Progress Photos

Options

Replies

• giusa
    giusa Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Can definitely see a difference in your glutes and thighs, great work @xcalygrl!!!
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    giusa wrote: »
    Can definitely see a difference in your glutes and thighs, great work @xcalygrl!!!
    DawnEmbers wrote: »
    Very nice! :smiley:

Thank you to you both :smiley:
  • indianarose2
    indianarose2 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    xcalygrl wrote: »
    Another progress photo. The photo on the left was taken almost a year ago. I was lifting at the time, but I wasn't lifting heavy. The photo on the right was taken this month (can't remember the exact date). The photo on the right is after 6-7 months after I started lifting heavy via Stronglifts.
    33kc8qq.jpg
    Just what I needed to see today!! I have a long way to go on my legs!
  • rajnigandha21
    rajnigandha21 Posts: 121 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    hilaryhill wrote: »
    12dc4a19-da7b-42f5-858e-0ad4d171987f_zps202275cd.jpg

This is a "before" pic and "during" pic, haha. The first pic was taken June 2013 and the during was taken a couple days ago. Ive been dieting (though it doesnt feel like it, I eat 2200-3000 calories a day... but Im also breastfeeding) and I do cardio 3x a week for fun. I do SL 2-3x a week right after. So Im only at the gym 2-3x a week, not too shabby!

I just cant believe how much my posture has improved and how much my stomach has been "pulled in." You cant tell with these pics but my arms also have a lot more definition. Ive had 3 babies in 4 yrs, just had my youngest in December so hes only 8 mos and I gained a lot of weight with him. My goal weight is 155 because that's what I was when I got married :) but I dunno, Ill just see how this weight lifting goes. I love it!

Cant wait to post an "after" picture. I hope to lose all my weight/fat by my baby's first birthday in December! I think I can do it. :)
    :o
    If "during" is like this what will be the "after"?!! Amazing and Awesome transformation!!
    What's your height?
  • justmytype
    justmytype Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    04nb2y0p3kjl.jpg

Started Stronglifts 5x5 in August 2014. Still working on reducing body fat %. I've found I actually look "smaller" now at a higher weight than I did years ago at a lower weight. Go figure!
  • tiffanyhowland
    tiffanyhowland Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I can't believe I am going to share pictures but the results are what keeps me going.
    This is my batwing.
    It has been my goal for the past year. I hate it.
    It limits me on clothing I can wear and the way I feel about my body.
    I'm a teacher and the students ask me why I wear shawls and sweaters all the time...
    this is why. (Warning: hard on the eyes)

ejbnrn.jpg

Now, after this I lost 100 pounds without lifting any weights. So, I had this.

1zqvbf8.jpg

One month later using the SL program, call it newbie gains or whatever, it is finally getting better. Still can't do a tanktop but I feel better about the progress at least.

14xi4ol.jpg
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,754 Member
    Options
    justmytype wrote: »
    04nb2y0p3kjl.jpg

Started Stronglifts 5x5 in August 2014. Still working on reducing body fat %. I've found I actually look "smaller" now at a higher weight than I did years ago at a lower weight. Go figure!

Wow you look so much different in the second picture. Great results, you go girl.

• Kriistabell
    Kriistabell Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    n176bk4y2x6h.jpg

I'm only one week in but I do see a tiny difference in definition! :lol:
  • indianarose2
    Options
    justmytype wrote: »
    04nb2y0p3kjl.jpg

You look fantastic!!! Those arms!
  • indianarose2
    Options
    I can't believe I am going to share pictures but the results are what keeps me going.
    This is my batwing.
    It has been my goal for the past year. I hate it.
    It limits me on clothing I can wear and the way I feel about my body.
    I'm a teacher and the students ask me why I wear shawls and sweaters all the time...
    this is why. (Warning: hard on the eyes)

ejbnrn.jpg

Now, after this I lost 100 pounds without lifting any weights. So, I had this.

1zqvbf8.jpg

One month later using the SL program, call it newbie gains or whatever, it is finally getting better. Still can't do a tanktop but I feel better about the progress at least.

14xi4ol.jpg

Congratulations! Big difference! Keep going!
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Okay, here goes. I attempted to make a collage so they could be side by side but it took quite a bit of effort with my computers limited software for such. Had to fight file sizes and paint. Left is from when I first started, little over a month before I started weightlifting and SL. Second is after the 12 weeks of SL and a few weeks into NROLFW. Final is dress shopping. I will do some like the previous when I have a place to do it and that may be in November when I go visit family as I want to do some sports bra shots to go with the ones I have but may never post (we'll see). So, year of lifting, learning to jog and counting calories. And sorry, no smile on the selfie with the phone, lately even if I smile I look grumpy so I gave up on that, lol.

ndx5cn.jpg
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    DawnEmbers wrote: »
    Okay, here goes. I attempted to make a collage so they could be side by side but it took quite a bit of effort with my computers limited software for such. Had to fight file sizes and paint. Left is from when I first started, little over a month before I started weightlifting and SL. Second is after the 12 weeks of SL and a few weeks into NROLFW. Final is dress shopping. I will do some like the previous when I have a place to do it and that may be in November when I go visit family as I want to do some sports bra shots to go with the ones I have but may never post (we'll see). So, year of lifting, learning to jog and counting calories. And sorry, no smile on the selfie with the phone, lately even if I smile I look grumpy so I gave up on that, lol.

ndx5cn.jpg

Nice transformation! You look great!
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    @fanncy0626 - Thanks. You look great. I've seen the photos in a couple of the success threads and it's a wow each time.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Dawn - We found the secret to getting in shape and being able to eat a lot of food. Lifting weights and making lean muscle that burn 7-10 calories per pound per day compared to fat that burns 2-3 calories per pound per day. Your pictures show your successful transformation through weight lifting and should be motivation to other women!
  • indianarose2
    Options
    Great job both of you!!!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Great job both of you!!!

Thanks! Loving lifting! <3
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Angel grove, absolutely fabulous!!!

Fanncy I'm with you, no longer bother with cardio, just lift!

I actually popped into this thread to see Dawn's pics. WOW DUDE! I haven't seen you at the gym since like April (do we still go to the same one?) and you look AMAZEBALLS holy cow!!!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Angel _Grove - fantastic results! Lifting really does make dramatic changes to your body. You look great!