WHAT WAS YOUR 2 hour post dinner BG?

Replies

• retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Dinner was 10 carbs yet 2 hr. BG was 133. Crazy.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Must be the moon or something....dinner carbs were 14, meter reading after almost 2 hrs (I screwed the time up-was only 1h 45m) was 116
  • kcaffee1
    kcaffee1 Posts: 759 Member
    ::Holds out the 2X4 and waits patiently:: No rice! NO RICE! I KNOW better! But, it tasted so good!

143 tonight, despite the massive cardio this afternoon. Am going to have to watch for how quickly it settles, and see if it actually settles tonight.
  • kcaffee1
    ::Holds out the 2X4 and waits patiently:: No rice! NO RICE! I KNOW better! But, it tasted so good!

143 tonight, despite the massive cardio this afternoon. Am going to have to watch for how quickly it settles, and see if it actually settles tonight.

Either the time stamp on MFP is wrong, or I read the time wrong (the latter is more likely.) If the time stamp is correct, then what I THOUGHT was a panic number was only at the 1 hour mark. (Still not great, but out of the panic region for me!)

Bed time numbers are much better at 102, but I know tomorrow's fasting is going to be on the high side anyway.
  • airangel59
    Today's #s...dinner carbs were 28 and reading 2 hrs post was 90
  • wcucats77
    wcucats77 Posts: 180
    Great numbers air... 90. Terrific!!

WCUCATS77
  • wcucats77
    Good Morning... Did not take my reading last night, so I will use my numbers from lunch, yesterday at exactly 2 hours after lunch. I think I had about 65 carbs and it was;

Would have liked for it to be in high 90's or low 100's but not to bad.

Take care and have a great Wednesday.

WCUCATS77
  • kcaffee1
    Still have my cheese and cinnamon "desert" coming, but figured I probably ought to nab the numbers before I much the last pieces of my day.

Now, it seems even Greek yogurt is going to play fun and games with my numbers - 12 carbs from the last food (My smoothie - protein powder with 3 carbs and Chiobani Greek yogurt for the other 9) - and I'm at *121* still.

And, it's not a hold over from dinner either... nothing there to make those carbs linger.
  • wcucats77
    Good evening to everyone... BG @ 10:12pm- 90.

Had 3 slices of pizza and nothing else(thin crust).

One never knows about this condition. But happy with results tonight.

WCUCATS77
  • nvstlrgrl
    nvstlrgrl Posts: 70 Member
    110 and surprising enough I went out to dinner and forgot my insulin at home. So no shot and I still came in at a good number. YAY!!!
  • airangel59
    Dinner was a dozen carbs so no clue why 2 hrs post was 110
    (had 2 sugar free Russell Stovers but was all sugar alcohol ...so much for the net carbs helping)
  • walkswithart
    walkswithart Posts: 145 Member
    145 after dinner last night with pasta (2/3 cup) and net carb of 49. Not a bad number for 1.5 hr post meal.
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    127 approx. 2 hrs. after dinner.
  • kcaffee1
    121 <--- WHAT?!??!

Total carbs today were only 33, dinner carbs only made up 5 of them! Is the cinnamon REALLY that effective? I didn't have any last night, nor this morning. And, I had enough cardio that number should have been MUCH lower! ::Sits down and cries::
  • wcucats77
    Hi everyone... Thanks to all for sharing their information with regard to 2 hour post meals-

Not sure why but my BG @ 9:43 pm was 80. 2 hours and 15 minutes after dinner.

See if this might help anyone. I had very intense cardio on Schwinn air dyne bike; amounting to 53 minutes at 550 calories, which was 14.4 miles. When I do this and this is only me, it really helps get me to lower numbers. My carb count for the day was 178, and calories were 1400 after deducting for 550 calories. So, total 1950 calories.

I am finding doing 190 minutes a week really helps BG. Just passing along, again hope this helps.

Comment; it will be interesting to see BG early am fasting number.

WCUCATS7

WCUCATS77
  • airangel59
    Thursday...26 dinner carbs, meter read 116 (not sure if residual high from lunch at 11 a.m, carbs there were 68)
  • kcaffee1
    Hi everyone... Thanks to all for sharing their information with regard to 2 hour post meals-

Not sure why but my BG @ 9:43 pm was 80. 2 hours and 15 minutes after dinner.

See if this might help anyone. I had very intense cardio on Schwinn air dyne bike; amounting to 53 minutes at 550 calories, which was 14.4 miles. When I do this and this is only me, it really helps get me to lower numbers. My carb count for the day was 178, and calories were 1400 after deducting for 550 calories. So, total 1950 calories.

I am finding doing 190 minutes a week really helps BG. Just passing along, again hope this helps.

Comment; it will be interesting to see BG early am fasting number.

WCUCATS7

WCUCATS77

Funny you mentioned having better numbers after a long-ish cardio session. I've seen the same thing. And, as for today, that's all I can think of.. I was light on the cardio since I didn't hit the pool like I had originally planned. It may also be because I did a different type of exercise - I have never tried yoga before. I remember when I first started lifting I'd get a nasty spike the night after a session. So, there's a couple of possible factors right there. I just hope it settles down for the morning reading! I don't like seeing the after dinner reading this high.
  • wcucats77
    KCaffee... Good Morning! Thanks for the follow up as to what you experience. Now the reason, I wanted to respond in addition to thanking you for your informative follow up was to let you know what my BG was this morning after fasting.

My reading this morning was 92 @ 6;27. I had a great number of 80 last night. So, it appears that my fasting range is typically anywhere from 90-112. This range follows a bell shaped curve and I notice the lower my post number is the better my fasting number is in the morning.

One last note; before I went to bed, I was hungry so I had an orange . My point; still had great number for fasting.

Does anyone else who reads this agree with my thought on intense workout for helping BG?

WCUCATS77
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    I also believe that the exercise routine makes a considerable difference, and that intensity does matter. With a routine of about 150 minutes a week, mostly walking, I was able to get my a1c down to 5.7. I've increased my routine to almost double that training for a 5k, and have used c25k, Jillian's 30 day shred, some strength, and walking and swimming on "break" days, and my a1c is 5.1. My a1c wasn't bad before, it was perfectly fine and I was delighted with 5.7, and yet, the exercise helped it to continue to drop. My weight has also continued to drop (though more slowly) so there are definitely multiple factors, but as the increase in exercise was intended in part to get the scale moving again, the exercise is still behind it all. I think we just need to move as much as we can, knowing that the impact on our BG will be positive, and that every bit counts.

Good luck all!
  • kcaffee1
    BAD day in the food department. Total carbs for the day - 138

That would normally mean an after dinner number in the 120's. Instead with the MASSIVE cardio today, I was actually at 100!

So, I guess I'm going to have to find ways to make sure I get a heavy dose of cardio in daily.