness.blogspot.com.au/2013/01/how-to-progress-to-front-lever.html
    Options
    Ill have to check that out. Well today is a day off of lifting. Fredie and I will hit the gym tomorrow morning and lift together. We typically do that.

Eating has been on point since Sunday--I've had high deficits (~1000 a day) to break even (had a 2800 surplus Sunday). So now I'm good to go after 3 days...so happy I rebounded after that. My carbs are super low so I must be glycogen depleted...my weight was down to 111.4 yesterday and that's clearly not right. Ill try to carb cycle from here on out but not calorie cycle.

Also thinking of ESE since that seems easier than regular IFing. I haven't decided yet though.
    Options
    Had 2 days of full body work and cardio--both great.

Today's workout:

Deadlift: 135 x 8 (2 sets)
    Supinated bent over row: 65x8 (2 sets)
    Incline bench: 65x8 (2 sets)
    Back extension with 25lb weight: 10 reps (2 sets)

Cardio
    Hill intervals--slow jog
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    very nice :smile:
    Options
    very nice :smile:

Thank you! :)
    Options
    Workout today:

3 sets each, 12-15 reps each

lat pull (wide) = 50/42.5/37.5 (i think)
    underhand lat pull = ^^ same

one armed DB row = 17.5/15/15
    stability ball pull ins = 15 reps each (first 5 pike)

seated row = 60/50/60
    leg lifts on bench

bent over BB row = 35/35/35
    mountain climbers = 20 reps

alternating bicep curl = 17.5/15/15
    bench dips

preacher curl = 25/20/20
    wide push ups

tricep push down (dying at this point) = 50/40/30
    mountain climber

overhead tricep extension = 22.5/20/20
    bicycle crunches = 25 reps

HIIT = 30 on 30 off, 30 minutes total, 8mph, 5mph, average heart rate = 155, max heart rate = 168
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    looks intense!
    Options
    Chris--omg. I was dying. Fasted too--Eeks. Not doing my strength and cardio together anymore.

Today's workout is not AS intense as yesterday but still intense. 36 work sets, 30 min HIIT. I'm just doing SS this morning. I think ill cut the HIIT in 1/2 because it aggravates my shins.
  • cbear017
    cbear017 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    That does sound intense! How are you progressing diet and weight-wise?
    Options
    progressing diet wise? Not sure what that really means. Could you elaborate?

Weight-wise...whoops..I've been forgetting to update my weight.

This morning 111.8, that's up 1.4 pounds from last Thursday--I assume it's water weight and the additional carbs I ate while Fredie was here. So, I'm down only about 3-4ish pounds but that's okay..it's only been a month of being on track. My goal weight is 103...so I have ~9 pounds to go.
  • cbear017
    cbear017 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    You've got this. I put on a few pounds while my bf was here last weekend but I think they'll come off quickly.

Diet-wise I meant what is your current deficit? And what do your macro ratios look like?
    Options
    I don't really shoot for certain macros--deficit is ~250 per day when I average it out but some days are maintenance and others are a 400-500 deficit.
    Options
    My weight is jumping around like crazy--112.6 yesterday. It's all good. My profile pic is current--thinking an 8 pound loss would be perfect but I'm reducing my deficit to 250 and going to keep monitoring my weight--If NOTHING happens in 2 weeks ill adjust because I don't have all the time in the world to get to goal.