March Check-in&Chat - Green beer to fuel your lifts!

Options
tameko2
tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
Yeah, I had nothing witty to say either Audii. Also I will not be drinking any green beer, because, gross. But maybe I'll have a Smithwicks.

Sooooo - Goals for the month? I was debating testing my one rep this month, in something, but I don't know - I'd like to do it with an eye towards hitting a big number like 135 on the bench or 225 on the deadlift or 200 on my squats and I don't have a lot of confidence in any of those numbers for this month. I think it'll be a walk in the park in june, to hit one of those, and that's my birthday month so I could double-celebrate.

So same goals as usual for me - probably. 2100 - 2200 cals. Lift 3-4 times a week. Drag myself out for a jog once in a while when Nick wants to. The cals might change - I'm debating some options like 1800-1900 during deload week (waaaaaah) or a fast day/very low cal high protein day every month (much more tolerable).

Replies

• kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Woot woot! New thread!

I'm patting myself on the back, this morning I finally dragged myself to the gym BEFORE work. It was great! Fewer people, free equipment.

I had some trouble last time I tried deadlifts at 145lbs, so even though it was workout A today, I tagged it onto the end. Well, not sure if this is "correct" or not. But I did 5! ... with a minute or so between reps... thoughts? Ok? Deload?

Otherwise I haven't posted progress so here it is.

Beginning of January:
    Squat - 55lbs
    BP - 55lbs
    Row - 55lbs
    OHP - 45lbs
    Deadlift - 75lbs

As of this morning:
    Squat - 135lbs
    BP - 75lbs
    Row - 75lbs
    OHP - 50lbs
    Deadlift - 145lbs

Except for the OHP, not too shappy I think!
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Ok, hopefully I am not being overly optimistic here... ;) (Even awake I cannot math well...)

March Goals -

-Not drink green beer.
    -Avoid Shamrock Shakes (OMG, have loved those since I was a kid, LOL...)
    -Squat at LEAST 65 lbs.
    -Bench Press at least 65 lbs.
    -OHP at least 50 lbs.
    -Row at least 50 lbs.
    -Deadlift? OMG...120 lbs. That's the biggie for me right there.

-NOT miss a workout (haven't yet, but that's not to say stuff doesn't come up).
    -Maybe pick up where i left off jogging for the 5k in mid-April toward the later part of March.

I know the numbers are uber low considering the five pound increase per workout, but I also know my limitations, and if I go to heavy too fast, form will suffer and this ol' girl is NOT trying to get hurt. :bigsmile:

And today is Meteorological Spring, and I will take Spring any way I can get it, LOL...:flowerforyou:
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    Wow March already!!!

@juliej....great work on the bada$$ numbers and ditching the scale! That is so awesome :bigsmile:

In other non-workout related news...Doozer you might want to skip past this because this really might be TMI :laugh:

So my man friend really is not a douchetard. I think I was/am hormonal and was just in a grumpy mood and I kind of tend to really over-react more often than not when it comes to dating. Result of being effed around and lied to far too much....and it's hard to not pretend the new guy is the same as all the old guys :grumble:

Anyway, things did "progress" last night if you know what I mean :wink: and OMG I just need to know from you ladies....did you notice a big difference in well, how capable you were at being on top? :laugh: Sorry I know it's a little much but I really have no one else in my life that would understand this! I could have been in a rodeo :smokin: Didn't even break a sweat (although I'm a little stiff today :laugh: ) and it was WAY better than ever before! Plus I think I felt way better because, for the most part, anything that was bouncing was supposed to be bouncing :blushing:

Sorry if TMI but that was kind of in a weird way my NSV for the week OMG :drinker:
  • HIITMe
    HIITMe Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Vegas.... I havent noticed much except I can go longer...HE, however, must notice something but Ive been on top for 3 weeks straight now...

anyhoo, my goals are the same.... calorie deficit to lower fat... SLs 3 times a week to retain current muscle mass...lose 10-15 lbs...

also, on the tri training... swim 5 times a week and 5K twice a week....... I am getting a new bike within the next week or so so the latter will likely change
  • tameko2
    Options
    Wow March already!!!

@juliej....great work on the bada$$ numbers and ditching the scale! That is so awesome :bigsmile:

In other non-workout related news...Doozer you might want to skip past this because this really might be TMI :laugh:

So my man friend really is not a douchetard. I think I was/am hormonal and was just in a grumpy mood and I kind of tend to really over-react more often than not when it comes to dating. Result of being effed around and lied to far too much....and it's hard to not pretend the new guy is the same as all the old guys :grumble:

Anyway, things did "progress" last night if you know what I mean :wink: and OMG I just need to know from you ladies....did you notice a big difference in well, how capable you were at being on top? :laugh: Sorry I know it's a little much but I really have no one else in my life that would understand this! I could have been in a rodeo :smokin: Didn't even break a sweat (although I'm a little stiff today :laugh: ) and it was WAY better than ever before! Plus I think I felt way better because, for the most part, anything that was bouncing was supposed to be bouncing :blushing:

Sorry if TMI but that was kind of in a weird way my NSV for the week OMG :drinker:

Yes. "Circuit training" is more awesome now. All positions. More flexibility. More muscle. Less fat in the way of bendiness. It is also improved when your partner has been lifting too. *cough*
  • FluffyDogsRule
    FluffyDogsRule Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Goals for the month...great idea!

wednesday and today I did:
    hack squat - 75
    bench - 60
    dead - 85
    OHP - 55
    rows - 55

march goals:
    hack squat - 100 (!!!!)
    bench - 75
    dead - 115
    OHP - 65
    rows - 65

What do you think??? That'll put me through week 11. Are these reasonable??
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Um, I'm going to need to remember what my weights currently are.

Let's say as goals:
    Avoid green beer! (So close to my next plate for drinking 200 different beers at the Flying Saucer, but won't hit that goal this month)
    Squats - 95
    Bench - 95
    Rows - 85
    OHP - 57.5 (aiming low here and still might not make it)
    Deads - 170

ETA: Also contemplating getting off my *kitten* and trying to jog/walk the 3 mile track in the park practically next door to me. Trying to get over the mental block of "I hate cardio". Felt rather accomplished when we went about 2.75 miles in 40 minutes, but I haven't gotten back out and tried it again. Brains are stupid.
  • Soosannah
    Soosannah Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    March already??? Wasn't yesterday just February? Ok enough with the bad humor :embarassed:

Goals for the month:

* Quit obsessing with the damned scale and the number 211
    * No binges during PMS week ( Last month I ate almost a whole cookie cake from the bakery :ohwell: and I wonder why I stay at 211) I would seriously like to go a month binge free.
    *Stop whining about my sore armpits, OHP's and my husband's inability to find the trash can. He leaves *kitten* laying everywhere
    *Try a new food. Last month was avocados and I fell in absolute love
    *Cut back my addiction to Clif and Powerbars, but they are so darn convenient on work days when I cant seem to get out of the ambulance and back to my base to eat my real food.

I think that is enough for now. Oh yeah keep on lifting duh!
  • samfirman
    Options
    Great numbers everyone! I've never made monthly goals before...think I will this month. Keep lifting all!!!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Wow March already!!!

Yes. "Circuit training" is more awesome now. All positions. More flexibility. More muscle. Less fat in the way of bendiness. It is also improved when your partner has been lifting too. *cough*

Ha, awesome. I always hated being on top because everything was way too jiggly, and no muscles to do much and no stamina to do it for very long. Now, it's not an issue, but I plan on being ready for the future!
  • darwinforyou
    darwinforyou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    Wow March already!!!

Hahahaha I am totally calling it circuit training now....Hey honey, wanna try some circuit training? But yes^^ totally have had quite the difference in that area! Ladies don't feel bad if you can outlast your man now.....cause you will. Not that they are known for longevity anyway. It's all those squats!

On another note - I'm running today. I've been watching walking dead and I totally need to keep up the cardio so I can outrun those muthas.
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    @ Vegas....yeah, I knew he wasn't a douchemobile...hormones be bishes, ya know. Well I KNOW..my man once said to me "You're so effing EMO, and I don't DO emo." bwahahahahah. yeah, but he does do emo.

I haven't really had much of a chance to display some badassery in the bedroom lately since bf's schedule has been totally jacked what with working two construction jobs. Our playdates have all been in the back of my tiny Kia Forte in road side park near his house....no diggity. Sucks toast..but it is. The joys of having mini men....an a senile old woman in our lives. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I'm really hoping to break that little cycle this weekend. And since y'all are giving me the heads up I'll have to go all alpha on my alpha male, bout time I'd say.

Goals...

I want to DL my body weight, which isn't that far off...since I did 110lbs last night BOOOM! sorry, gurlz I'm still a little high from that.

I'd like to get to 110 squat and to 60 for BP and OHP.

I'm going to suck up everyone else's green beer..if I gotta..but I'd rather throw some food coloring into my Jose...straight up please with a dash of green. that sound really good....I see al-ke-hol in my near future.

Biggest of biggest goal for March would be to only weigh in on Sundays...and yeah, measure only then too..but baby steps SLamily, baby steps.

:heart:
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Options
    Haha so awesome that you ladies can all identify with where I'm coming from!

@julie....totally funny that you knew he wasn't a douche. Gosh, if I'm that obvious to my online friends WTF do my IRL friends have to deal with??!!:laugh:

I totally forgot to talk about my goals for March.

-start cycle 2 of SL
    -investigate the possibility of learning to box
    -start taking progress pics and probably share said progress pics :grumble:
    -continue to practice yoga
    -start to set some hard goals to begin my career change :happy:
    -hopefully hopefully hopefully finally break through this phase of weight gain :sad:
    -continue to woo my man friend into become the read deal man friend :blushing:
  • darwinforyou
    Options
    oh yeah. goalz.

to do the idle ironman at my gym 4x a week.

Keep up with my lifts - but probably 2x a week instead of 3x.

Deadlift 200 by the end of the month. Only 25 more lbs to go.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    Weight goals:

Squat: 150
    Bench: 100
    Row: 125
    OHP: 75
    Deads: 175

Other things:

-I'm calling it circuit training now, too. It's fun. :happy:
    -I'm going to try to go binge free for the month, also. This would be absolutely huge for me and is not going to be easy.
    -Shamrock shakes are yucky. :sick:
    -One day of cardio at the gym. I hate it so much now but I think I can commit to at least one day.
    -Go to bed earlier.

I'm excited!!
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    @vegas I imagine your RL friends do the same, in other words humor you. ;)
  • tameko2
    Options
    What's the idle ironman, Darwin?

The 'circuit training' thing came about because a friend of mine in an LDR posted a burn from 'circuit training' on a weekend we KNEW her boyfriend was visiting. So we all started calling it that (it turns out she really had gone to the gym)
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Options
    @vegas I imagine your RL friends do the same, in other words humor you. ;)

Haha yup! You're 100% right :laugh: That's okay....it's a sign of a true friend :smile: And luckily my crazy is getting smaller and smaller as I am getting smaller and smaller. Funny how that works!
  • darwinforyou
    Options
    What's the idle ironman, Darwin?

The 'circuit training' thing came about because a friend of mine in an LDR posted a burn from 'circuit training' on a weekend we KNEW her boyfriend was visiting. So we all started calling it that (it turns out she really had gone to the gym)

The idle ironman is this ironman competition they're doing through-out the month of March, you have 31 days to finish. So in order to do what qualifies as an actual ironman -

consisting of a 2.4-mile (3.86 km) swim, a 112-mile (180.25 km) bicycle ride and a marathon 26.2-mile (42.2 km) run

So in order to do that I need to do it 4x a week running 1.69 miles, bike 7 and swim 11 lengths of the pool.

that's the idle ironman :)

Who wants to do it with me?
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    Hi, all! Workout is tonight for me but I cut my hand making supper last night so I'm hoping it doesn't screw up my grip on my bench press. It's pretty sore on that finger when anything pushes against it, even lightly. Guess we'll see.