WHAT WAS YOUR 2 hour post dinner BG?

Options

Replies

• kcaffee1
    kcaffee1 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    2 hrs post dinner was 86, but if the current trend holds true, I'll be sky rocketing tomorrow morning. May pull an all nighter tonight and burn through a pack of strips to see if I actually bottom out, of if these AM horrors are just the dawn effect haunting me.

Total carbs today: 65
    90 mins in the weight room, so burned a TON of muscle glycogen. That might have helped.

Still hot and dry here - typical summer, though cooler than the last couple of years. Forecast is for a cool down possible this weekend, and MAYBE some drizzle around the 4th (still a looooong way out, so we'll see. Some how I doubt it. ::Grins::)
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    Great day on carbs, not too bad for fasting numbers, but almost no activity (house chore day, and I've been putting it off for too long. ::Grins::) So, the post dinner of 96 hurts, but is still perfectly acceptable.

Horribly hot here (102 - I don't know when we got moved to Arizona, but I want to go home again, please.) and dry, which is why I didn't do much - hid inside all day in the AC. Supposed to cool down this weekend and next week. And, the stuff that turns mythical about May has a small, but steady chance of visiting. We might actually wind up with enough moisture to have a green summer and colorful fall! (Wait, I'm dreaming right?)
  • wcucats77
    wcucats77 Posts: 180
    Options
    Hi to all ,,, Again, had more carbs , cooking out hamburgers. Plan was to have one with bun 100% Whole Wheat. But burger was so good had two with bun.

So wasn't sure what to expect; BG @ 10:15pm was 81. 2:00 hours after dinner. Anyway , I will take it as my Fasting number was 96.

So anyway, weather was intense with high humidity, no Arizona here and the ocean is packed.

Everyone have a great Saturday.

WCUCATS77 :bigsmile:
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Arizona here....our high was 110, just dandy (and my a/c crapped out for a few hours this afternoon as well):noway:

Reading was 102

Carbs were ??...lunch was half a chef's salad/dinner the other half.

Carbs that I know of till meter reading were 47.
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    Total carbs today were 77, with the adjustment for net carbs, I was still in the 60's.

Nice day, and some actual mythical wet stuff fell this morning. (Sadly, I was still asleep.)

Absolutely lazy day for the body, but the head has been buzzing like a kicked bee hive. But, that's not what keeps the numbers in check. Surprisingly only 108 after dinner. Some how have to get the head back in the game, and get moving again.
  • airangel59
    Options
    Tonite's reading was 104
    Dinner carbs after a really big carb laden lunch, were 20 (all from fruit)
    Not sure on carbs for day as mexican place had no stats listed
  • wcucats77
    Options
    Good evening everyone... BG @ 9:08pm was 100. 2:00 hours after dinner. About what I expected.

Have a great week.

WCUCATS77
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    Something's wrong here. Good wrong, but wrong. No exercise, OK carbs (49 for the day), and a 2 hour reading of 97.

Why is it the days I'm at, or under, carbs with a BIG exercise day I struggle to haul the post dinner numbers under 100, but the days I don't exercise, and stay under carbs it slips into the 90's easily?
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    2 hr. number was 116...a little higher than usual lately, but still ok. Today ended up a gorgeous day with less humidity. It's supposed to be in the high 70's for the next few days!
  • airangel59
    Options
    tonites read was 103
    dinner carbs were 14
    carbs to that point were 77
  • wcucats77
    Options
    Good Monday evening... BG @ 9:08pm was 109. 2:00 hours after dinner.

Carbs today were 234. Broke down and tried the sugar free coconut Russell Stover's. They were delicious, have not had those in almost year. I finished all 6 and added over 58 carbs. So this is probably the reason for going past my goal of 200.

But I was pleased the number was only 109. I ate those 6 about 90 minutes before dinner. MY goal for 2:00 hours is to be mid low 100. So 109 was not that bad.

Here's hoping Tuesday goes well.

WCUCATS77
  • retiree2006
    Options
    2 hr. 15 min. BG was 106 tonight. Today was one of those perfect days, weatherwise. Hoping for a repeat tomorrow here and wherever you are!
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    2 hrs post dinner: 109

Not jumping for joy, but not totally disappointing. At least it's heading in the right direction. Carbs to this point: 55 (added a couple more for the last snack, so AM numbers may jump a little.)
  • nemrut
    nemrut Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Mine was 90 so I am pleased.
  • airangel59
    Options
    2 hr 11 min after dinner mine was 111
    dinner carbs were 26
    total daily carbs were 83
  • retiree2006
    Options
    Tonight my BG 2 hrs. post dinner was 94.

I'm hoping tomorrow is as beautiful as today was...have a great Wednesday.
  • wcucats77
    Options
    Retiree... Great 2 hour reading tonight. Congrats.

Hi to all... BG @ 9:25 was 106. Thought it might be lower since my total carbs were only 122 today.

Still raining here in SC. Hope everyone has a great Wednesday.

WCUCATS77
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    1.5 hours post dinner, just before left for a nice long walk - 101
    3.25 hours post dinner, just returned from the long walk - 104

Trampled total carbs - 96
    Trampled fiber, so that net carbs came in at 58
    Short on protein
    total walk time - 60 mins on the nose
  • airangel59
    Options
    Almost 2 hrs after eating (subway tuna salad) reading was 85 (right after 30 minutes on the treadmill)
    Dinner carbs were 10
    Daily carbs were 97
  • retiree2006
    Options
    2 hour reading was 91. Today turned out another gorgeous day, weather-wise. Hoping everyone has a fun and safe 4th of July!