Love's Post-Holiday/Wedding Blitz (aka cut-log)

Options

Replies

• chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I think in a cut you should be including some low rep stuff for preservation of LBM. You aren't going to be gaining any mass as a female in a deficit no matter what rep range you choose. It's all about preservation and IMO some lower rep stuff should be included.

I'd typically do something like 5/3/1 or madcow 5x3 with some assistance stuff in the 8-12 range to keep all bases covered.

Fair enough if you love your cardio. Love your food too so I guess that works well :smile:
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    Chris--thanks. Can you be more specific? Like what kind of split? how many working sets total each workout? That kind of thing.
    Options
    IMG_0716_zpsc3f0a761.jpg
    IMG_0718_zpsd05e4e62.jpg
    IMG_0725_zpsabb162d4.jpg
    IMG_0729_zps1f8c4f23.jpg
    Options
    1. salmon patty and steamed cabbage.

2. my beautifully stocked fridge for the week

3. egg patty topped with canned salmon and swiss cheese

4. lentils and rice
  • cbear017
    cbear017 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Beautifully stocked fridge indeed! Holy crap. And great pics of your food, it's always nice to see what others are cooking up. I'll try to post some too.
    Options
    Thank you! :)
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    yay for food pics :)

I'd go 5/3/1 with one lift per day. Pick your 2 assistance exercises based on your goals. If you have a lagging body part aesthetically or if you feel you have an area to improve for the main lifts ie. **** bench lockout you would be focussing on tricep work. 3 sets of 8-12 for these.
    Options
    Chris--okay, that makes sense. But with "one lift" pet day plus assists wouldn't I essentially be doing a 4-5 day split? Or do I do the sane workout every time I hit the gym?

Say the main lift is deads today...plus assists, could I do bench tomorrow plus assists? Is there a resource for this?
    Options
    Yesterday I let my temptations get the best of me and wound up eating bunches of garbage so today Ill eat lighter to offset tge indulgence. ill be back to my normal schedule tomorrow. Should be good for lifting today--I'm doing legs. Yay for squats.
    Options
    Leg session today (fasted..I was tired...really really tired)

barbell wide stance squat

145 x 5
    95 x 15
    75 x 15

Leg Extension --2 sets
    50 x 15

Leg Press - 4 sets
    120 x 15

Walking Lunges
    45 pound barbell-20 steps
    45 pounds
    25 pounds

Calf Raises
    100 x 15
    80 x 15
    60 x 15

Plie Squat
    25 x 15
    25 x 15
    10 x 15
    Options
    So today is abs, arms, cardio. I'll take pictures of my food today--eating the same thing basically all week.
    Options
    great article. thanks! :)
    Options
    Yesterday I weighed in at 112.8. Woohoo! Today is shoulders and cardio. We are supposed to get a storm so I'm hoping the gym doesn't close tomorrow.
    Options
    Still here...snowed in for the past few days--classes and gym cancelled because the streets have to be cleared. The worst snow storm in 100 years or something like that (for my town). Anywho..I did well on Saturday, ate like a fool on Sunday (700g of protein in a single day..no kidding), and Monday I did REALLY REALLY well, today I'm going to kick *kitten* too. So, yeah! I'm motivated and on it!

My sweetie pie is coming on Thursday (Valentine's Day) so I am extra motivated to be on track--the alternative is being OFF track and feeling discouraged/insecure about my body--we don't want that. Even though 1 day is not going to make a HUGE body difference it does play with psyche so I'm going to work on feeling good! :)
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    tagging to follow along.

Sorry Love, missed when you first posted the thread.
    Options
    tagging to follow along.

Sorry Love, missed when you first posted the thread.

no worries beautiful! :)
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    respect for that protein intake!

And glad to hear your BF is coming back. Is he still on MFP?
    Options
    Chris--Yeah he is but just less frequently. He's working a lot lately. Thanks for the support!

YAY back at the gym tomorrow! Think I'll train legs or maybe full body. I haven't decided yet.
    Options
    Going for full body. Ill post the deets when I'm done.