Replies

• SquishyLaughter
    SquishyLaughter Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    W5D3. I kicked butt this morning.
  • Jdoster06
    Jdoster06 Posts: 55
    Options
    Was looking at a different plan on runners world. So after running 1.5 on Wednesday I tried following it again and going two miles today. I went two miles in 20:02. Feeling bad about not doing the c25k workouts tho so I will finish week 4 tomorrow morning
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    W6D3 completed!!!!!!! I can't believe I have gotten to the point where I can run non-stop for over 20 minutes and I don't need a break!!!! :happy: :happy: Between my walking to/from work and my training run tonight, I walked/ran over 10k today.

Yesterday I did my JM workout for the first time in a couple of months. I thought that I would feel it in the morning, but I didn't. Well now that I did my run, my legs are feeling those squats and lunges!!! :tongue: I'm actually standing as a type this and doing some stretches at the same time.
  • weightliftingdiva
    weightliftingdiva Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    This thread is so inspirational.... About to do Week1Day3. :)
  • Jdoster06
    Jdoster06 Posts: 55
    Options
    Had been doing other running related things since Monday, so today decided to do wednesday and Fridays workout. Did fine, went about 4 miles so felt pretty awesome. Also got a bike today so the rest days can be fun
  • angf0679
    Options
    W7D1 completed!!!! This morning I stayed close to home and did my run. The run I did does NOT give me street lights. I activated my RunKeeper (I used it to give me my distance, pace and calories since the C25K app doesn't) By doing that I was better able to track my distance. I ran just a shade under 4k in 25 minutes!!! I was so excited about that, that I had tears in my eyes when I finished. I know I could have probably kept going and did a full 5k, but I wanted to stick with the program I am using. I am so ready for that 5k!
  • DamieAnne
    DamieAnne Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I've just done W8D1...looking forward to running outside this week if the storms clear :)
  • rollinat
    rollinat Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Just done W2D1. Had to walk briskly for the last interval but managed it otherwise. I didn't go out til 8:30 and it was a bit too hot for my liking, it's definitely worth getting up early and getting it done when it's cool. This week will be a challenge as I am going away for a few days and will be tired and busy, but I really want to stick at it.
  • kristinwesterfield
    kristinwesterfield Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Week 6, day 3 complete! This whole week was a struggle both with the actual workouts and trying to fit them in, so so proud to be done. Week 7, here I come!
  • PennyHartz
    PennyHartz Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    This morning I attempted W3D1, and mostly completed it. I did have to take a 20ish second walk break during the last 3 minute interval because I just could not catch my breath no matter how much I slowed down. When that happens to you early in a week, do you repeat that day until you are able to complete it as prescribed, and then finish out the week? Or do you move on to the next day, and only repeat if you are not able to complete it by the end of the week?
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    This morning I attempted W3D1, and mostly completed it. I did have to take a 20ish second walk break during the last 3 minute interval because I just could not catch my breath no matter how much I slowed down. When that happens to you early in a week, do you repeat that day until you are able to complete it as prescribed, and then finish out the week? Or do you move on to the next day, and only repeat if you are not able to complete it by the end of the week?

I would move on, slowing down in the first runs to make sure you have enough left for the last one.
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options

I would move on, slowing down in the first runs to make sure you have enough left for the last one.

Yep, move on and slow down a little.

I didn't repeat a week/day, but my indicators to repeat one was not completing all 3 runs for the week as programmed, or an absolute and total failure like bombing on the first run & never even trying the next.
  • DamieAnne
    Options
    W8D2 done :) Doing these runs is always a good start to the day!
  • angf0679
    Options
    W7D2 is done! I've found that running in the morning is so much nicer. It's much cooler then in the evening. Also the route I run when I go in the morning is different and there are no street lights to stop me! :tongue:

Question: Does anyone have problem with blisters? I keep getting them on my toes. (Mostly the two right after my big toe.) I was fitted for sneakers and got them in a size up from what I normally wear. I did some searching on line about blisters and running and one thing it suggested was doubling up socks. I did that on Sunday's run and today's run, and I still got a blister today. :frown: Does anyone have any suggestions of what else I can do to prevent them? I can't really afford another pair! (To give a little more, I normally wear a size 6, and these are a 7. I didn't have the problem when I started, but of course I was do mostly walking then, and now it's all running with just a warm up and cool down walk. When I was fitted I was told I had a skiers foot.)
  • angf0679
    Options
    W8D2 done :) Doing these runs is always a good start to the day!

I fully agree!! It IS a great start to the day!!!
  • DamieAnne
    Options
    W7D2 is done! I've found that running in the morning is so much nicer. It's much cooler then in the evening. Also the route I run when I go in the morning is different and there are no street lights to stop me! :tongue:

Question: Does anyone have problem with blisters? I keep getting them on my toes. (Mostly the two right after my big toe.) I was fitted for sneakers and got them in a size up from what I normally wear. I did some searching on line about blisters and running and one thing it suggested was doubling up socks. I did that on Sunday's run and today's run, and I still got a blister today. :frown: Does anyone have any suggestions of what else I can do to prevent them? I can't really afford another pair! (To give a little more, I normally wear a size 6, and these are a 7. I didn't have the problem when I started, but of course I was do mostly walking then, and now it's all running with just a warm up and cool down walk. When I was fitted I was told I had a skiers foot.)

I've heard of blister-proof socks, but i've not got any myself. I get my exercise clothes from Sweaty Betty (just love the name haha!), and they sell blister socks...but they're like £12 a pair!! I will only be buying those if i get into longer distance running (like 10k+).

I do think blisters are fully sorted by the right kind of shoe, but i understand its hard finding shoes. You may need to do some shorter runs or more walking in your shoes to get them used to your feet so they're not rubbing so much, or do what i do, and put plasters on my feet where i expect them to rub - doesn't always prevent it, but it makes it less painful.
  • Just_Ceci
    Options

I have had problems with blisters. So far the thing that works best for me is slathering the area that blisters with Vaseline and wearing a very thin pair of socks under my running socks.
  • angf0679
    Options
    I do think blisters are fully sorted by the right kind of shoe, but i understand its hard finding shoes. You may need to do some shorter runs or more walking in your shoes to get them used to your feet so they're not rubbing so much, or do what i do, and put plasters on my feet where i expect them to rub - doesn't always prevent it, but it makes it less painful.

I'm pretty sure my feet should be used to my shoes by now. I've had them for just over 2 months now. The problem didn't start until I started doing the longer runs in the training. I can't shorten my runs as I am getting for a 5k. I have heard of socks that would help, but I'm hoping for a more affordable solution!
  • Just_Ceci
    Options

I'm pretty sure my feet should be used to my shoes by now. I've had them for just over 2 months now. The problem didn't start until I started doing the longer runs in the training. I can't shorten my runs as I am getting for a 5k. I have heard of socks that would help, but I'm hoping for a more affordable solution!

Vaseline
  • rollinat
    rollinat Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I did W2D2 this morning. My route is slightly uphill on the way back and I am finding that quite hard. I slow down on those intervals but have ended up walking for part of them. I will be running on a treadmill on Friday so I wonder what, if any, difference that will make. At the moment I think I might have to repeat week 2. Will see how I get on on Friday. It's still a good way to start my day!