Anyone starting on the 25th March?

Options
123457»

Replies

• marieann82
    marieann82 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Bought some 10#'ers today. Will start using them for when Jillian says to use the heaviest weights. I only had a pair of 5's starting out, and I know I should of bought the 10's about two weeks ago. Glad I have them now.

Thanks for your input on what you are using. How much are you using the majority of the time?

Marieann- I was using only 5's for the entire 1st and 2nd phase and bought 10's for the third. Now I try to use the 10's for everything, even when she says to use a light weight. I can definitely tell a difference in my arms already. My husband says I have guns :) 4 more days and I'm done with JMBR!!! If I do another round, I may do the whole program with 10's.

I loved working with them today. Really made me wish I had bought them sooner. I am thinking I will most likely do the program again with the 10's, also this summer-and then hopefully start some heavy weight lifting in the fall when I can budget a gym membership in. Love lifting.

I bet you do have some "guns"! :) This program is no joke.
  • yaybazinga
    yaybazinga Posts: 54
    Options
    wow, workout 7 actually felt easier today! still dying in that first circuit with her plank-athon (I know she wants us to stay in plank between the plank walks and the plank-ups-and-downs but there's just no way! lol), but dying a little less...

I have, as many women and even some men, a love/hate relationship with push-ups... a couple of weeks ago I couldn't even do one regular push-up so they make me notice the progress I've made so far the most! I'm so happy about being strong enough to do push-ups now that I don't even mind not being able to do the crow ones ;)
  • marieann82
    Options
    wow, workout 7 actually felt easier today! still dying in that first circuit with her plank-athon (I know she wants us to stay in plank between the plank walks and the plank-ups-and-downs but there's just no way! lol), but dying a little less...

I have, as many women and even some men, a love/hate relationship with push-ups... a couple of weeks ago I couldn't even do one regular push-up so they make me notice the progress I've made so far the most! I'm so happy about being strong enough to do push-ups now that I don't even mind not being able to do the crow ones ;)

W2G! Planks and push ups are hard and it's great to see an improvement! Keep it up!
  • yaybazinga
    Options
    how is everyone doing? can't believe phase 2 is over!!

This week I went on a short trip to Istanbul with my parents but still stuck to the workouts for the most part (can't believe I'm one of those people now...) I didn't do the cardio bc we walked around a lot going sightseeing. On Monday I did some of the workout 7 exercises in my hotel room that don't require equipment, but on Tuesday and Thursday I went to the tiny hotel gym when my parents wanted to rest and did the whole workouts, even upping some of the weights bc they had more dumbbells than I do at home. We travelled back home on Friday so I did workout 8 and cardio today (not Jillian's cardio, just a bike ride).

just watched workout 9, be prepared to die! lol
    I'm a bit scared of cardio 3, I already had to modify or replace lots of moves in cardio 2 for me knee.
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I really admire all of you! Even though I started on the 25th, I'm still stretching out each pair of DVDs to a month so this will last me six months, and I'm doing C25K at the same time. Workout 4 still kicks my butt, and although planks have gotten a bit easier, "easy" isn't really a word I'll ever use to describe them. I'll be moving on to 5 and 6 very soon, and I'm interested in what's to come yet also very apprehensive. I have to modify some of the jumping moves, but I've managed to increase the weight so I still feel like there's some accomplishment.
  • marieann82
    Options
    Moved on to Phase 3. It's crazy that even after 9 weeks of this I still feel like a truck ran me over the day after starting a new workout. Doing 10 today. 9 is not as hard as 7 was, although still a challenge! I have heard cardio 3 is brutal.

I am having a hard time staying on track as food goes. Trying to get my mind in the game on that end.
  • yaybazinga
    Options
    ok, WO 9 circuit 2 is KILLING me! the dive bombers where you lower your body from downward dog in a wave like movement... if I went as low as Jillian I would crash on the floor lol! and straightening the arms from forearm plank is very hard for me as well, it's kinda comforting to see the guys on the dvd struggling with this one too :laugh:
  • marieann82
    Options
    Great job, yaybazinga.

Who else is still with us?
  • mellymo29
    mellymo29 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm still here, but must take a hiatus due to moving. I actually partially did the JMBR to get ready for moving. I am tired, but not as tired as I would have been. I will have to go back several workouts when I restart to re-strengthen, but I will finish it.
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I'm still here! 5 and 6 next week...ugh.
  • JillStone17
    JillStone17 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join this group :) I'm starting week 9 tomorrow :sad: scared! I belong to a couple other groups but there's not a ton of posting going on. I like to read up on people every day. Keeps me motivated :happy:

So far I've lost several inches. Not a lot of weight but I didn't need to really lose weight in the first place. I've taken the last few years to get about 30 pounds off and keep it off.

I haven't been following JM's eating plan but have been eating about 1200 calories during the week and on the weekends taking a break. I know if I followed it all the time I would be seeing more results but I also know that in order to keep going without just giving up that I need to have a break once in awhile. Anyway, I might try to do a second round after I'm done with this one and focus more on my eating.

What kind of results have you all had so far? I'd love to hear about them. Have a great day off!
  • yaybazinga
    Options
    I've been sick since Monday! :( Monday and Tuesday it was just soreness in my throat and my energy felt almost normal so I worked out anyway but today my nose is running and I'm super tired and cranky and I decided to take a break... I actually hate it! yes I'm one of those people who hate not being able to work out! it's like sometimes when you can you don't feel like doing it but when you can't you want to work out even more! :laugh: :huh:

I hope everyone is enjoying the last few days before the very last workouts, can't believe it's almost over!