Is it better to poof?

Options
12346»

Replies

• laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I was poofed 3x by the same person. Very painful. I spose it was my fault for letting him back in a 2nd and 3rd time.
    It still doesn't make the pain any less painful.
    Im the kind of person that tells it like it is, so when this happened to me, I kinda lost it.
    Saaaaaaaame here. I eventually texted him (SCREW IT! I don't care anymore!) and said "So I'm just never going to find out what happened am I?"

Still no response.

I'm over it. Really. I am.

I've gotten texts like that. I looked at them, rolled my eyes and kept doing whatever I was doing before.

Neat.

Yeah it comes off even more needy than I thought the person was. Usually say to myself "Wow this person hasn't gotten the hint have they?"

Yes I have poofed on people before.

I'll at the very least say I'm not interested, unless something drastic happened with the person that would make it very clear that I'm not (i.e. leaving the date early/not finishing the date [which I've done] etc). I won't necessarily say why, but as covered earlier in the thread, it depends on a lot of factors. If I say I'm not interested and THEN someone is still persistent, then it's definitely not happening and at least for me personally, that warrants "poofing" from then on. 99% of the time I'll at least have the common courtesy to be honest and up-front about it instead of hiding from someone.

To you it is common courtesy but I would find it annoying is someone called and told me "It just wont work out for such and such reason." Actually I might take that as a challenge to prove them wrong. This is something that none of us will all agree on.

Pretty much this. I see the term "common courtesy" thrown out a lot - if it's so common how come it's such a divisive issue? Some people poof, thems the breaks yo

Ah, I should have said it "SHOULD" be common courtesy, but then common courtesy isn't very common anymore in the first place....as this thread has proved.
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Hey peeps...

Can we dial back the language a bit or maybe be a wee bit less heated? I got a report on this thread for language and "technically" substituting characters for $w3aR words is against global TOS...and I don't want to attract "real" mod attention to the group.

• flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Hey peeps...

Can we dial back the language a bit or maybe be a wee bit less heated? I got a report on this thread for language and "technically" substituting characters for $w3aR words is against global TOS...and I don't want to attract "real" mod attention to the group.

Wondering who is the anal cavity who did this...
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Hey peeps...

That's super duper, top secret classified information and you don't have the clearance. :wink: But seriously, Organic_Azure has a valid point. We are not a private fourm. We are a public forum and we can attract a "official" MFP mod if we break the TOS too many times which would just cause headaches for us and they could even shut down the group. I've seen it happen with other groups on MFP both public and private.
  • laurenz2501
    Options
    Hey peeps...

::resisting urge to point out the obvious::
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Hey peeps...

::resisting urge to point out the obvious::

Gee, I wonder.
  • fullofwhimsy
    fullofwhimsy Posts: 218
    Options
    Hello kittens, it has been a while since I posted. Lots has happened! But let me just say...I used to be a big proponent of manners and not poofing etc. Mostly 'cause I am a people pleaser and also didn't like my ego being taken down a notch if and when it happened to me. But I have to say...I have kinda come around to the other side. Life can be too short, not everyone requires a conversation. Some people are just too annoying to want to deal with further. Not saying I want to poof...but I am not quite as critical of it as I was before...mostly as I realize not everyone views strangers and dating the way I do. In fact...those that poof are just saving me the time of learning they aren't the one for me.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Hello kittens, it has been a while since I posted. Lots has happened! But let me just say...I used to be a big proponent of manners and not poofing etc. Mostly 'cause I am a people pleaser and also didn't like my ego being taken down a notch if and when it happened to me. But I have to say...I have kinda come around to the other side. Life can be too short, not everyone requires a conversation. Some people are just too annoying to want to deal with further. Not saying I want to poof...but I am not quite as critical of it as I was before...mostly as I realize not everyone views strangers and dating the way I do. In fact...those that poof are just saving me the time of learning they aren't the one for me.

I HAVE MISSED YOU!!! So glad you're back <3<3<3
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options

that's a good point. sometimes when people poof, I just see it as them saving me time in the long run. it kinda depends on how long u've been talking and how much u like that person. if u really like them, then it really sucks. lol
  • laurenz2501
    Options
    Life can be too short, not everyone requires a conversation. Some people are just too annoying to want to deal with further. Not saying I want to poof

Very true, but again I think it depends on the circumstances. i.e. How many dates, the connection, how long you've been talking, etc. I'm anti-poofing in general, but I'm seriously about to poof myself on someone I haven't met yet. Only exchanged less than 10 messages through a dating site over the last few days, no phone conversations yet...I think that's an understandable poof-situation. Again, everyone is different and there seems to be a great divide in this topic.
    In fact...those that poof are just saving me the time of learning they aren't the one for me.

Definitely also true, even though it's a hard pill to swallow...I still just want an explanation though. Ugh. :grumble: /overit
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Hey peeps...

What the fark? And some people wonder why they're still single. If you get offended by a swear word, STEP AWAY FROM THE INTERNET.