INSANITY

Options

Replies

• lilpe5512
    lilpe5512 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    @proton77
    That's a part of life. something will always get in the way. Just jump back in the next day, at least that's what I do.
  • lyndabyh
    lyndabyh Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    hey proton, what do you think of that new T25 focus or whatever its called thats coming out?

That looks interesting, 25 min no breaks .I'd love something a little shorter that still gives a good workout/results. I'd definitly be interested in trying , not out until some time this summer though.

So I'm coming to the end of week 8 and once again struggling with time. I switched up last week because that cardio plus abs just does not fit in a typical morning at my house. Doing the same this week. Switching intervals with the cadio and abs then can do those on Friday as no work ( yeah!!!) and still complete the week by Sat. Sunday rest day ( will need as party on Sat night and is my turn to NOT be the DD) Already planning Sat calories ..lol.

Has anyone tried Asylum?? Was thinking of that next as just need something to get me through until the weather here is nice enough ( and light enough) to run outside in mornings. Should be OK by end of April start of May. Then I can run for cardio and add something in for strength.
  • allysonvb
    allysonvb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Ummm recovery week and I'm still dripping sweat? Well played, Shaun T. Well played!
  • allysonvb
    allysonvb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    hey proton, what do you think of that new T25 focus or whatever its called thats coming out?

I was watching the preview of this and I think it looks like pure cardio, but five days a week. It's also got some weights to it- I wonder how much it will cost- I'd be interested in trying it.
  • dwest1976
    dwest1976 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Interesting observation - I am now almost through week 3 of Insanity. During the first two weeks I only lost a pound or so, then all of the sudden in the lat 5 days I've lost three pounds. My calorie burn through the HRM has been abouyt the same the whole time.

I missed a day yesterday for the first time, which was supposed to be Cardio and Cardio Abs. Did that video this morning and am just going to skip Cardio Recovery this week.
  • lilpe5512
    lilpe5512 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Most people have said that you don't drop much in month 1.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    i've done asylum before.

not many built in breaks in that either. I think its a lot more fun because it incorperates a jump rope, pull up bar, weights and an 'agility ladder'
  • proton77
    proton77 Posts: 409
    Options
    ok so i have been throwing this around in my mind and kinda want to see what you all think...I am a runner and i LOVE running...I usually run Mon. Wed. and Fri. So i am finding if i run in the morning and do insanity in the evening my legs are super dead for insanity...or they are super dead for running...so i am thinking of doing insanity on the days i do not run..so that would be doing insanity four days a week....do you think i will still get the results i want from insanity...tight abs and toned body by just doing it four days a week????? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Running uses core and works on your other muscles too. To get that toned and tight body, you'll need to lose or reduce the amount of fat beneath the skin which you could accomplish by having a consistent calorie deficit from dieting and exercising. Doing Insanity 4 days a week should be fine because you're probably pushing just as hard when you run. If you want to maximize your result, reduce the amount of carb and increase protein intake for a while. What's your body fat% now and how quickly do you want to achieve a tight/toned body?

How do i find out my body fat %...just by looking at mfp it is 22%

I use a body fat caliper to measure my body fat. It's also known as the skin-fold method. While it's not as accurate as the underwater or near-infrared methods which is normally available at the hospitals or sports medicine facilities, it's definitely more accurate than the biometrical impedance measurement that we sometimes see as part of the modern scales and workout machines at the gym. If measured properly, the margin of error is very low. This body-fat tester is the one I use and it costs a lot less than going to the doctor's office or hospital :) I normally take a measurement on my waist - between the naval and the hip. It comes with an easy-to-follow instruction so anyone can do it.
  • proton77
    Options

I was watching the preview of this and I think it looks like pure cardio, but five days a week. It's also got some weights to it- I wonder how much it will cost- I'd be interested in trying it.

It's gonna come out in a few months. I only saw a few clips of the workout. Some of the moves look similar to what we're doing in Insanity and some looked new. I have no doubt that it's going to kick butt. Why? just imagine we do the 10-minute Insanity warm-up for 25 minutes :)
  • proton77
    Options
    Interesting observation - I am now almost through week 3 of Insanity. During the first two weeks I only lost a pound or so, then all of the sudden in the lat 5 days I've lost three pounds. My calorie burn through the HRM has been abouyt the same the whole time.

I missed a day yesterday for the first time, which was supposed to be Cardio and Cardio Abs. Did that video this morning and am just going to skip Cardio Recovery this week.

That's great news! Did you eat differently this past week?
  • proton77
    Options
    So after skipping a day of workout the day before, I was determined to bring it last night so I did Max Interval Plyo -- the toughest Insanity workout in my opinion LOL. The reason I said it's the toughest is because I had to take so many extra beraks during the workout. It definitely kicked my butt! The BCAA drink that I've been using while didn't help me with the energy, it did help my body recover fast enough to do the next sets. Normally, my muscles would be so burned out for the last few sets but I was ready to go. Too bad the workout was so grueling that I still couldn't do it non-stop like Shaun T wanted me to LOL. Dig deep y'all!
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Question- now that I have switched my food diary to the TDEE method, do I still get to eat all my calories on the rest day? Feels like I shouldn't. So, in my case I have my diary manually set to 1870/day and log 1 calorie for excercise. On my rest day I still eat 1870?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!
  • proton77
    Options
    Question- now that I have switched my food diary to the TDEE method, do I still get to eat all my calories on the rest day? Feels like I shouldn't. So, in my case I have my diary manually set to 1870/day and log 1 calorie for excercise. On my rest day I still eat 1870?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

I wouldn't eat that much on the rest days unless 1870 is already at a calorie deficit. Just curious what's your TDEE with and without workout? 1870 seems to be a bit much.

I eat 1700-1800 a day to give me 700-900 calorie deficit a day.
  • lyndabyh
    Options

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Yep. You've included your exercise in the TDEE so your calorie allotment is an average ( for lack of a better tem) so your number stays the same all week. When you figure out your TDEE it asks how active you are , usually hours per week. That's why I used "average". Then you just eat the same everyday regardless of your exercise.
  • lyndabyh
    Options
    i've done asylum before.

not many built in breaks in that either. I think its a lot more fun because it incorperates a jump rope, pull up bar, weights and an 'agility ladder'

Do I need to be coordianated because some of the moves in Insanity test my clumsiness to the limits. Not sure if an agility ladder would help matters...lol
  • dwest1976
    dwest1976 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I don't feel like I ate differently over the last week, though I did keep the calories way down on my rest day.
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 924 Member
    Options

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

I wouldn't eat that much on the rest days unless 1870 is already at a calorie deficit. Just curious what's your TDEE with and without workout? 1870 seems to be a bit much.

proton- a beach body coach here on MFP helped me with my numbers and it does include a deficit. I think it was about 2100 without the deficit but don't quote me on that. Losing any additional weight is just a bonus. I would get a kick out of being in the 120's and just want to see that number on the scale but I am cool with my weight right now. My last weigh in was 133.5. I do want to lose body fat though!

And, if you want to PM me and get more info to run my numbers then feel free :) Wouldn't hurt to double check :)
  • proton77
    Options

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

proton- a beach body coach here on MFP helped me with my numbers and it does include a deficit. I think it was about 2100 without the deficit but don't quote me on that. Losing any additional weight is just a bonus. I would get a kick out of being in the 120's and just want to see that number on the scale but I am cool with my weight right now. My last weigh in was 133.5. I do want to lose body fat though!

And, if you want to PM me and get more info to run my numbers then feel free :) Wouldn't hurt to double check :)

I just sent you a PM :)
  • proton77
    Options
    Last night I did max cardio conditioning without the cardio abs because I do the ARX abs on the weight training days. I brought it, if course, and felt great afterward. Max cardio conditioning is one of my favorite insanity workouts.

Today, I'm going to do chest shoulders and triceps, and ARX. To be honest, I'm feeling a little sluggish. It could be due to the lack of sleep. My wife is out of town and I have to babysit my kids the whole weekend. I'll try my best to breakthrough!
  • lyndabyh
    Options
    Last night I did max cardio conditioning without the cardio abs because I do the ARX abs on the weight training days. I brought it, if course, and felt great afterward. Max cardio conditioning is one of my favorite insanity workouts.

Today, I'm going to do chest shoulders and triceps, and ARX. To be honest, I'm feeling a little sluggish. It could be due to the lack of sleep. My wife is out of town and I have to babysit my kids the whole weekend. I'll try my best to breakthrough!

One of my favorite workouts too. I did it yesterday morning with the cardio abs and felt great all day.

PS. Its not babysitting when they're your own kids.