April Challenge - Me vs. The Binge

Options

Replies

• Finchtastic1
    Finchtastic1 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Me: 2
    Binge 3:

It's been a bad couple of days. Back on track again today look forward to exercise tonight.
  • davidwgold
    Options
    Me: 3
    The Binge: 2

Had a busy day and was nearly triggered several times but glad I didn't!
  • Missklara
    Missklara Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Me: 2
    mr. Binge: 3
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    April 5th.

Kate - 3.
    Binge - 2.
  • jessicagomes15
    jessicagomes15 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    April 5th

ME - 4
    BINGE - 1
  • mrswaite08
    mrswaite08 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Me: 4

The Binge: 0
  • danifo0811
    danifo0811 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Me - 4.
    Binge - 0.
  • rincoglionita
    rincoglionita Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Forgot to check in yesterday, so I'm doing it now. :)

April 2013

4/4/13

Poppy: 4
    the binge: 0
  • eschorre
    eschorre Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Elizabeth 4
    Binge 1

Binge won today, wasn't too bad, but now I feel really upset at myself. I ask myself once again, why is food such an issue????? This is so hard!!!!!
  • traceycalaway
    traceycalaway Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    me:4
    the binge: 0

Hi everyone. Hope you're all having a great day.
  • hdkerr
    hdkerr Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Heather: 4
    Binge: 1

I was on the fence about logging today as a binge day. On one hand it definitely wasn't a terrible day. I just ate more than I should. In the past I would've gone buck wild eating and eating and eating when I knew that I screwed up and ate too much, but this feels different. Even though I ate way more than I should have today I'm so proud of myself for not spiralling into a food coma oblivion.

Even though I failed today I feel like a success--like a small step in the right direction. I think the most helpful thing I've learned lately is perfection (or the struggle for it) is the most detrimental thing to my goals in weight loss and my desire to have a healthy normal relationship with food.

I had a doctor/professor in optometry school tell me that it's ok to stumble along the way as long as you fall forward and not backwards. I wonder if she even knows how often I've thought about that simple idea?

As always, thanks to everyone here for your inspiration and support. Sorry I wrote so much. :)
  • sophiemcbarron
    Options
    Today I had about 1650 calories and my target is to eat 1300 a day, it wasn't crazy and I had the control not to spiral into maddness. Should I count this as a binge or not?
  • kge0891
    kge0891 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Today I had about 1650 calories and my target is to eat 1300 a day, it wasn't crazy and I had the control not to spiral into maddness. Should I count this as a binge or not?

Definitely not! It's all about how you feel! You felt in control, so it's not a binge, besides 350 is nothing!! A good workout will take care of that :smile:
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    April 5

ME: 3
    BINGE: 2

Jumped out ahead of the ugly binge monster!
  • karendee4
    karendee4 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I have not done well lately but today I have gotten much better

April 5
    Karen 1
    The Binge 4

Days Left 25

Binge Days
    4/1 4/2 4/3 4/4
  • heatherrose9
    heatherrose9 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    5-0...and I give credit to mfp for it not being a binge day...I was close. ...but it didn't get me;)
  • Phoenix212
    Phoenix212 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Still strong and bolstered from the support yesterday, and tomorrow is going to be a good day!

Me: 5
    Binge: 0
  • SarahRea32
    SarahRea32 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    April 6th

Well. I have had 2 days this week (Tuesday and yesterday), where I have eaten more/different foods than I intended to. Both times I was aware of what I was doing and managed to stop myself before I got out of control. I'm going to count them to me. I'm pretty sure a lack of control is considered as part of defining a binge! I just logged those extra's in my diary to stay accountable to myself and a few friends who probably think I'm perfect.

I'm curious - How does everyone classify a binge to themselves? I guess it's fairly subjective :)

Sarah: 6
    Binge: 0
  • run252
    run252 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Me: 6
    The Binge: 0

Had a big dessert today and have been snacking on chocolate after dessert - was feeling emotional and stressed, but I didn't binge, and remained in control the whole time! I realize I probably shouldn't have eaten this much junk, but I guess we all have those days! I realize I definitely shouldn't keep this type of chocolate/any candy in the house, but I'm not going to move on to any other types of snacks tonight! Went over my calories for the day though...

For me a binge is feeling out of control, willing to eat anything and everything in front of me, especially things I don't especially like. It's eating so much I feel uncomfortably full, more than a day's worth of calories in a really short period of time!
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    April 5

me: 5

bingemonster: 0