Progress Photos

Options

Replies

• canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    mustb60 wrote: »
    Just a curious note here. Have not lost a single pound but after just 5 weeks of SL and calorie count I am seeing tiny changes.

last night i had an encounter with the woman who ran my very first toe-dipping excursion into learning to lift. idk what she was comparing me to in her mind, because i've seen her at least once in the 2 years since that class. either way, i'm definitely no lighter than whatever picture she had in her mind. i might be as much as 15 pounds heavier.

even so, she did a huge double take when i straightened up from clipping my plates to the bar and she got a good solid full-length look at me. and it was a 'wow' take, not a 'yikes' one.

so i believe i've changed too.
  • mustb60
    mustb60 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Just a curious note here. Have not lost a single pound but after just 5 weeks of SL and calorie count I am seeing tiny changes.

last night i had an encounter with the woman who ran my very first toe-dipping excursion into learning to lift. idk what she was comparing me to in her mind, because i've seen her at least once in the 2 years since that class. either way, i'm definitely no lighter than whatever picture she had in her mind. i might be as much as 15 pounds heavier.

even so, she did a huge double take when i straightened up from clipping my plates to the bar and she got a good solid full-length look at me. and it was a 'wow' take, not a 'yikes' one.

so i believe i've changed too.

Must be a good feeling to you! Please post your pics here!! It's really motivating to see transformation of fellow lifters.
  • canadianlbs
    Options
    Must be a good feeling to you! Please post your pics here!! It's really motivating to see transformation of fellow lifters.

it was . . . interesting. bit of a history with her which puts colour onto everything that she says and does when i go away and think about it. she made it really really extremely clear she doesn't consider real lifting to be for the likes of me, and refused to even discuss it with me. 'got an illness? can't get strong. can't lift heavy. light weights only, no compound lifts.' she still tries really hard to stuff me back into that definition every time she seems me.

but whatever. she certainly blinked.

i never publish pictures and actually never took any. you'll just have to imagine me :smile:
  • mustb60
    Options

it was . . . interesting. bit of a history with her which puts colour onto everything that she says and does when i go away and think about it. she made it really really extremely clear she doesn't consider real lifting to be for the likes of me, and refused to even discuss it with me. 'got an illness? can't get strong. can't lift heavy. light weights only, no compound lifts.' she still tries really hard to stuff me back into that definition every time she seems me.

but whatever. she certainly blinked.

i never publish pictures and actually never took any. you'll just have to imagine me :smile:

It's really an amazing experience when we surpass the barriers set by others or our own mind.
    Kudos to you!
  • mmebouchon
    mmebouchon Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    @mustb60 I can see quite a big difference! Congrats.

• mustb60
    Options
    mmebouchon wrote: »
    @mustb60 I can see quite a big difference! Congrats.

Thanks for motivating me! :)
  • Isca_1
    Isca_1 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    mustb60 - wow you can totally see a difference in the photos. Great job!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I see definition!!!

Oct 23, 2015
    4uo0uk4rs392.jpg

Mar 22, 2016
    f3a1un0m1crm.jpg

• canadianlbs
    Options
    oh wow. those rhomboids . . . those lats. and look at your waist!

that looks great. i love progress pics; thanks.
  • canadianlbs
    Options
    i really see a difference in your waistline and overall shape, if you know what i mean. and your posture in the side views - that's an incredible change.
  • mommabenefield
    mommabenefield Posts: 1,329 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    chi80f7m2p1t.jpeg
    Rfnr7c29p79gm.jpeg

Hello ladies, great! great! Job on all your hard work I am a very silent lurker around here. I've been on mfp for a long time and found i work best by not getting distracted by interactions in the forums so i just creep.
    But i bought a power rack back in september 15 with the main purpose of doing SL at home.
    Any way i have some weeks where I am on point and regular with work outs and others not so much, Ive been doing dietbets intermittently trying to get down to my goal weight so i can finally just focus on muscle.
    Well i just wanted to show some of my progress with some fellow lifters. Still a long way to go but these got me amped up to continue!
  • 5minty
    5minty Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    @mommabenefield Looking good! It is great to see yourself progress through photos :-)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

Hello ladies, great! great! Job on all your hard work I am a very silent lurker around here. I've been on mfp for a long time and found i work best by not getting distracted by interactions in the forums so i just creep.
    But i bought a power rack back in september 15 with the main purpose of doing SL at home.

Well i just wanted to show some of my progress with some fellow lifters. Still a long way to go but these got me amped up to continue!

You look awesome and I am super jealous that you have your own power rack!!!
  • mommabenefield
    Options
    5minty wrote: »
    @mommabenefield Looking good! It is great to see yourself progress through photos :-)

Thank you! I still feel really flabby all over so it was really exciting to see some progress :)

You look awesome and I am super jealous that you have your own power rack!!!
    Thank you! It took alot of fight to convince my husband to get one but we did :smile:
    I'm still waiting to see him use it though :wink:
  • canadianlbs
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Thank you! I still feel really flabby all over so it was really exciting to see some progress :)

oh, it definitely shows. you really have curves through the waistline - and you're just overall smaller too. really nice.
  • mommabenefield
    Options
    No new progress pics ladies?

I'm not ready to add new ones myself but I have lost inches and am still continuing with the programs my current lifts are:

Squat 125
    OH Press: 65
    Dead Lift: 145
    Bench: 70
    Row: 75
    This is the farthest I've gotten this round so I'm excited, in my previous go around I injured my knee so I didn't get very far...

I also do some lifting with a trainer friend of mine 1 day a week and we usually do squats + some other random lifting. Then I do cardio 3-4x a week because I'm learning to love it and I'm working towards getting in shape for a vacation next year. Plus I like to eat all the foodzzzzzz so it's nice to have the little extra calorie burn to balance me out. ;)
  • agbmom556
    agbmom556 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    DawnEmbers wrote: »
    Great pics there.

Finally got something pulled together from the wedding. I'll try to take pictures of just the shoes for everyone on my day off from work as the plain black is hard to see in the image. The first picture is me at my older stepsister's wedding just over 4 years ago (spring 2011). Second picture was a week ago at younger stepsister's wedding. Difference of a little over 70 lbs.

vp9qxh.jpg

So Amazing.
    Thank you for the encouragement.