New Rules Supercharged

Options

Replies

• psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Hey all

I just finished nrolfw and am waiting for supercharged to arrive! I'm scared and excited! Hoping I don't get confused by the whole thing!
    It's totally confusing!...at first. Especially if you read it from cover to cover like I did. But once you get pen and paper and attempt to make heads or tails out of it, you'll see that it's not so bad.

Thanks for the reassurance hun :flowerforyou:

Hopefully I don't confuse myself into not doing it lol! I loved NROLFW cos it told me exactly what to do...I'm good at following instructions so I'm hoping this will be ok!!
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    JL, when I get the point that my grip suffers on step ups, I increase the height of the step. When I do them correctly I can barely do 15lb DBs with a mid- thigh height step. 75lbs for reverse lunges is no joke.

psych, I actually found it to be pretty simple. Read the book through and then go back and re-read about creating your workouts. Or just use the sample for Basic Training.

I'm 3 workouts into BTIII. It's kicking my butt.
  • jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    JL, when I get the point that my grip suffers on step ups, I increase the height of the step. When I do them correctly I can barely do 15lb DBs with a mid- thigh height step.
    I hurt my knees really bad from doing isohold hip thrusts. Since stopping them, my knees seem to be fine but I'm extra careful when it comes to step ups because the higher the step, the more stress it puts on them. Because of that, I refuse to go any higher than 16" (I'm 5'1).

Oh, and you should post the exercises you selected for BTIII, I need to plan mine because this is my last week of BTII. But like I said in the other thread, I'm taking a week off so I'll do the planning then.
  • glreim21
    glreim21 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Been lurking here for a while now. Just started Basic Training IV today. Lots of fun trying new exercises but it sure messes with your confidence. I felt like a wobbling newbie with the mountain climbers on a stability ball and my pistol squats....barely dropped down an inch...still, so much fun:)
  • jamaicanlady
    Options
    Been lurking here for a while now. Just started Basic Training IV today. Lots of fun trying new exercises but it sure messes with your confidence. I felt like a wobbling newbie with the mountain climbers on a stability ball and my pistol squats....barely dropped down an inch...still, so much fun:)

I tried pistol squats today just for fun...ha ha ha...ahmm, no way.
  • jamaicanlady
    Options
    This thread has been pretty inactive but wanted to say I finished BTIII last week and started BTIV yesterday. I like it. Except at the end I wondered if I did enough because I finished quicker than I usually do. But then when I got home I struggled to stay awake to drink my protein shake, and fell asleep right after so it must have worn me out.

Here is workout A:

Swiss ball mountain climber

Push up and one arm row

Romanian deadlift
    Decline pushup
    Single-leg squat
    DB 3-point row

Sumo deadlift
    Elevated pushup
    Alligator drag
    Seated cable row

Will post workout B when I do it.
  • Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Marking as I'll be doing this in the fall :)
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    JL, how is BTIV going? I never could master the push-up and row.

Pudding, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
  • jamaicanlady
    Options
    Finished BTIV yesterday! Rest week this week. I'm SO excited about this. I mean I LOVE working out BUT this break is well needed. Still, I'm looking forward to Hyp I where I'll be doing back squats and regular deadlifts again.

Cowgirl, for me the key was keeping my legs a little wider than with regular push ups. That way I could balance when I did the row part.
  • Pudding1980
    Options
    I started with Basic Training 1 today and scaled right back to many of the level 1 exercises like he suggests in the sample workout. I took last week off lifting and wanted to take it a bit easy at the start. I really need to work on push ups; I've never been able to do more than 10 on the floor and that's with elbows splayed out inappropriately :P so I've gone back up to incline pushups with elbows in and could still only do two sets of ten reps. Bah! Slow and steady...
  • Pudding1980
    Options
    Am I the only one here??? :P
  • Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Sorry all the threads have been quiet lately. I had a lazy day today but yesterday rocked some squats. I did supercharged for about three months but then felt like I needed to focus. So I have been messing around for a few months.
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    Ooops, I have been following supercharged but totally forgot about this thread!
  • jamaicanlady
    Options
    I'm following Supercharged still. Currently doing Hyp II. Still enjoying the program.
  • Pudding1980
    Options
    I have a question about the anti extension move for Basic Training 2, workout B. I usually start with the sample workouts, see how I do and then modify or move up where necessary. So the suggested move is the push away (anti extension move level 2) but I can't think of where I can do this move at my gym. I would have to use hand towels, as there are no Valslides available, and the flooring in my workout area won't work with the towels. So, do I move on to the anti extension level 3 move, the Swiss ball roll out?
  • jamaicanlady
    Options
    Any particular reason why you're not doing the Plank and Pulldown? That's what I started with. Did it for a few stages and even doing it now in Hyp II. It's a KILLER. Or are you already doing it in workout A?

Anyway, of course its ok to move on to a higher level. I do that too with the core exercises.
  • Pudding1980
    Options
    Oh, you mean the normal plank (not side) with pulldown? Cause I've been doing that through all of BT1, and I thought we were to switch to a new exercise for every stage? So, I stuck with the plank with pulldown for all of BT1, because it was, and still is, so challenging for me, but again, I thought we were supposed to change exercises when we moved to a new stage.
  • jamaicanlady
    Options
    Oh silly me, I forgot you were in BTII. Well, yea, I don't really do the core exercises in any particular order, I kinda jump around. Right now I do Push up hold planks with leg raised (these are a b*tch) followed by Side plank and rows. In the other workout I do Feet elevated side planks with leg raised, followed by Planks and pulldowns.
  • Pudding1980
    Options
    Okay, I'm back! Done BT2 and starting level 3 tomorrow. I see the interval work from level 2 isn't included in level 3. I loved having that ten minutes or so at the end of BT2 to burn another 100 calories or so and really eek out my muscles. Has anyone included some intervals or HIIT at the end of BT3, on your own?
  • Pudding1980
    Options
    I've been corrected that there is indeed an interval workout at the end...never mind! :)