WHAT WAS YOUR 2 hour post dinner BG?

Options

Replies

• retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    BG tonight was 78 so I'm heading for a snack! I had a smaller, late dinner since lunch had more carbs than usual. Took a walk, about a mile, after dinner then pulled weeds for about 20 minutes. These all really dropped my BG reading.

Tomorrow is supposed to be in the low 80's. Sounds great! Hope everyone else has beautiful weather, too. :smile:
  • kcaffee1
    kcaffee1 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    @ retiree

I could WISH we'd get some decent weather! We're slated to be over 100 for the next week minimum, and with August rapidly creeping around the corner, I think we will be seeing temperatures closer to 110. Though, it HAS been cooler than the last several years, it's still miserable when the heat really sets in.

2 hour reading tonight - 99.
    Total carbs - 79 (57 net)
    Heavy lifting today, almost no cardio. Hopefully tomorrow's fasting number is reasonable. It seems to finally be steadying down again in the low 100's. Just have to work on gentling it down into the 90's!
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Tonite was 93
    Dinner carbs were 15
    Carbs thru reading were 87

And today the 100+ heat streak here in Tucson ended. The record was not set.
  • kcaffee1
    kcaffee1 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    @ airangel

Now I know where they are importing our heat from! I'd offer to send it back, but I don't think you want it either. (Visited Tucson, and though the heat is dry, it's still a bit too much for me.)

Tonight was 95
    Total carbs: 89 (net 58)
    No exercise to speak of.

I'll happily take this one tonight!
  • wcucats77
    wcucats77 Posts: 180
    Options
    Good evening all.. KCafee, I used to travel to Okla. on business and those July and August can be brutal, so stay cool. Did you get to the Toby Keith Concert last week?

BG @ 9:14 was 102. After having 152 calories today, I was thinking it would be in the mid 90's.

It will be interesting to see fasting number in am.

Hope everyone has a great Friday as they are calling for a lot of rain from Chantal moving in.

WCUCATS77
  • retiree2006
    Options
    Had a post dinner number of 110. Today was fairly pleasant and I was able to get out for a bit of garden work and a couple walks. Hope for a repeat tomorrow!

Stay safe WCUCATS77...and those with that nasty heat, hope you get some relief!
  • airangel59
    Options
    sigh, tonite was 106 and this was after the treadmill, scary to think what it could have been had I not walked
    carbs at dinner were 31 (mac & cheese cup) and total carbs till meter read was only 95
  • wcucats77
    Options
    Good evening... BG @ 10:00pm was 102. Carbs today was 185.

BG @ 7:19 m was 97. Fasting

Pleased with 102.

Everyone have a good night.

WCUCATS77
  • carolemorden9
    carolemorden9 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Before my meal of a bacon cheddar brat, hotdog bun, and doritos, my blood sugar was 91. 2 hours later it was 136. I have not taken any humalog today either. :) Total carb count today was 302.
  • wcucats77
    Options
    Good evening to all... BG @ 9:20 was 93. Carbs for the day 201. Same number as last evening(93), then the fasting number was 102.

Will be interesting to see what fasting number is in am.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday.

WCUCATS77
  • retiree2006
    Options
    105 tonight. It was an absolutely beautiful day here. I'm keeping the fingers crossed for the same tomorrow. Have a nice Sunday!
  • airangel59
    Options
    Tonite was 93 (after 15 min on treadmill)
    Dinner carbs were 17 (w/net carbs factored in from Atkins bar)
    Total carbs today were 102 till reading
  • wcucats77
    Options
    Good evening all.. Air angel, great number 93 ; congratulations!

BG @ 9:30pm was 109. @:00 hours after dinner. Pleased with the number , since we had lunch at the beach and carb count was much higher than I thought. I was 205 calories over target and carb count was 254.

Also, had Whole Wheat Spaghetti for dinner,

Hope everyone has a great Monday, it was a beautiful day here today, another expected Monday.

Have great evening.

WCUCATS77
  • airangel59
    Options
    =103 tonite
    had to workout before dinner to get calories to eat dinner tonite, lol
    dinner carbs were 13
    total carbs for the day were 133
  • airangel59
    Options
    Where is everyone tonite?

=100 tonite right after half hour on treadmill
    Dinner carbs were 20
    Carbs thru reading were 85
  • wcucats77
    Options
    Good evening all... Hi air angel..

BG @ 10:15pm was 102 Very pleased. 215 carbs. Had left over Spagetti , and watched portion control and ended up with good number.

Everyone have a great evening.

WCUCATS77
  • airangel59
    Options
    =107 tonite right after half hour on treadmill
    Dinner same as nite before ..carbs were 20
    Carbs thru reading were 82
  • dontwishforit_workforit
    Options
    212 o___o

Needless to say, I am going to the doctor tomorrow to meet with a nutritionist. I was diagnosed a year ago, and was told to eat 45-60 carbs/meal, and that was the extent of my education. Just had an A1C done [my first] and scored 9.1

*gulp*
  • wcucats77
    Options
    Hi to all... BG @ 9:10 pm was 115. Exactly 2:00 hours after starting meal. Had 177 carbs today.

Have a great evening
  • retiree2006
    Options
    Had a 2 hr. BG of 92 tonight. Continued heat and humidity here tomorrow and it sounds like a lot of you are having the same.

Girl...I hope your meeting with the dr. and nutritionist are helpful and you get a lot more guidance. Hopefully they'll suggest a class that will give you some information.