WHAT WAS YOUR 2 hour post dinner BG?

Options

Replies

• koshkasmum
    koshkasmum Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Eeek. 4.1 mmol (that's 73 in the measurement you use in the US) Gonna need a substantial snack to get me to morning without crashing.........
  • wcucats77
    wcucats77 Posts: 180
    Options
    Good evening everyone... BG @ 9:18pm- 103. Taken 1:55 minutes after starting dinner.

This is a great question and as important as fasting number. I hope others start recording their findings.

WCUCATS77
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    I only take it once a day ..2 hrs post dinner....don't have today's yet but the last few days:
    Sun 16 carb dinner =102
    Sat 10 carbs=99
    Fri 47 carbs =127
    Thurs 22 carbs =118 (3 hrs after dinner)
    Wed 8 carbs=93
    Tues27 carbs=111
    Mon 34 carbs also 111

Great question...made me stop, look & compare.
  • wcucats77
    Options
    Air angel... Thanks for publicly recording. I, too think this is very important information for all of us to share, hence the post meal numbers. It provides us information as to what our fellow MFP friends are experiencing and exchanging experiences to help us all on our journey to remain healthy. I am so glad my doc told me to get on MFP. It is invaluable.

Good luck on your journey. Anything I can help with, please let me know.

WCUCATS77
  • koshkasmum
    koshkasmum Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    6.5 mmol (or 117 for those in the US.) Had a low carb dinner and adjusted gluconorm accordingly. Looks about right.
  • glendarednock
    Options
    What is the best number for the bg because mine is usually 100 & 104 and I can't seem to have a certain level that it stays at. I did have 97 for a bg but that did not last long at all. This morning it was at 100. At night it is higher. Is that what normally happens at night?
  • wcucats77
    Options
    Last night BG @9:15- 91. 2hours after meal.

WCUCATS77
  • wcucats77
    Options
    BG@ 10:00pm- 96- 2 hours after dinner.

WCUCATS77
  • wcucats77
    Options
    BG @ 10:15pm 99. 2:10 minutes after dinner.

WCUCATS77
  • wcucats77
    Options
    BG @ 9:15pm- 2:00 after dinner 113.

WCUCATS77
  • mikejholmes
    mikejholmes Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    5.7 last night.
    102.6 for you Americans
  • wcucats77
    Options
    Mike..Thanks for taking the time to let everyone know your results. 2 hours after meals is a very important test to do and share. Most appreciated. BY the way great numbers.

The picture on your profile looks like the original Gomez Adams from the TV show Adams Family. Is that correct???

WCUCATS77
  • mikejholmes
    mikejholmes Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Mike..Thanks for taking the time to let everyone know your results. 2 hours after meals is a very important test to do and share. Most appreciated. BY the way great numbers.

The picture on your profile looks like the original Gomez Adams from the TV show Adams Family. Is that correct???

WCUCATS77

I really liked the Addams Family! :laugh:
  • wcucats77
    Options
    A great show... Classic TV. My favorite characters were Cousin IT and the hand.

Let's not forget Pugsley :laugh:

WCUCATS77
  • wcucats77
    Options
    BG @ 9:15= 108. Exactly 2 hours after dinner.

WCUCATS77
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Guess I'll join the group here tonight...2 hours after dinner BG was 105.
  • nvstlrgrl
    nvstlrgrl Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Well I can certainly see the difference in being type 1 and type 2 in this post. My after dinner was 132. I do not eat again until breakfast and if I were to take enough insulin to put my after dinner at 100-115 I would be low in the middle of the night. It sure is interesting seeing what everyone's results are.
  • wcucats77
    Options
    Good Morning, Retiree and nvstrgrl ... Thanks for contributing to this page along with the fasting numbers!! I think both pages are as important to our Diabetes condition and sharing information that might help us all understand how we are doing . I have personally seen some numbers that surprised (good and bad) me after eating and after reading what others report helps me understand why.

So again, if your testing twice a day, which is what I do, I try to always let the community know what I have discovered even if it was unimportant to me it might trigger something another is experiencing. Keep it up!!

Thanks again

WCUCATS77
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    2 hrs. after dinner BG = 130...kind of high considering my total carbs today have been 53, lower than usual.
  • wcucats77
    Options
    Thanks for signing in. I will be doing my results in about 45 minutes, which skews the results, being it wll be almost 3 hours. The reason being I worked out very intensely and just cooling down.

REcording will help, it certainly has me.

Take care and have great night.
    WCUCATS77