INSANITY

Options

Replies

• proton77
    proton77 Posts: 409
    Options
    Started Month 2 today. I tought I was getttin gthe hang of it with month 1 vut Max Interval completely kicked my butt. Who would of thought adding 15 seconds to each exercise would make such a huge difference?? However I managed to modify and slowl it down wenough that I made it through. Probably doesn't help that I'm fighting off a sinus infection and can hardly tip my head down without needing a kleenex. Really made the full body drills interesting.

Now that Its a few hours later though I feel pretty good and am sort of looking forward to Max Plyo tomorrow.

Wish me luck , I'm going to need it:laugh:

Good luck! I too need it :)
  • proton77
    Options
    Luck!
    I will start month two tomorrow, I am a bit anxious but seeing others who are soldering on is motivating.

Yes, my friend, we all need to encourage each other in this journey. Month 2 is a beast!
  • greeenerone
    Options
    Day 1 of month two was great but tough. I took more breaks than I would have wanted but I did sweat buckets and I felt great after it was over. I am looking forward to tomorrow.
  • tlkrallman
    Options
    Last night was Day 1 of month 2, and it completely kicked my a**! I'm more determined than ever to make it through the next 3 weeks and 6 days. (Not like I'm counting.... lol)
  • proton77
    Options
    Good morning everyone!!

@tlkrallman @greenerone - It's good to see you guys back here! Yes, month 2 was no joke!

Last night I was dragging my feet a bit before doing the day 3 workout because I was a little overwhelmed by the difficulties of the first 2 days of month 2 workout. There were tough! Well, I'm glad that I pushed play because day 3 was a little easier, IMO :) While there was no set breaks in this video, some of the moves were not as intense and Shaun T. sorta gave us a little breaks by explaining the each of the moves. That gave me enough time to shake it off a bit and drank some water :)

What did the rest of you guys do?

Dig Deeper!
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    what disc was that proton?

I hear that Shawn T is doing some kind of challenge for his birthday on Facebook. I guess he has never acutally done the full 60 days of insanity and hes going through it right now. Haven't checked it out but thats what ive been told. sounds cool.

'this is max interval circuit and its gonna kick your butt' lol
  • proton77
    Options
    what disc was that proton?

I hear that Shawn T is doing some kind of challenge for his birthday on Facebook. I guess he has never acutally done the full 60 days of insanity and hes going through it right now. Haven't checked it out but thats what ive been told. sounds cool.

'this is max interval circuit and its gonna kick your butt' lol

That was the Max Cardio Conditioning disc. I'll check it out!
  • lyndabyh
    lyndabyh Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Day 2 of month 2 and again I got my butt kicked. Made it through, though there is no way I can do all 16 pushups on all sets of drill3. I think this should be named the squat and push-up day. My glutes are crying:sad:

That said the rest of me is feeling pretty good and I'm glad to hear the cardio tomorrow will be slightly easier.
  • proton77
    Options
    Day 2 of month 2 and again I got my butt kicked. Made it through, though there is no way I can do all 16 pushups on all sets of drill3. I think this should be named the squat and push-up day. My glutes are crying:sad:

That said the rest of me is feeling pretty good and I'm glad to hear the cardio tomorrow will be slightly easier.

LOL... I hear ya. You'll probably like day 3's workout even though it's non-stop (for the most part). Make sure you drink plenty of water beforehand and during the workout. That helped me a lot. Keep digging deep!
  • allysonvb
    allysonvb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Fit test two comparison:
    Here are my two week stats- first number is initial fit test, second was today.

Switch kicks- 101/114
    Power jacks- 28/36
    Power knees- 70/94
    Power jumps- 17/19
    Globe jumps- 6/9
    Suicide jumps- 9/10
    Push up jacks- 7/13
    Low plank oblique- 33/34

I didn't look at my previous results before the test because I didn't want to psych myself out- my hubby bought me a yoga mat and strap as a surprise and I wouldn't accept it until I compared the results (had to earn it). He made me feel very successful as we compared last time to this time. I'm pretty happy, but I definitely got tired at power jumps (not great at those).

On to the next two weeks- hopefully I'll be able to sustain or improve- I'd like to improve my form a bit, too, like get my legs a little higher on switch kicks.
  • proton77
    Options
    Allyson - Good job! You made a great improvement! Same here. I need to get my legs higher during the switch kicks.
  • greeenerone
    Options

Day 2 killed me too. I didn't get sore all through month 1 but I am so sore from day one of month 2 that I thought I wouldn't make it through day 2. I did get through even if I have this bug doing the rounds in my house and the soreness from yesterday, I don't think I did as well as I could have done otherwise. I hope it gets better.
  • proton77
    Options

Day 2 killed me too. I didn't get sore all through month 1 but I am so sore from day one of month 2 that I thought I wouldn't make it through day 2. I did get through even if I have this bug doing the rounds in my house and the soreness from yesterday, I don't think I did as well as I could have done otherwise. I hope it gets better.

That's exacly what happened to me LOL...well that's because our muscles got too "complacent" due to the recovery week prior. In p90x it's called muscle confusion. It's good though. Yes, it did get better for me after day 3.
  • proton77
    Options
    Last night I did Cardio recovery and added 30 minutes of P90X shoulders and arms and 15 minutes of ARX in the end. I was almost out of fuel when I got to ARX but I managed to finish all the reps with additional breaks in between.

I'm planning on starting the 2nd round of P90X after I'm done with Insanity the first week of April :)
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    you did max recovery or cardio recovery? i'm sorry i don't want to sound like a picky a-hole lol, just currious if you happend to do the one from month one for some reason. i really like the max recovery work out.

i'm going to take a week, maybe two weeks 'off' after p90x and just lift at the gym and maybe experiment with a jump rope work out dvd. then Asylum 2 then another round of p90x classic.

that means i wont be starting my next 90x round unitl probably about mid may. but i'll be bringing it with you for some of the time.

And the really good news is that i might even be done cutting by then. which is exciting but a little scarry because i've never been in a positon where the main focus is going to off of burning fat and onto building muscle (tried to do both simultaneously for many years before the science finally sunk in lol). Not really sure what to do other then lift and eat lol. i might end up trying body beast at that point.

I've got a question for you Proton. Whats the deal with P90X Plus? is it a whole program to itself? or is it something meant to be 'hybridized' into the normal p90x program?
  • greeenerone
    Options

That's exacly what happened to me LOL...well that's because our muscles got too "complacent" due to the recovery week prior. In p90x it's called muscle confusion. It's good though. Yes, it did get better for me after day 3.

Yeah, my muscles must have gone to sleep during recovery week, glad to hear that it gets better soon.
  • proton77
    Options
    you did max recovery or cardio recovery? i'm sorry i don't want to sound like a picky a-hole lol, just currious if you happend to do the one from month one for some reason. i really like the max recovery work out.

i'm going to take a week, maybe two weeks 'off' after p90x and just lift at the gym and maybe experiment with a jump rope work out dvd. then Asylum 2 then another round of p90x classic.

that means i wont be starting my next 90x round unitl probably about mid may. but i'll be bringing it with you for some of the time.

And the really good news is that i might even be done cutting by then. which is exciting but a little scarry because i've never been in a positon where the main focus is going to off of burning fat and onto building muscle (tried to do both simultaneously for many years before the science finally sunk in lol). Not really sure what to do other then lift and eat lol. i might end up trying body beast at that point.

I've got a question for you Proton. Whats the deal with P90X Plus? is it a whole program to itself? or is it something meant to be 'hybridized' into the normal p90x program?

Ah dang! I did cardio recovery :( Should've checked the calendar.

That's awesome man...the more cut the better!

P90X plus was a separate program for the "p90x grads" but sometime ago they bundled with the purchase of p90x. I don't have it but based on what I've heard, it's supposed to be more intense and spot-on. Mainly for maintenance and stuff. Do you have it?
  • lyndabyh
    lyndabyh Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Max recovery tomorrow Can't wait to try it, I loved cardio recovery in month 1. Hope this is similar. Can really use a good stretch. Glutes feel a little better today but the cardio max made itself felt too. Not as bad as I thought but wow is there ever a lot of upper body this month. Ahh well, every time gets a little bit better, I'll just keep digging deeper:happy:
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    nope, i don't have it, just been checking out the ad at the end of the other dvds
  • proton77
    Options
    Max recovery tomorrow Can't wait to try it, I loved cardio recovery in month 1. Hope this is similar. Can really use a good stretch. Glutes feel a little better today but the cardio max made itself felt too. Not as bad as I thought but wow is there ever a lot of upper body this month. Ahh well, every time gets a little bit better, I'll just keep digging deeper:happy:

Glad to hear that! I did week 6 day 5: max cardio circuit last night and felt and did much better than the first time around. Yes, there were a lot more upper body than month 1 and I thought I was pretty strong but still had to take extra breaks every now and then. Dig deeper!!