Personal best on deads

Options

Replies

• ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Never tried to max out. I pulled 190 X 2 on Monday, and that's the most I've ever done. I am scheduled to try 200 next week (doing the Magnusson-Ortmayer program).
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I have 170 scheduled for monday O_O
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    You need to video that
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm following a modified Westside Method (Westside for Skinny *kitten*) and I only pull max-effort once (conventional or hex bar) every couple weeks. My best single last year was 385 but I recently hit 365 for 5 so I think I might be able to get 390/395 for a single now.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm following a modified Westside Method (Westside for Skinny *kitten*) and I only pull max-effort once (conventional or hex bar) every couple weeks. My best single last year was 385 but I recently hit 365 for 5 so I think I might be able to get 390/395 for a single now.

Westside for Skinny *kitten*! I'm RFLMAO right now.
  • NathanDailey
    Options
    I'm a little worried for you, man. Your entire spine was in a state of flexion (though you started off very well on your approach). Unless you've got some serious kyphosis that creates the illusion of lumbar flexion as well, you should definitely spend some time working on your form. I know it can be hard to go down when you've worked up to a high weight, but better that than end up injured.
  • NathanDailey
    Options
    And one more thing, if you look at page 125 of Rippetoe's Starting Strength, your lurching with rounded upper spine very closely resembles the diagram. Because your legs have already straightened, your spinal erectors have to completely take the load, extending the (very high) weight hanging from your arms: a recipe for disaster.
  • yoovie
    Options
    You need to video that

I have a video from last summer when I did 135. i cant get my phone to sit up to video it. May have to play around with it or get one of the other people there to help.

http://youtu.be/34F8idsAkiQ

Course now when I look at it im like - UGH Im 25# lighter and lifting 25# more than that - what kind of progress does that equal :-/
  • JNick77
    Options

Westside for Skinny *kitten*! I'm RFLMAO right now.

Great name isn't it? LOL! Westside is definitely my favorite approach and this variation removes the dynamic effort upper body day which is killer on my elbows.
  • JeffseekingV
    Options
    You need to video that

I have a video from last summer when I did 135. i cant get my phone to sit up to video it. May have to play around with it or get one of the other people there to help.

http://youtu.be/34F8idsAkiQ

Course now when I look at it im like - UGH Im 25# lighter and lifting 25# more than that - what kind of progress does that equal :-/

Still hawt. Nice job! Cleanest gym I've seen too.
  • JeffseekingV
    Options
    I broke my PR last Friday and did 225lbs x 3!

Awesome. You just beat about 75% of the guys at my Y.
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    285x5 not sure on a 1 rm. Theory calculators say 335 but meh could be right not sure. Not big on testing 1 rms right now as the weight is still kinda low for my size anyways
  • Loftearmen
    Loftearmen Posts: 380
    Options
    At my last meet i did 661lbs. If it didn't happen on a platform, it didn't happen!
  • Loftearmen
    Loftearmen Posts: 380
    Options
    My best after getting back into lifting was 1RM 350 with no straps. My grip isn't where I need it to be :( Going to get straps for heavy weeks with my tax return.

Straps<Acquiring Grip Strength
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Pulled 200 twice yesterday. It was really tough. I worked up to it by doing 4 X 4 at 165 and 1 X 2 at 180. Felt great on all those, but 200 felt like a lot more than 20 lbs heavier than my previous set. I've got one more active week on this program, and then I'm probably going to reevaluate whether or not to focus my training on sumo or conventional. I'm only 5 feet tall, so I'm thinking sumo may be easier. I've done only conventional pulls so far.
  • yoovie
    Options
    170x5
  • pwrlftr30
    pwrlftr30 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Deads are the best! Last meet, I pulled a 250lb, and one of the judges said I could've had 300, easy. LOL...maybe.
  • run2jeepn
    run2jeepn Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Nailed 500 back in Dec.. haven't 't tried for a new Max, but I've been repping with mid to high 400's.. I have a meet in May.. I should have a new PR then...
  • JNick77
    Options
    Nailed 500 back in Dec.. haven't 't tried for a new Max, but I've been repping with mid to high 400's.. I have a meet in May.. I should have a new PR then...

That's sick, repping 400+ lbs. Nice!