Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Did the old lady know you were starting? Maybe she was a runner too and just wants to make sure you are safe on the roads. I think that would make me want to run even more in that area. That is one cool story!

Congrats on the new week!
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    i don't and have never believed in ghosts, but i LOVE this story. So there is an old dead lady jogging along with you, that's cool. lol. But i think someone is just f*cking with you. idk, keep us updated though.

And on a personal c25k update, i just finished w1d2! i'm a newbie, but today was MUCH better than day 1. I actually was able to keep up with all 8 intervals. Day 1, i couldn't. looking forward to w1d3, and possibly signing up for a 5k that is coming up (dec. 7). even though I'd only be finishing up w5, id still like to give it a try. gonna think about it for a few days. happy running all.
  • jeffd247
    jeffd247 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    has there been confirmation that she actually died?

No.

I decided that I didn't care and took my walk last night. Still no lights or activity at the house.

My wife just made a bunch of little loafs of pumkin bread, so I'm thinking of taking some to her house on Saturday. I figure is she is alive, it will be a nice thing to do and if she isn't perhaps my offering will appease her.

xD

Anywhoo... W6D3 tonight and I'm nerbus again about the challenge. I know I can do it, it's just going to be hard.
  • sinca21
    sinca21 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Finished Week 6, Day 2 last night but my pace was slower and I was kind of bummed out. I know it's because I just started a boot camp on Monday and I'm still extremely sore from that, so I need to not be down on myself. BUT STILL. Anyway, I got through it relatively easy and the run actually did help ease my soreness so that's good. That was the last interval run on my app so I kind of feel like a kid losing her training wheels. All running from here on out. I've chosen my 5K and it will be on December 7th!
  • jeffd247
    Options
    W6D3 done tonight.

No paranormal activity to report.
  • galipemi1
    galipemi1 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    So, I should have started Week 3 yesterday. But, I came down with a nasty sinus infection so that got put off. I'm hoping that I'll be ok to start up again tomorrow but in the even that I have to wait for the weekend or later, would you repeat another day of Week 2 or go into Week 3 as planned?
  • candiceh3
    Options
    So, I should have started Week 3 yesterday. But, I came down with a nasty sinus infection so that got put off. I'm hoping that I'll be ok to start up again tomorrow but in the even that I have to wait for the weekend or later, would you repeat another day of Week 2 or go into Week 3 as planned?

I've got a sinus infection too. I didn't stop exercising... I just replaced c25k with long power walks. I just can't breath well enough to run.

So I'll do this until I'm better and repeat the last week. There is no rush :)
  • LunaInverse
    LunaInverse Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I am ready to start week 3, however upon completion of week 2 I got sick so decided to redo week 2 to make sure week 3 wouldn't kill me lol I'm kind of afraid to start as I have never run that much before....
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    I finished up Week 5 today. It's just in time for my son's school running group's next 5K on Saturday too. I'm feeling really happy about it and figuring to use the Week 6, Day 1 schedule to run the whole thing. This will be my first 5K since starting the C25K program but its our second run of this school year and the 7th run we'll be doing together since he started running at his school last year.
  • carolina822
    carolina822 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Did week 5 day 2 today. I went biking yesterday so my legs were tired even before I started, but I made it! The second 8 min interval was actually a lot easier than the first - I guess it's a matter of getting good and warmed up.

I'm a little scared of the 20 minutes I'm supposed to do on Saturday but I've managed to make it through all of the workouts so far, so I guess I just have to trust the process.
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    i also did w5d2 last night. wasnt after biking but it was my kids birthday so had been doing a bit of running around due to that. the biggest thing for me tho was that it was raining. in the past i would have talked myself out of going because of that but this time i got out there and low and behold it wasnt that bad.

pace wasnt as high as the 3min and 5min intervals of the past, but i put that too a long day plus a big dinner and birthday cake sitting in the guts, as well as the rain.

i might re-evaluate my goals to 7min/km for the 20min run tho. i dont think i could hold 6:40/km for 20 minutes at this stage.
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Week 1 in the books!!! I feel great, looking forward to week 2 and the challenge that comes along with.
  • sinca21
    sinca21 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Finished Week 6 last night! Two more weeks? I can't even believe I'm this close to done.
  • jeffd247
    Options
    W7D1 done tonight.

No paranormal activity to report.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    blerch_cosplay.gif
  • carolina822
    carolina822 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Done with week 5. I was thisclose to waiting until tomorrow because I was really tired from a bike ride and a hike yesterday, but I managed to power through 20 straight minutes (at a blazing 4.5 miles per hour!) and I'm really glad I got up and got it done. I truly cannot believe I just did that.

Two weeks until my first 5k race in 15 years. I think I might actually be able to do it!
  • New2run88
    New2run88 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    W1D1 down, many weeks to go. I enjoyed it though.
  • Slrajr
    Slrajr Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    W1D1 down, many weeks to go. I enjoyed it though.

Fantastic! Especially the enjoying it part:flowerforyou:
  • Slrajr
    Slrajr Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Done with week 5. I was thisclose to waiting until tomorrow because I was really tired from a bike ride and a hike yesterday, but I managed to power through 20 straight minutes (at a blazing 4.5 miles per hour!) and I'm really glad I got up and got it done. I truly cannot believe I just did that.

Two weeks until my first 5k race in 15 years. I think I might actually be able to do it!

Some of the best runs are those where you really don't feel like it and think of canceling but then go ahead and do it anyway:)
  • TheMojoMissy
    TheMojoMissy Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Today was W1, D2 & I'm battling a sinus infection. I was supposed to do a 5k this a.m. but skipped, due to feeling crummy. Still, I went to the gym & started D2. After my 2nd interval, I was exhausted & felt a pinch in my knee. I jumped off the treadmill & was about to head home when I realized that if I quit, it'd be like every other thing in my life. So, I switched to a different treadmill, slowed down the pace & just finished. It was ugly, painful and slow. But I finished. That's gotta count for something.