INSANITY

Options

Replies

• lilpe5512
    lilpe5512 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I did day 4 early this morning and plan on doing day 5, pure cardio, after lunch. I need some good cardio considering I ate some junktthis morning for breakfast.
  • proton77
    proton77 Posts: 409
    Options
    Awesome job, you guys/gals! Keep digging deep!

I did max cardio conditioning and cardio abs last night. Again, max conditioning is one of my favs because it's not too long and intense lol! Before I knew it the video was almost over. I guess I could push harder next time! I did p90x ARX the other day and gave it a rave review so I decided to give cardio abs another go. Oh well, ARX is still more effective IMO. :)
  • allysonvb
    allysonvb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Been sick, so haven't done insanity in three days. Excited to probably get back at it tomorrow, planning to do a double so I can get back on track. I don't want to fall behind!
  • proton77
    Options
    Saturday:
    Since I took the rest day earlier than planned other day, I went on and did the 6th workout of the week to wrap up week 7 on Saturday. I have two 2 more weeks on my Insanity/P90x hybrid!

I did shoulders and arms per my plan to alternate Insanity and P90x. This seems to be working out great so far. I can see that my upper body especially the arms are getting really ripped now. The abs are getting more obvious day by day. While the progress is slow (since we can't spot reduce fat), it's progress nonetheless.

Sunday:
    I started week 8 with core cardio and balance. This is the same video I did two weeks back during the recovery week. Guess what? I could keep my arms up the whole time during the last move - shoulders plie. Again, the shoulders and arms work seems to have paid off :)
  • krislshoe
    krislshoe Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Insanity day 6 completed....i had to take two rest days because life just got in the way...my 3 boys had 2 basketball tournaments and a wrestling tournament this weekend and we had to stay overnight...sooo i took my insanity rest day early and then had to take another day off as well...but the fact that i got right back at it today is huge for me...because many times if i was less than perfect at any workout program i so easily just quit doing it...so i am proud of myself today:)..oh and i was able to push harder in this workout since this dvd was a repeat of day 2....Love, love, love my insanity:)
  • allysonvb
    Options
    Month one in the bag- recovery week starts tomorrow! I already miss Pure Cardio! So, set me up on what to expect...
  • allysonvb
    Options
    Insanity day 6 completed....i had to take two rest days because life just got in the way...my 3 boys had 2 basketball tournaments and a wrestling tournament this weekend and we had to stay overnight...sooo i took my insanity rest day early and then had to take another day off as well...but the fact that i got right back at it today is huge for me...because many times if i was less than perfect at any workout program i so easily just quit doing it...so i am proud of myself today:)..oh and i was able to push harder in this workout since this dvd was a repeat of day 2....Love, love, love my insanity:)
    Great job pushing through!
  • lilpe5512
    Options
    Toay is day 8, Pure Cardio and Resistance!
  • proton77
    Options

That happens! I had to take a rest day earlier than have planned the other day but I made sure I stick with the schedule until the next rest day :)

Great job!
  • proton77
    Options
    Month one in the bag- recovery week starts tomorrow! I already miss Pure Cardio! So, set me up on what to expect...

Congrats! You'll like the recovery week workouts. The last 1-2 moves in the video are the best :) Keep this in mind during those moves: "Don't give up!" :)
  • proton77
    Options
    Toay is day 8, Pure Cardio and Resistance!

I love this!
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I am still on schedule, doing my daily Insanity workouts. Thank god I got through the soreness. I wasn't expecting to be so sore, because I feel like I am in pretty good shape and have done a lot of these moves before.

I have been getting some advice from a MFP user who is also a beach body coach. Since I borrowed Insanity from a friend, I don't have all the other info that came with it, just the DVD's. He plugged in some formula's to help me set up my food diary to be 40%protein, 40% carbs, and 20% fats. I also increased my calories quite a bit. This of course is a little nerve wrecking but I have faith in tried and true things, which Insanity seems to be. I am also aware that many people actually gain a little weight in month 1. So I am mentally prepared for it, as long as it's not more than 5 pounds.

It is hard for me to meet the protein goals so I have made several changes to my diet in the last 2 weeks. I use protein powder, eat protein bars, increased my fish intake (I don't eat any meat except fish). I am actually in the boat of "I can't use up all my calories". Never thought I would be there! I mean, of course, one could eat a real brownie and ice cream and a bagel, but then I would be over on my carbs so I can't. I am trying to get the biggest protein count in with every bite I eat.

My diary is public so feel free to take a peak and critique ;)
  • lilpe5512
    Options
    Hi guys! I am still on schedule, doing my daily Insanity workouts. Thank god I got through the soreness. I wasn't expecting to be so sore, because I feel like I am in pretty good shape and have done a lot of these moves before.

I have been getting some advice from a MFP user who is also a beach body coach. Since I borrowed Insanity from a friend, I don't have all the other info that came with it, just the DVD's. He plugged in some formula's to help me set up my food diary to be 40%protein, 40% carbs, and 20% fats. I also increased my calories quite a bit. This of course is a little nerve wrecking but I have faith in tried and true things, which Insanity seems to be. I am also aware that many people actually gain a little weight in month 1. So I am mentally prepared for it, as long as it's not more than 5 pounds.

It is hard for me to meet the protein goals so I have made several changes to my diet in the last 2 weeks. I use protein powder, eat protein bars, increased my fish intake (I don't eat any meat except fish). I am actually in the boat of "I can't use up all my calories". Never thought I would be there! I mean, of course, one could eat a real brownie and ice cream and a bagel, but then I would be over on my carbs so I can't. I am trying to get the biggest protein count in with every bite I eat.

My diary is public so feel free to take a peak and critique ;)

I have the same problem some days, "Can't use up all my calories" When you are trying to eat a lot of veggies you always have calories left over. Sometimes that makes me feel like I didn't eat enough.

I'm trying to stay awake from the scale because it will drive you crazy. Hopefully I have the will power to stay away until I complete the program.
  • proton77
    Options
    @staceypunk - same here. I normally need to take whey protein, eat some cottage cheese and/or beef jerky to meet my protein target which is 50%! Here are some of the food that I source my protein from:
    http://www.fearlessleefit.com/nutrition/food-sources-high-in-protein/

And the protein supplements I use:
    http://www.fearlessleefit.com/nutrition/supplements/supplements-i-use-and-recommend/
  • krislshoe
    Options
    ok so i have been throwing this around in my mind and kinda want to see what you all think...I am a runner and i LOVE running...I usually run Mon. Wed. and Fri. So i am finding if i run in the morning and do insanity in the evening my legs are super dead for insanity...or they are super dead for running...so i am thinking of doing insanity on the days i do not run..so that would be doing insanity four days a week....do you think i will still get the results i want from insanity...tight abs and toned body by just doing it four days a week????? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the links proton77. Your blog is laid out nicely!
  • proton77
    Options
    ok so i have been throwing this around in my mind and kinda want to see what you all think...I am a runner and i LOVE running...I usually run Mon. Wed. and Fri. So i am finding if i run in the morning and do insanity in the evening my legs are super dead for insanity...or they are super dead for running...so i am thinking of doing insanity on the days i do not run..so that would be doing insanity four days a week....do you think i will still get the results i want from insanity...tight abs and toned body by just doing it four days a week????? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Running uses core and works on your other muscles too. To get that toned and tight body, you'll need to lose or reduce the amount of fat beneath the skin which you could accomplish by having a consistent calorie deficit from dieting and exercising. Doing Insanity 4 days a week should be fine because you're probably pushing just as hard when you run. If you want to maximize your result, reduce the amount of carb and increase protein intake for a while. What's your body fat% now and how quickly do you want to achieve a tight/toned body?
  • proton77
    Options
    Thanks for the links proton77. Your blog is laid out nicely!

I've a confession to make: I lost a battle last night because I didn't get to workout!! Some last minute issue happened at work when I was about to leave and I ended up working until 10pm to put out the fire. By the time I get home was like 11'ish. But I was able to keep my diet in check and stay close to my target. 10 more days to go and I really need to finish this strong!

Keep pushing y'all!
  • krislshoe
    Options

Running uses core and works on your other muscles too. To get that toned and tight body, you'll need to lose or reduce the amount of fat beneath the skin which you could accomplish by having a consistent calorie deficit from dieting and exercising. Doing Insanity 4 days a week should be fine because you're probably pushing just as hard when you run. If you want to maximize your result, reduce the amount of carb and increase protein intake for a while. What's your body fat% now and how quickly do you want to achieve a tight/toned body?

How do i find out my body fat %...just by looking at mfp it is 22%
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    hey proton, what do you think of that new T25 focus or whatever its called thats coming out?