Options

Replies

• Tatyanakuster
    Tatyanakuster Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    April 7,2013

Me:5

Binge:2

I had a bag of ---- in my pantry that I was wanting to break into and eat the whole thing. Through out the day I planned when and how I would eat it, then I would be strong then I'd make a new plan. I really thought I was going to fail because it was constantly on my mind. Somehow today I found an inner strength. I'm grateful for this victory, not worrying about tomorrow just enjoying tonight....
  • traceycalaway
    traceycalaway Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    yesterday was better

me:5
    the binge:1
  • SarahRea32
    SarahRea32 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your replies guys :) I have gone over today, but wasn't a binge so I'm happy I have logged and finished with eating for today.

April 8th

Sarah: 6
    Binge: 2
  • eschorre
    eschorre Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Elizabeth 5
    Binge 2

Glad the weekend is done! Weekends are so hard for me!
  • kge0891
    kge0891 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    April 7, 2013

Kourtney: 3
    Binge: 3 (4/2, 4/3, 4/4, 4/7)

Binge free for: 0 days

I literally can't stand this. I will never meet my weight loss goals like this. I gained 8 pounds from this binge and the previous ones, and 8 pounds is half of my weight loss total so far. So ashamed of myself. Why isn't this easier? :(
  • wllwsmmr
    wllwsmmr Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Summer - 3
    The Binge - 3

Binge free for: - days

I'll count today as a binge. Wasn't too nasty but I failed my goal and so I need to be strict with myself! Today was also a busy and tiring day so that might have made me hungrier! I am hoping to have a decent day tomorrow to make up for today! Still fighting the urge to eat more but I'm done and I KNOW IT. Gonna do some cycling on my back while I stay on mfp til I get to sleep!!

SADLY IT TURNED INTO A NASTY BINGE. Sunday sucked.
    Let's hope Monday would be good x
  • stephs0214
    stephs0214 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Saturday and Sunday were a close one but am proud to say I'm binge free for 7 days!!

Me: 7
    Binge: 0
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    April 2013

Diane - 6
    The Binge - 1
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    ...I'm curious - How does everyone classify a binge to themselves? I guess it's fairly subjective :)

Pre-binge:
    Pre-binge, I often think about bingefoodx for awhile. At this point, if I can divert my thoughts by engaging in another activity like walking, reading, journaling, talking, etc., I can avoid a binge. Or, if I can 1) observe my binge urge and remind myself of my wellness goals, or 2) tell myself I can eat whatever I want, just not in excess but rather in moderation, or 3) tell myself that I can eat whatever I'm craving, in moderation, if I'm still craving it the next day, then I can avoid a binge. Finally, at this stage if I can simply observe my binge urge and try to live with the uncomfortable feeling it causes, then I know I do not need to binge because I know the urge will eventually pass.

Characteristics of my binges:
    1. I almost always binge on processed sugar.
    2. I eat super fast.
    3. I am often not truly physically hungry.
    4. I am often emotionally upset about something.
    5. I am alone.
    6. I feel impelled to eat the whole (container, package, box, etc.) of bingefoodx.
    7. In the moment, I do not care about/think about my wellness goals or the consequences of the binge. If a thought about consequences pops up, I quell it. (I consider it a success if I listen to this little thought and not quell it; that means I am able to stop the binge mid-binge.)

Post-binge:
    Afterwards, I feel too full, sluggish, tired...physically uncomfortable. Emotionally, I feel guilty, ashamed, or sad. I have to be mindful enough of these feelings so that I do not allow them to lead to another binge. I sometimes try to figure out why I binged so I might learn, and I try to avoid beating myself up so that I can recover quickly and get back on track. (But sometimes it's hard to get back on track.)

I can binge without exceeding my daily calorie goal, or I can exceed my daily calorie goal without binging. A binge is defined more by my mindset rather than the number of calories consumed. (A binge does usually mean high calories, though.)

Thank you, Bea! I love your insight on it. Very thoroughly explained.
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Me: 6

The Binge: 2 (4/1, 4/6)

I consider my last binge to have been VERY small... (2,700 calories) It didn't even top 3,000. A lot smaller than my binges last month... even though I was eating compulsively I did stop and didn't continue eating that night, so I see it as a small victory regardless of it adding me the negative point. My goal is to have 4 or less binges this month. Whether it happens or not, I'll be happy if my binges are smaller -- it still shows progress. :=)

Hope everyone had a good weekend<3
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    4-8-13
    Jul: 6
    Binge: 2 (4/4, 4/5)

Days in April: 30

I've fallen into the restricting part of this disorder, I still struggle. Today I am consciously making the effort to get my calories up so I don't fall into the binge cycle.
  • julieanne0924
    julieanne0924 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Me: 5
    Binge: 2 (4/4; 4/6)

Feeling stronger. I logged my gain for the week. I will do better.
  • julieanne0924
    julieanne0924 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    ...I'm curious - How does everyone classify a binge to themselves? I guess it's fairly subjective :)

My feelings before a binge are awful. It's like I can't sit still. I want the people around me to leave so I can eat, eat, eat. I have never binged in front of anyone. Usually if my famiy is home, I sneak into the kitchen and eat. Sometimes I will stuff something into my pocket and then go up to my room and eat it. If my binging gets hampered, I will figure out a way to get the food I am wanted. It almost feels like the food is going to go away or something.

Usually I will eat around 2k - 3k calories. Sometimes my stomach hurts so badly and I want to throw up, but I don't. It's usually those times where I promise myself I will stop and that this will be the last binge.

My triggers are emotions, feeling like "Everyone can eat this but me," tiredness and if I have restricted myself too much.

Ugh. I hate it.
  • Springfield_Rocks
    Options
    April 7

Me - 7
    Binge - 0
  • LOVEsummer
    LOVEsummer Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Me-5
    Binge-2

I ate a bigger than normal breakfast this morning, but I remembered this group and pulled myself under control before I got crazy. <3<3<3

I'm so happy that I didn't slip.
  • katilynnegray
    katilynnegray Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    4/8

Me: 5
    Binge: 3
  • wllwsmmr
    wllwsmmr Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Summer - 3
    The Binge - 5

Monday still bombed. Still binged. Still nasty. Slightly better than Sunday though.
  • info_nrs
    info_nrs Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Been off for a couple of days. . . so here it is:

Me - 5
    Binge - 2 (4/3 & 4/6) :embarassed:

No more holidays, no more birthdays. . . no more EXCUSES!!!! :sad:
  • karendee4
    karendee4 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Got on the scale today and lost control.

Why do I do this? I hate my binges. I am sore from exercise and feel some pain. So I also think my pain this week has gotten me upset too.

My therapist is working on mostly anxiety. I need help with binging more.

Karen 3
    The Binge 5

Days Left 22

Binge Days
    4/1 4/2 4/3 4/4
    4/5
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    8th April.

Kate - 6.
    Binge - 2.

Intermittent fasting seems to be helping me with binge eating tendencies.