• chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options

nice!

235kg at 83kg BW for me.
  • agggie550
    agggie550 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Current PR for Deadlift 485lbs... going for 495lbs on monday, want to try to break 500 by the end of the month.. but if not just gonna keep working at it.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    If it didn't happen on a platform, it didn't happen!

lol no not really
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    If it didn't happen on a platform, it didn't happen!

lol no not really

Guess I need to build a platform
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    Men make me jealous. Not only do you have p3nises, you can dead lift like 500 lbs. #180. :sad:
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options

Guess I need to build a platform

I was going to insert a joke about having a deadlift platform.

I do agree, if you compete, that gym PRs don't really count. But let's be serious, if you squat a grand in the gym, you're gonna be stoked either way.
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    New PR for me today-270 x 1. Pretty excited. Loving the Cube method!
  • rdzilla
    rdzilla Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    630 @ 302 as of last month. Did it with only a weight belt, a deep breath and some Rise Against.

The whole reason I'm here is for a better lift / weight ratio. Think I can lean out while only losing so much strength.
  • ttippie2000
    ttippie2000 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Single raw Rep Max of 425 @226 lbs about an hour ago. That's not a lifetime best, but it's the best in the last 15 years. Feels good to be back in the land of the living.

(just joined group BTW). My goal is to hit 450 during my 50th year.
  • Frank_Just_Frank
    Frank_Just_Frank Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Geez, I feeling good about pulling my new pr of 335 on Friday, now I see I'm a total *****.

Oddly enough I'm one of those weirdos who can squat heavier than I deadlift.
  • KiltFuPanda
    KiltFuPanda Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Geez, I feeling good about pulling my new pr of 335 on Friday, now I see I'm a total *****.

Oddly enough I'm one of those weirdos who can squat heavier than I deadlift.

Any PR is an accomplishment, no matter what it is. You're not competing with everyone else, just yourself.

Count me in the list of weirdos, then - my squat's 70 lbs heavier than my deadlift. (615 vs 545).
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    630 @ 302 as of last month. Did it with only a weight belt, a deep breath and some Rise Against.

The whole reason I'm here is for a better lift / weight ratio. Think I can lean out while only losing so much strength.

Agree, that's my goal too. I'm trying to keep my weight around 199/198 and am shooting for a 405lb deadlift as my first goal. I'd like to get my squat up to 405 as well and my bench to 300.
  • ttippie2000
    Options
    Single raw Rep Max of 425 @226 lbs about an hour ago. That's not a lifetime best, but it's the best in the last 15 years. Feels good to be back in the land of the living.

Update: Just lifted 440. Feels like I got more in the tank, but it's time to rotate off of max lifts for several weeks. My goal is to get to 450, which is what I need to stabilize my back during the torsional stresses I generate when doing Muay Thai. Anything above that is gravy.
  • rdzilla
    Options

Update: Just lifted 440. Feels like I got more in the tank, but it's time to rotate off of max lifts for several weeks. My goal is to get to 450, which is what I need to stabilize my back during the torsional stresses I generate when doing Muay Thai. Anything above that is gravy.

Would say given a good day you have 450 easy! A couple weeks off of the singles and low reps should freshen you up nicely for another cycle of going for singles!
  • ttippie2000
    Options

Would say given a good day you have 450 easy! A couple weeks off of the singles and low reps should freshen you up nicely for another cycle of going for singles!

Thanks. Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I think the next 25 pounds is gonna be mostly technique. I was a bit forward out of groove (you can see it in the picture). I can definitely fix that.
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Pulled 230 for a 1RM last cycle. Not maxing out for a couple more cycles, but with as easy as 205 x 3 was last week and 215 felt today, I'm pretty confident I will be setting a solid PR next time.
  • JNick77
    Options
    Today I hit a very clean 405lbs for my 1RM which is my new PR. My weight fluctuates between 200 and 205 right now, so it's almost 2x body-weight. :drinker:
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I tried to jack 365 again and got it up 5-6" but then I bailed! Argh!
  • JNick77
    Options

Keep hitting it, you'll pull it!
  • rdzilla
    Options

Bailing is better than snapping!!!