INSANITY

Options

Replies

• allysonvb
    allysonvb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Changing the calendar just a bit- cardio recovery today and plyo circuit in the morning! I got home late from wok and told a friend I'd go to th gym, so cardio recovery will suit! I'm kind of dreading plyo. It goes by quick, but it's so hard!
  • julesxo
    julesxo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I am almost done week 7... even my partner is doing it too and he is finished week 4 :D
  • proton77
    proton77 Posts: 409
    Options
    Good morning everyone!! Hope you all have been digging deep. If not, why not? :)

I'm finally done with my recovery week! However, instead of doing core cardio and balance last night, I thought I would work on my muscles a bit so I did P90X chest shoulders triceps and ARX :p I'll be starting Insanity month 2 tomorrow. Wish me luck!
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Im having to take till Monday off. Im so upset, Ive actually cried about this. My ankle just keeps getting worse, I could barely make it up the stairs this morning. I was going to take yesterday off and do recovery today, but I ended up walking over a mile last night and I think it aggrivated it. I'm pretty upset over it but everything I've read points to ligament damage. Hopefully I'll be able to resume on Monday....could I still do the elliptical or bike?
  • proton77
    Options
    Im having to take till Monday off. Im so upset, Ive actually cried about this. My ankle just keeps getting worse, I could barely make it up the stairs this morning. I was going to take yesterday off and do recovery today, but I ended up walking over a mile last night and I think it aggrivated it. I'm pretty upset over it but everything I've read points to ligament damage. Hopefully I'll be able to resume on Monday....could I still do the elliptical or bike?

Happy Friday, Jamie! I can feel your frustration. It's been almost a week since your ankle started acting up, have you thought about checking with the doctor. I mean, it could heal on its own but sounds like it's not getting any better in the past couple of days. If doing elliptical or bike doesn't put much pressure on your injured ankle then go for it. Otherwise, just take it easy and maybe lift some weight in the mean time :p
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    yeah i'd say the bike would be best, anything that doesn't cause pain should be fine.

if its causing you to limp then def go see the doctor.

whats your guys's favorite insanity move? I think plank punches were my fav

if anybody does all 32 pushups every time in level 3 drills your my hero lol.
  • proton77
    Options
    yeah i'd say the bike would be best, anything that doesn't cause pain should be fine.

Is that move in month 2? I'll keep that goal in mind :)
  • MizVandyk
    MizVandyk Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Hey all I'm Kristi =) I am just lurking for now...still have two weeks left of spine therapy and then I can try insanity again..this time having weekly appointments to work out the kinks already set. In the mean time I am halfway through ripped in 30 just to keep me moving and I have actually seen a change in my body which as always is a nice surprise! So in about 2 weeks I will be hitting insanity hard!!
  • proton77
    Options
    Hey all I'm Kristi =) I am just lurking for now...still have two weeks left of spine therapy and then I can try insanity again..this time having weekly appointments to work out the kinks already set. In the mean time I am halfway through ripped in 30 just to keep me moving and I have actually seen a change in my body which as always is a nice surprise! So in about 2 weeks I will be hitting insanity hard!!

Welcome Kristi! Be sure to post your accountability here when you start, or anything else you wanna share :)
  • MizVandyk
    MizVandyk Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I most definitely will =)
  • allysonvb
    Options

I took an unscheduled rest day today- busy day at work, and the knee probably needs it- I iced it last night and it felt better this morning, but after a long day t work it was hurting. Including walking down stairs. So, I'm going to hit it tomorrow- Plyo is on the calendar but I may go for cardio and resistance.

My favorite moves are moving push ups and ski jumps!

Jamie, I feel your pain, I'm super disappointed, too, but we will heal and get back at it! You don't want permanent damage, so be careful!
  • proton77
    Options
    Started month 2 (max cardio circuit) yesterday. That was INSANE! Month 1 was almost like a warm up for what's to come in the second month. I had to take a few breaks here and there but I'm glad that I pushed through. I need to dig deeeeper!
  • allysonvb
    Options
    Through week two today. Rest day tomorrow, then fit test. Still modifying some moves due to the knee, but still get a great workout!
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Started month 2 (max cardio circuit) yesterday. That was INSANE! Month 1 was almost like a warm up for what's to come in the second month. I had to take a few breaks here and there but I'm glad that I pushed through. I need to dig deeeeper!
    Go you! I use max cardio circuit when I am supposed to do me pure cardio..its the only one I have completed though. It IS crazy I am scared to see the others.
    So i took 4 days off the Insanity Thurs fri sat sun. I DID exercise thurs and fri and rested my ankle sat and sun. Lets pray I can do my insanity tonight! I miss it and dont wanna lose my motivation!
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    i forget the names of them now. I thought the first one in month two was max interval circuit. whatever one has the pedal in it with your arms up is the hardest one. its the only one you actually do three full circuits in. thats a beast.

but the hardest set for me was in the Max sports one right at the end.
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options

really hope your back feels better. i had some chronic back pain before insanity... nothing like what you are going through but it was painfull and bothersome. it was aggrivated at one point during insanity but in the end it must have improved it. It was something i had delt with for years and now i don't really have that issue any more. hopefully it will help you rehab your back too.
  • proton77
    Options
    I did Max Interval Plyo yesterday. It was just about as long and as tough as Max Interval Circuit! I could only get about 35 minutes done due to a last minute schedule conflict which was frustrating. Like you guys have said before, there are definitely a lot more upper body in month 2 :)
  • proton77
    Options
    i forget the names of them now. I thought the first one in month two was max interval circuit. whatever one has the pedal in it with your arms up is the hardest one. its the only one you actually do three full circuits in. thats a beast.

but the hardest set for me was in the Max sports one right at the end.

Gulp!
  • lyndabyh
    lyndabyh Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Started Month 2 today. I tought I was getttin gthe hang of it with month 1 vut Max Interval completely kicked my butt. Who would of thought adding 15 seconds to each exercise would make such a huge difference?? However I managed to modify and slowl it down wenough that I made it through. Probably doesn't help that I'm fighting off a sinus infection and can hardly tip my head down without needing a kleenex. Really made the full body drills interesting.

Now that Its a few hours later though I feel pretty good and am sort of looking forward to Max Plyo tomorrow.

Wish me luck , I'm going to need it:laugh:
  • greeenerone
    Options
    Luck!
    I will start month two tomorrow, I am a bit anxious but seeing others who are soldering on is motivating.