Non-Scale Victories

Options
Here is a thread for everyone to come in and post their latest non-scale victory!

Replies

• xbloomerbrigade
    xbloomerbrigade Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thought I would start things off!

I was able to actually buckle the seatbelt in my future MIL's car the other day. I know a lot of people don't know how horrible it feels to not be able to close a seatbelt, but it's rough. It was a big and exciting moment for me in my journey. :)
  • Dianafrance8
    Dianafrance8 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Some NSVs that have happened to me over the last year- crossing my legs, trimming my own toenails , trying Zumba classes, joining a gym, walking in the gym, doing a plank, curling up in an easy chair, fitting comfortably in a theater/plane seat, getting shocked comments and encouragement from people who I haven't seen in a while. Clearly, the list can go on. I can't wait to read about everyone's daily victories.

Blessings, Diana
  • eggsmilkbread
    eggsmilkbread Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I found MY ANKLE BONES. And a dimple in my elbow. :love:
  • newcat31
    newcat31 Posts: 4
    Options
    A few years ago I lost 42 lbs and one day I looked in the mirror and thought 'WHAT'S THAT???' then realised those things jutting out from the lower side of my face were JAW BONES!! LOL, it had been a long time since I could see my jaw line as my face used to be like a balloon. I have regained some weight since then but can still see my jaw bones but need to remind myself not to put on more weight or they will disappear again.
  • xbloomerbrigade
    Options
    Some NSVs that have happened to me over the last year- crossing my legs, trimming my own toenails , trying Zumba classes, joining a gym, walking in the gym, doing a plank, curling up in an easy chair, fitting comfortably in a theater/plane seat, getting shocked comments and encouragement from people who I haven't seen in a while. Clearly, the list can go on. I can't wait to read about everyone's daily victories.

Blessings, Diana

I really find your journey so amazing. I have so far to go on the scale that I get discouraged sometimes. Seeing your progress really is motivational to me. Thanks for sharing Diana.
  • xbloomerbrigade
    Options
    A few years ago I lost 42 lbs and one day I looked in the mirror and thought 'WHAT'S THAT???' then realised those things jutting out from the lower side of my face were JAW BONES!! LOL, it had been a long time since I could see my jaw line as my face used to be like a balloon. I have regained some weight since then but can still see my jaw bones but need to remind myself not to put on more weight or they will disappear again.

Woot for jaw bones!! :D
  • xbloomerbrigade
    Options

It's it amazing to see the ankle bones!? Great NSV! :D
  • XX_Miss_RoseMary_XX
    XX_Miss_RoseMary_XX Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I can do rolling side planks now (not well, but I can do them). When I first started It was so hard, and it was really a mind over matter thing. I was CONVINCED I would not be able to get one arm up!

I have lost 12.75 inches over all from my body. :)
  • Created my own meal plan...yea!
  • eggsmilkbread
    eggsmilkbread Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I can do rolling side planks now (not well, but I can do them). When I first started It was so hard, and it was really a mind over matter thing. I was CONVINCED I would not be able to get one arm up!

I have lost 12.75 inches over all from my body. :)
    WOW that's a lot of inches, great job!
  • xbloomerbrigade
    Options
    Nice job with creating your own meal plan! How did you go about that? Do you feel deprived? Does it meet your nutritional needs? Thanks for sharing. :)

And I don't know what a rolling side plank is, but it sounds impressive and that is a lot of inches! I might have to youtube the move so I can see what it looks like and give it a try! Thanks for sharing, that's amazing. :D
  • XX_Miss_RoseMary_XX
    XX_Miss_RoseMary_XX Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Did my mile in 14mins 31 sec today! A whole Minute faster than usual.

I really thought about quitting at about 0.6 miles, but then I though "you won't get anywhere doing that" I just kept repeating in my head"you can do this, just a bit longer, can't quit now!"

I am really proud of myself.
  • xbloomerbrigade
    Options
    Did my mile in 14mins 31 sec today! A whole Minute faster than usual.

I really thought about quitting at about 0.6 miles, but then I though "you won't get anywhere doing that" I just kept repeating in my head"you can do this, just a bit longer, can't quit now!"

I am really proud of myself.

Great inner dialogue you had with yourself! Super impressed and proud of you for pushing through!
  • Budding_Flower
    Budding_Flower Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    So many amazing NSVs!

I haven't really measured myself much since I started my lifestyle change, but the other day I decided I really needed to start. I put on a shirt that used to be pretty tight and noticed that a huge back roll had just vanished!!! I have no idea when that happened. haha I am definitely going to start keeping up with my measurements now!
  • xbloomerbrigade
    Options
    So many amazing NSVs!

I haven't really measured myself much since I started my lifestyle change, but the other day I decided I really needed to start. I put on a shirt that used to be pretty tight and noticed that a huge back roll had just vanished!!! I have no idea when that happened. haha I am definitely going to start keeping up with my measurements now!

I've never really done measurements of myself. Maybe I will give myself a measuring tape as a scale reward, and then track inches lost for a good NSV! Great ideas and congrats on the vanished back roll. I wish mine would go too! Haha.
  • Dianafrance8
    Options
    You should measure and take pictures. I wish I did from the start, but only started 4 months ago. You will be so excited to have real measurable results not just the scale.
    So many amazing NSVs!

I've never really done measurements of myself. Maybe I will give myself a measuring tape as a scale reward, and then track inches lost for a good NSV! Great ideas and congrats on the vanished back roll. I wish mine would go too! Haha.
  • Dianafrance8
    Options
    If you had asked me a year ago if I though that I would be 100 pounds lighter this year, I would have been terribly embarrassed and probably changed the subject.[

Up till last February, I would spend most of my walking hours dreaming of being skinny, or hating my looks, or planning ways to get skinny. Everyone on this site has struggled and that's why we are networking to help one another.

The old saying, if I can do this, so can you. Try not to think of the whole amount. I was so suprized long the wy of how many NSVs and delightful surprises that God had for me slong this journey . You have jut begun, but you have totally blessed us on your forums. You are amazing. This is going to be great .

Blessings, Diana

I really find your journey so amazing. I have so far to go on the scale that I get discouraged sometimes. Seeing your progress really is motivational to me. Thanks for sharing Diana.
    [/quote]
  • donniesaurous
    donniesaurous Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    from October 31st last year to last Monday I had managed to go for 3 jogs a week with the exception of 2 weeks off when I caught the flu and another week off for a sprained ankle, but sun, rain, wind or snow I was outside pounding the pavement! but over that time (ie Christmas too!) I did my best to not weigh myself or worry too much about what I ate, what was important was getting used to regular exercise! I didn't lose any weight but I can now fit my bum on the swings at my nearby park!

last week I started on a controlled calorie regime of 1500cal Monday to Friday and weekly measurements and weigh ins but more importantly is keeping up with the exercise! if that means eating an extra few calories so be it!
  • jessmadd37
    jessmadd37 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Last week I got home late from an exhausting and stressful shift at work. All I wanted in the world was food from McDonalds and an ice cold pepsi. I really just didn't want to cook. I managed to beat the cravings and convince myself to eat some smoked gouda cheese, crackers and pickles and drank some Crystal Light raspberry tea instead. After that I found I wasn't actually starving and that little bit of food was quite satisfying. I am really proud of myself for overcoming that craving. Hopefully now that I've done it once I can convince myself to do it again in the future! I've also lost two inches on my waist in the last couple of weeks. :)

It's so inspiring to read about all of your little victories. It's nice to see people have goals and dreams who are working hard to get them. Way to go everyone!!!
  • xbloomerbrigade
    Options
    Last week I got home late from an exhausting and stressful shift at work. All I wanted in the world was food from McDonalds and an ice cold pepsi. I really just didn't want to cook. I managed to beat the cravings and convince myself to eat some smoked gouda cheese, crackers and pickles and drank some Crystal Light raspberry tea instead. After that I found I wasn't actually starving and that little bit of food was quite satisfying. I am really proud of myself for overcoming that craving. Hopefully now that I've done it once I can convince myself to do it again in the future! I've also lost two inches on my waist in the last couple of weeks. :)

It's so inspiring to read about all of your little victories. It's nice to see people have goals and dreams who are working hard to get them. Way to go everyone!!!

Nice job beating those cravings! I'm sure now that you've had a positive experience with it, it will get easier for you each time it happens again. Or at least that is the hope!! Congrats on the 2 inches, that's awesome. :) Keep up the good work.