Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• jeffd247
    jeffd247 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    W4D3 tonight. The jog felt really good. I shaved 18s off my pace today. I can't wait till next week to try to 20 minute run!
  • yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    W4D3 tonight. The jog felt really good. I shaved 18s off my pace today. I can't wait till next week to try to 20 minute run!

Lol ... not sure I've ever heard anyone saying they can't wait for W5D3, most (including me!) looked upon it with dread so good on you :bigsmile:
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Dont' know if everyone has seen Mark Remy's new article on Runners World, if not here it is:

http://www.runnersworld.com/fun/my-best-and-slowest-race-ever

Down right the cutiest running story every.

Way to go Bea! Great job!
  • micheles234
    micheles234 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I've just restarted the c25k. I was amazed with myself the first time around. Never saw myself running more than one minute at a time, but it never did get easy. I restarted in week 3, and finished day 2 yesterday. It was rough, I did w3d1 on my treadmill and then hit the trails for w3d2 and it was so much more difficult. I'll see how w3d3 goes tomorrow, I may want to repeat w3. Keep up the good work, all! Make today a healthy one, and feel free to send me a friend request :-)
  • sinca21
    sinca21 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Dont' know if everyone has seen Mark Remy's new article on Runners World, if not here it is:

http://www.runnersworld.com/fun/my-best-and-slowest-race-ever

Down right the cutiest running story every.

Way to go Bea! Great job!

What a great post! I loved that story. " Bea seemed to feed on the broken spirits of those we surged past." - too funny.

Speaking of the dreaded Week 5, Day 3, I just checked my calendar and I scheduled it for Halloween. Whoops. Looks like I'll be dressed as a runner when I take my boys trick or treating.
  • carolina822
    carolina822 Posts: 155 Member
    Options

I'm not 100% sure I'm ready to hop to week 4, but I felt that way about week 3 too, so maybe I should go for it and see how it goes.

I'm new around here, too and just slightly ahead of you in the program. I finished Week 4, Day 2 last night. I was nervous about week 4, too but just go for it. You might surprise yourself, either way you'll know. I just told myself, "I'm in training and this is what training is." I have to remember that since I've got Week 5 waiting for me.

I took your advice and went for it, and it went VERY well. One thing I did do is drive over to the rail trail so I would be on flat ground instead of my crazy hilly neighborhood. Seriously, if you'd told me a month ago that I actually would be running five whole minutes at a time, I would not have believed it.

Woot woot!
  • candiceh3
    candiceh3 Posts: 379
    Options
    W2S1 for me today. I am coming off a gastro bug so I thought I would be tired and lagging.

But... I managed the 5 min warm up walk, and the 6 90+90 run/walk intervals, plus another 4 intervals! I felt really strong.

Can I cheat and skip to W3S1?
  • mheebner
    mheebner Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    You could skip ahead but why don't you just continue doing what you are doing and add extra intervals to the end of your runs ? I never skipped sessions but I occasionally did extra run sessions if I felt good enough and had extra energy.
    Half the battle is building up your endurance
  • candiceh3
    Options
    You could skip ahead but why don't you just continue doing what you are doing and add extra intervals to the end of your runs ? I never skipped sessions but I occasionally did extra run sessions if I felt good enough and had extra energy.
    Half the battle is building up your endurance

OK - great idea. I'll work on endurance. I usually keep going until the interval component equals 5 km.

And thanks for your help.
  • sherrielynned1
    sherrielynned1 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Doing the couch to 10K ap and just finished week 4 day 2. Still a challenge and have to work for it. 5k this weekend and next with my sister who is rocking it!
  • Lupiemomma30
    Lupiemomma30 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I finished my first week today! It was a complete struggle due to my asthma, but I did it. I'm probably going to repeat a day on Monday and pray that I can do as well as I did today. If not, I'm going to keep repeating a day until I can at least get it right 2 sessions in a row. When that happens, I'll move on to the next week. I'm taking it slow. I just want to get through it correctly, not rush to get it done. I'm so excited! OH and I do the program MWF.
  • galipemi1
    galipemi1 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I just completed week 1 day 2 today. I was surprised at how ok it felt! Aside from some burning/tightness in my shins everything felt ok, including my breathing. The last time I thought I'd try this running thing, I was so discouraged by the leg pain/muscle fatigue and my breathing was all over the place - I got winded so fast it wasn't even funny. I'm actually looking forward to the jump into week 2 :)
  • candiceh3
    Options
    W2S2 done and dusted! I did what was suggested and dropped from 7 km/hr walks and 10 km/hr runs to 6.5 km/hr walks and 9 km/hr runs. It felt really comfortable.

How is everyone else?
  • carolina822
    carolina822 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Just finished week 4 session 2. I ran in my very hilly neighborhood instead of on the rail trail, so it was a bit tougher on the legs today, but it really wasn't too painful. The 3 minute sections flew by - last week they seemed SO long. lol
  • galipemi1
    galipemi1 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Week 1 Day 3 complete. Wasn't my best, but I accidentally ran 90 seconds instead of 60 (and could do it!) right at the start and my shins were burning through most of the run/walk cycle. I tried to stretch out good today and tomorrow I'm trying yoga so hopefully I'll be ready to go for week 2 :)
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    back in the game tonight now that my burn has heeled (pun intended)

going to redo week 4 since ive done no running for a week.
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    This morning I did W1D1 and I'm feeling good. Also went ahead and walked also another half hr so I could get in a 5k. I started once before but I was doing too much between Zumba and starting t25, I had give one up. Now I would like to see what I can do with this :smile:
  • sinca21
    sinca21 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Week 5, Day 1 in the books and I was shocked at how well I managed. All five minute jogs and I did it! I was bracing myself for a bad run because I was really sore from walking 3 hilly miles the day before but the warm up walk helped me loosen up. I'm so excited by the progress Ive made in a short time. Carolina, I'm so glad Week 4 is going well for you!
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    back from my injury and i decided to redo week 4, probably didnt have to tho, smashed my prev week 4 pb without really pushing it. might just do one more week 4 and start week 5 fresh next week.
  • yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    You're all do so well!

When I was doing C25K every increase felt like some epic event but you're all just out there ticking off the intervals lol