Here's my update! Slow and Steady.
    http://imgur.com/0HtuWGT
    0HtuWGT
    http://imgur.com/lYSHjd2
    lYSHjd2

This is me today!
    vnBBsgM
    http://imgur.com/vnBBsgM

I think my abs are slowly trying to escape my layer of fat there. Hehe.

Edit: what? last time i checked i knew how to post photos... [ img ] url [ /img ] ??
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options

Edit: what? last time i checked i knew how to post photos... [ img ] url [ /img ] ??

are they in photobucket? there is a link to paste..?
  • DaniH826
    DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I tried it with the "direct link" option, and the pictures work but they're too big. Can you resize?
  • fishlover888
    Options
    Thanks for your help!!! I will try to resize and try again soon. Lord knows why the pictures are giant. Nobody needs to see that!
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    OK, Here we go!

I started losing weight on January 1, 2013. In the second week of January I found MFP and it has made ALL the difference for me. I have used the logging to make sure I am eating in a deficit. And in early February, at the suggestion of SideSteel in the Eat Train Progress group I started doing an actual published routine for my workouts.

I've lifted weights for about 15 years. About 9 years ago my life changed and I was really sick, diagnosed with fibromyalgia. The time since then has been spent figuring out what works for my new, fibromyalgia body. In the last 9 years I'd been lifting weights only sporadically. I'd hire a trainer and they would have me do workouts that would leave me completely wiped out and that gave me no results at all. I hated the gym instead of loving it.

When I started Stronglifts, that changed. I feel better now than I have in ages. I am astounded at how much better my knees are. I love the simplicity and the results.

A pic that a friend put up on Facebook that I found devastating at the time:

[img][/img]8708868934_83ff903985.jpg
    [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/63525169@N05/8708868934/

April 1:

[img][/img]8707746865_02b98024f7.jpg

May 1:

[img][/img]
    8708870242_0900929a77.jpg

Next month I'll put up some shots that hopefully will start showing some muscles!
  • lwoodroff
    Options
    Lookin great and not hiding behind the hair any more! :-)
  • kirabob
    kirabob Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Ges - Fabulous progress! You can really see how your body is changing!
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    Thank you both!! It was hard to share these, so it is nice to have positive feedback.
  • chunkmunk
    chunkmunk Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Holy Moly Ges, you are shrinking! Great work---and its wonderful to hear that you are FEELING better too!
  • tdml
    tdml Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You look great! That's amazing!
  • lwoodroff
    Options
    Tameko, happy for these to be amalgamated!

So... this is after (nearly) 8 weeks of stronglifts, but it was 4 April when the last lot of pics were taken so around 5 weeks between shots. I have to say I am amazed! This is also pretty much the -only- exercise I am doing, the odd 5 minutes on the bike or cross trainer but nothing else really... and grr I went through resizing all of these and saving over the originals on photobucket but it seems to ignore me. *sigh* sorry!

this one's just for a laugh, my daughter took it before we started!
    IMAG0370.jpg

side on not held in
    IMAG0373.jpg

front on not held in (NSV staring at the pics trying to work out the difference!)
    IMAG0371.jpg

side on held in
    IMAG0374.jpg

front on held in
    IMAG0372.jpg

arms..
    IMAG0375.jpg

and of course the bicep shot (although I can't see much difference tbh)...
    IMAG0376.jpg
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress lwoodroff!!!
  • kirabob
    kirabob Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    lwoodroff - living proof that you can eat all the food and still be rockin' hot and strong!
  • lwoodroff
    Options
    Lol and boy do I eat all the food!
  • melaniecmajors
    melaniecmajors Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hope these aren't huge!

2mthside_zps68ada2bf.jpg

front2mth_zps49cb709d.jpg

I gained 1.6lbs this past month, but lost 6" overall. Also according to Heybales spreadsheet, my body fat decreased 1.61%. Just further proof scales are stupid.

Thanks for posting your stats! I started the program two weeks ago and my weight has stalled and even gone up a little :/ I was worried so I took my measurements and I've already lost a 1/2 in in hips and 1/2 in in waist! I'm loving the program. I finish week 2 tonight :) Way to go on your progress....inspiring!

All y'all looking so good!
  • belle_of_the_bar
    belle_of_the_bar Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Ok, so you ladies are freaking awesome! I'm starting SL5x5 on Monday and you all just sold me. I'm so excited and proud of you all for your progress.
  • bimmer2331
    bimmer2331 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! how on earth did I miss this thread??? You ladies look so so awesome....beautiful....I am going to post some pics soon..I wish I had taken some before pics though....
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    I love love the pictures!! Well done everyone!:)
  • alittlemorewhit
    Options
    These results are awesome. I started lifting heavy a few months ago and have, after seeing what's out there, started the stronglift 5x5 routine. I have started a blog to keep myself accountable. My next blog post will reveal my body fat (getting it measured in a few days), discuss my diet plan and why i decided to keep doing stronglifts, and will show what will end up being my "before" pics. I haven't focused enough on progressing the weight I lift because I don't have the squat rack that I need at home so will probably get a gym membership so I can get the most out of my routine, from this day on. My blog is at muchmorewhit.com. Hope you check it out :)