Non-Scale Victories

Options

Replies

• donniesaurous
    donniesaurous Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    NSV of today! - had a 25 min jog before uni, remembered my morning snacks and water but forgot to pack a lunch!! dohh!!
    driving home past 3 posters for mac Donalds one after another right before the drive through, I was soooooooo close to going in and ordering a chicken mac Mayo and a fudge sundae, but i prevailed and came home to make a sandwich!! but i did have two ginger nut biscuits before my lunch! but I guess that's better than a mac Donalds!!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I'm wearing a dress that was snug when I originally bought it. That was before the last baby. It fits nicely now.
  • xbloomerbrigade
    xbloomerbrigade Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to everyone on their NSV's!

For me, it's finals week. I have been stressed to the gills and not necessarily making good food choices all the time. But! I am proud of myself for making it to 2 extra workouts this week. That will make 6 workouts this week (my week runs from Thursday to Wednesday).
  • donniesaurous
    Options
    not exactly an nsv, but it felt like one!

a lady in the check out queue asked me very loudly in front of another customer and the assistant when my baby was due....

what I wanted to do - say something mean and sarcastic in retaliation to feeling fat and frumpy in what I thought was a flattering outfit!

but instead I leaned over and said very quietly, 'I'm not pregnant.....'
    the look of pure horror on that lady's face I'm really glad I took the dignified route, she apologised several times and I told her not to worry, but I hope she thinks twice about asking someone else if she's not 100% sure!
  • xbloomerbrigade
    xbloomerbrigade Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Aww I'm really sorry that happened to you, but great job not losing your cool about it! I probably would have cried in my car, so kudos to you! :)

My NSV for today.... My fiance ran to the corner store and came back with a King Size Reese's Peanut Butter Cup package (4 cups). I bit into the first one as I flipped it over to check out the calories. .... A whopping 400 calories for the whole pack. Which breaks out to 100 per peanut butter cup (which is ridiculous in my book). I finished the one I started, folded the end over, and asked him to take it away from me. I counted my 100 calories of delicious Reese's goodness and am saving the others for another time.
  • donniesaurous
    Options
    Aww I'm really sorry that happened to you, but great job not losing your cool about it! I probably would have cried in my car, so kudos to you! :)

My NSV for today.... My fiance ran to the corner store and came back with a King Size Reese's Peanut Butter Cup package (4 cups). I bit into the first one as I flipped it over to check out the calories. .... A whopping 400 calories for the whole pack. Which breaks out to 100 per peanut butter cup (which is ridiculous in my book). I finished the one I started, folded the end over, and asked him to take it away from me. I counted my 100 calories of delicious Reese's goodness and am saving the others for another time.

I find that really hard! once something is in my house and I know I can't or shouldn't have it (or at least not all of it!) and it's the only thing I want! I'm very lucky I'm the only one who shops and most of the time now, even when I'm shopping hungry I check first and put it back and think of my waistline!

NSV today I was getting dressed in front of my boyfriend for the first time in over two weeks (he's working away, it's lambing season) and he pointed out that my hips looked smoother, he he was right, in the last 4 weeks I've lost 5cm's off my hips! (though put 2 back on my waist, maybe that's why she thought I was pregnant!!)
  • donniesaurous
    Options
    NSV Monday - choosing 1/2 tin of grapefruit over an iced gingerbread man for my 3pm snack!
  • donniesaurous
    Options
    No victories at all today! a bad day all round! Anyone else lacking in motivation at the moment? I've only got 11 weeks left until all my exams are done!! forever!! I don't know if it's the stress of revision, or the awareness that all my door are open and what step do I take next??
  • likitisplit
    Options
    I'm calling BS on your "no victories today." You're not thinking hard enough about how far you've come along. Think back two or three months and compare that to what you did yesterday.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    I have shoulder definition!
  • donniesaurous
    Options
    I think I had around 4000cal binge, no exercise and no motivation!

but today is a turn around - 28 minute jog and went 200m further than I did on Monday! ate well and only went 68cals over.

one bad day doesn't mean a completely bad week!
  • likitisplit
    Options
    that's a huge victory right there.

Also, I don't think that this was the first 4000 calorie binge of your life. I'm betting that there were differences between this binge and the ones you had before.
  • donniesaurous
    Options
    that's a huge victory right there.

Also, I don't think that this was the first 4000 calorie binge of your life. I'm betting that there were differences between this binge and the ones you had before.

yes this one was mainly crisps and cereal bars as i no longer keep chocolate in the house!
    but yes, it's not the first (and won't be the last!)
    some days are just so hard, you forget why you're even bothering
    but it's good to make a note of the good days too!
  • eggsmilkbread
    eggsmilkbread Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I paced myself during C25K and completed all the intervals no problem. :) I realize speed will come with time, I just need to work on my endurance(which pretty much sucks.)
  • donniesaurous
    Options
    I paced myself during C25K and completed all the intervals no problem. :) I realize speed will come with time, I just need to work on my endurance(which pretty much sucks.)

I'm doing couch to 5k for the second time, I don't have longer than 30-40 minutes for my work outs, I was very slow the first time plodding along for 30 minutes was a fantastic achievement even if I wasn't making it a full 5k. at the end of week 9. I went back to the beginning and plodded where you're meant to walk (after the warm up) and jog where you're meant to go faster. I'm on week 8 again now and I jogged 4.6k in 28 minutes yesterday! (though I was shattered!)
  • likitisplit
    Options
    EggsMilkBread - you'll get there by the end of the program. Great job on completing all your runs. The secret is to slow down so that you can make yourself successful - jogging as slowly as you walk is a good rule of thumbe.

Almost nobody is able to run a full 5k in 30 minutes after finishing C25k. However, you are capable of RUNNING a 5k.

My 5k time was 40:40 (pushing a stroller) - I probably could have shaved off about three minutes if I hadn't had the kids.

I created a run schedule with Runner's World's smartcoach program and it has me slated to run a 9:30 minute mile in JUNE - about 18 weeks from the start of the run schedule.

So great job on your accomplishment, donniesaurus!
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I regained the weight I lost earlier this year, but I'm working on losing it again. lost an inch on my hips.
    still have an inch to go, to get where I was, but this is my most challenging area, so it's twice as awesome as anywhere else :)
  • eggsmilkbread
    Options
    Paced myself once again and I ran for 20 minutes straight(or two miles, whatever :) !
  • likitisplit
    Options
    That is an awesome accomplishment! Yay, you! So many people have trouble overcoming the mental side of that run.
  • eggsmilkbread
    Options
    Oh I got another one too! I'm a pear shape so I have ridiculously huge hips/thighs so I have these.. fat hills on my hips, just huge packs on fat on top of the sides of my hips, but I'm very happy to announce that they're shrinking! In the shower I would look down my side and all i would see is hip fat but now I can see a huge difference! The measurement around it is now in the 30's(inches!) as of today.