Bulletproof Coffee

Options

Replies

• kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    After reading over & over about BPC I gave it a try tonight (i'm working all night). I couldn't wrap my head around oil in my coffee but it was quite tastey and satisfying. I drank it at 1130pm and usually snack through the early morning, but haven't had a thing since and its amost 3am. I only put about a tablespoon of coconut oil & butter and no cocoa. I might try the cocoa tomorrow.
  • ejdp254
    ejdp254 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Well done, keep experimenting, I haven't tried it with cocoa yet either, let us know how it tastes!
  • qudoos
    qudoos Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good coffee! But not any good for metabolism, if weightloss is the aim...
  • kristafb
    Options
    I was down a pound & 1/2 this morning and went the whole night without a bit of hunger. I'm gonna try another one tonight.
  • Cathi888
    Cathi888 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Saving this ongoing post for later. I am intrigued. Thank you for sharing.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good coffee! But not any good for metabolism, if weightloss is the aim...

I am not sure what was meant by this, but it almost makes a haiku:

Sounds like good coffee
    Not good for metabolism
    If weight-loss is aim

I don't agree that it's counterproductive the weight-loss. I just had nothing productive to add. ;)
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Leonidas_meets_Spartacus Posts: 6,198 Member
    Options

What is good for metabolism?
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    So I've done BPC for about two weeks. I love it. It keeps me full until nearly lunch time. I'm losing weight at steady clip too.
    Personally, I've gotten some dramatic weight loss off Intermittent fasting using BPC so I'm going to continue experimenting.

So far I've tried a whole combination of BPC mixtures.

1. Grounded Coffee, 15ml Coconut oil, 1tbsp organic butter, 1 tsp cocoa, 1 tsp cinnamon - 2tsp stevia - This was okay, but the cocoa thickened up the coffee and made it kinda thick to drink. It's okay if you're feeling like a richer texture.

2. Grounded Coffee, 15ml Coconut oil, 1tbsp organic butter, 1 tsp cinnamon, 2tsp stevia - It was different, a nice little change, but there were bits in the coffee which I wouldn't like all the time.

3. Grounded Coffee, 15ml Coconut oil, 1tbsp organic butter, 2tsp stevia - Foamy and oily but quite nice.

4, Grounded Coffee, 15ml MCT oil, 1tbsp organic butter, 2tsp stevia - My favourite so far, much foamier, made it really easy to drink. Creamy and filling.

Some people may like more butter or oil, but I found that it was too rich and made me nauseous so it really depends on your body.

Hope this helped someone :)

Good review of the various ways to make BPC
  • rachemn
    rachemn Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Didn't have butter or ghee, but decided to give this a shot today. Used 2 tbsp coconut oil, 1/2 tbsp cocoa and added heavy cream to my coffee. Didn't pull out the blender. Drank it at 7am. Didn't enjoy it and felt a little sick to my stomach, but it's now 2pm and I'm still not hungry.

Brought to hard boiled eggs to work just in case as I'm normally starving at 9:30am. I haven't even snacked on anything today. I'd say it's working.

Gonna gag it down again tomorrow. Ordering Ghee too. And pulling out the Ninja! LOL
  • kristafb
    Options
    Definately use your blender!! it whips up nicely and is quite creamy. It will make a difference for sure. :)
  • jackielou867
    jackielou867 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Just read this entire thread on my smart phone at work. It has made me hungry and crave a latte from the cafe downstairs :-(

I bought coconut oil while ago to try this but only had margarine at home, it was ok, but I wasn't used to no milk and burnt my mouth trying to drink it too soon.

At the time I had an aversion to using lots of calories up at the start of the day so I did not pursue it. I am over that now and making huge breakfasts which I split into 2 and take half to work. I intrigued by this thread so I will give it a proper try, if I can get the butter.

If it works as well as you all say I can stop dragging half my pantry to work every day.

I will give it a week and report back.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    The once was a man from the coast,
    who decided to lose weight so he could boast.
    But, a problem caused him to mutter,
    "What should I do with all this butter?
    I'll just put in in my coffee, not my toast!"
  • rachemn
    rachemn Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    So yesterday my Ghee came and I tried the BPC again this morning. 2 tbsp Ghee (which smells amazing BTW), 1 Tbsp coconut oil, 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder, sprinkle of cinnamon and 2 drops liquid splenda. All with 12 oz of coffee in my Ninja.

It was very good. However (TMI) an hour later I was on the toilet. This started at 7am and has been going on all morning. It's now 11am. I finally made it to work and luckily am close to the potty, but my coworkers are laughing hysterically at me!

Anyone else ever have this problem?

Of course it could be that italian panini I broke down and ate last night! Damn carbs!

On a good note...not hungry and have probably lost a lot of weight today!
  • kristafb
    Options
    Ok so I'm totally addicted! I have BPC everyday!! I make mine a bit simpler than most, just add coconut oil & heavy cream to my strong coffee & blend it up. soooooo yummy!! I crave them now & miss them when I don't have one.
  • LilMamaBear125
    LilMamaBear125 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I made BPC yesterday morning as well as this morning, so far I'm absolutely loving it!

Yesterday I had it first thing when I woke up at 6am (was still half asleep, so I was fumbling) and noticed that I was still hungry come 10:30-11:00. Not much of a change there, but I just had a little snack and then had a light lunch a couple hours later.
    This morning I had my regular black coffee first and then tackled the BPC, bringing it to work with me. This time seems to be lasting me a lot longer - it's 12:30 and I'm not hungry at all yet. (I'm doing 2TBS grassfed butter, 2TBS coconut oil, 1TBS unsweetened cocoa)

So I was wondering, do you usually have your BPC first thing when you wake up or do you wait a while and then drink it? Does it seem to make a difference in how well it works for you?

Also, I'm just using Folgers (I know, I know)... I just can't justify spending big $ on fancy coffees right now! Is anyone else using generic coffee or know of some upgraded coffee that doesn't cost a crazy amount?
  • ejdp254
    Options
    I just use normal good quality ground coffee, and sometimes I even use normal butter, not grass fed! Oh no! Still tastes good and does the job everyday. :drinker:
  • ejdp254
    Options
    And I can only get one kind of coconut oil so that will have to do!
  • LilMamaBear125
    Options
    I just use normal good quality ground coffee, and sometimes I even use normal butter, not grass fed! Oh no! Still tastes good and does the job everyday. :drinker:

That's reassuring, thank you!!

Aside from the energy and feeling full, are you noticing steady weightloss?
  • LilMamaBear125
    Options
    One more question.... I posted this in a different thread, but I think I should've posted here for my fellow low-carbers.

For someone that hasn't been on a low carb diet (or any diet for that matter), would this coffee have the same effect on them? My husband wants to see what all the fuss is about, but he isn't following any kind of diet...
  • ejdp254
    Options
    We're on track so far, slow but steady! As long as the scale goes down and not up I'm happy :smile: