Personal best on deads

Options

Replies

• MonsterToBe
    MonsterToBe Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Did a 450 dead (conventional, raw, just a belt and a bit of chalk on the bar) at age 50 at a weight of 218.
    450 has been my goal for about a year, so I'm happy to have made that. Time to set a new goal of 480.

Way to go! I'd love to get 450. So far 415 is my max

I love threads like this -- they keep me humble. My PR so far is 330 lbs. :o)
  • mideon_696
    mideon_696 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    good numbers being thrown around here eh. good stuff people!

pulled 210kg x 3 x 3 last friday night. 462lbs in the old money.
    this week i'll be pulling three singles @ 223kg for a pb. and the week after should see me pull 235kg (517lbs) for a total of 15kg added to my PB from 10 weeks ago.

That program is working a treat hey!

I pulled 220kgx5 and 230kgx3 in the last 2 weeks at 85kg BW. (1rm is 240kg) Wednesday I'm going for doubles at 240kg.

yeah simple is the best when programming. seems ours numbers went up inline with eachother....so that says something.

(me and davey running the same program).

pulled 227.5kg the other night. good ol' 500lbs.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I haven't updated on this thread in forever. I've switched from conventional to sumo since my last post. I got to 210 lbs x 2 conventional and stalled. Went sumo and backed off the weight a lot. Have slowly been working my way back up. I have struggled mightily with this lift, but since I started working with Chris in June, I think I have finally turned a corner (mostly a mental one). Pulled 215 lbs/98 kg for a single yesterday. http://youtu.be/sKjtubP60sE
  • ChrisLindsay9
    ChrisLindsay9 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Nice work Casey! Good lifts! I'm subscribing to your channel.

I'm less than six weeks out from my first PL meet, so last night was deadlifts; 300x7 at a bw of 128lbs. (a PR for reps)

Here's video:

My first rep was a little shaky, but I think my subsequent reps were pretty good. I'll probably start with this weight at the event. I probably could go a smidge higher, but since deadlifts will be at the end of the event, I'm guessing some mental and physical fatigue might be something to account for....
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Nice work!

I like the sumo deadlifts and I'm thinking about adding them in as accessory work on deadlift days.
  • ttippie2000
    ttippie2000 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Same here with the sumo deadlifts. I think I may eventually be better at sumo deadlifts but it will take a while. Gonna try to train them alongside conventional for a while and see how it goes.
  • ChrisLindsay9
    Options
    I can touch the top of my knees while standing, and not have to bend over. So, I think I'm good with conventional for awhile, haha.
  • AlbionOakley
    AlbionOakley Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    back up to 197.5kg so far this year. hit 165kg/364lb for three sets of 5 this week.
  • zorahgail
    zorahgail Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    301 lbs / 136.8 kg at 123 lb bodyweight for 1 rep. Tested that max back in March. Raw, with chalk.
  • danixfit
    danixfit Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hit a 1RM PB this week with 305lbs @ 145lb BW. Tried pulling 325 but was lifting with a basketball team and was just mentally distracted. I think next time around I will be able to knock that one down.
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Raw 315. Video of recent training pulling 315 at about 130lbs. Equipped 365.

Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlmliyvnjK4
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    200!
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    My best ever is 450 at about 210 lbs, but I've backslid a bit. Hoping that new programming will help drive me up closer to my short term goal of hitting a good clean 450 again and eventual 500. I'm finding that working speed off the floor and heavy rack pulls from above the knees make me feel stronger throughout the lift, but I won't be maxing again for at least 10 weeks so I'll see where I end up.
  • CarlKRobbo
    CarlKRobbo Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    PB is 240KG\529Lb's at 89KG\196Lb's. Comp time on the 13th Oct, Comp PB is 232.5KG so hoping to beat that, and hopefully go for a new PB Target for this year is 250KG\551Lbs
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" 150lbs, did 280 lbs x 10.
  • vinzorelli
    Options
    405 @ ~128lbs. Sub 10% BF, conventional stance, chalk and Inzer belt.
  • gphclue
    gphclue Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    great group I have been looking for a place to post my PR's. I have not worked out for 4 months due to work but yesterday I hit a 495lb. That is great but i am still 90lb away from my PR that i hit last year. I have a long way to go with all my lifts to get back to where i used to be.
  • ChrisLindsay9
    Options
    great group I have been looking for a place to post my PR's. I have not worked out for 4 months due to work but yesterday I hit a 495lb. That is great but i am still 90lb away from my PR that i hit last year. I have a long way to go with all my lifts to get back to where i used to be.
    Awesome. Keep us posted.

At the APF (American Powerlifting Federation) Fall Open a couple of weeks ago, I hit a PR and set a national APF record for my bodyweight class in the amateur/raw division. I pulled 365# in the 123lb/56Kg weight class.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap0xmaYEaOs&feature=player_detailpage#t=1743 (29:05 mark)
  • sluggz
    sluggz Posts: 134
    Options
    I only have a 300 pound set of plates, but I started a year ago with a 1RM of 185... did 300x10 this week. Im proud of that.

I do 5/3/1 and switch between sumo and conventional each cycle using one for working sets and the other for the assistance.

And Im buying some 45's this week, for my goals, 10 reps is getting too high for an AMRAP set. time to put more weight on the bar.
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Awesome. Keep us posted.

At the APF (American Powerlifting Federation) Fall Open a couple of weeks ago, I hit a PR and set a national APF record for my bodyweight class in the amateur/raw division. I pulled 365# in the 123lb/56Kg weight class.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap0xmaYEaOs&feature=player_detailpage#t=1743 (29:05 mark)

Nice job on the meet. I bet you can't wait for the next one.