Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• kmariet7
    kmariet7 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Week 5 day 2 completed yesterday! Because of my schedule and working at home with daycare I ran back and forth in my backyard playground.... No hills but lots of rubber mulch :) I was thrilled when I ran the 8 min straight! I haven't done that in almost 20 years!
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    W8D1 completed!!! I had to do a 28 minute run this morning. In that 28 minutes I put in 4.25k at an average page of 7min 6sec per km!!! :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • AmyBettenh
    AmyBettenh Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I was on w6d3 (22 minutes straight) today, and this is the first time I have fallen short of the goal. I could blame it on poor hydration, not enough sleep, feeling a bit queasy, or the fact that I was missing my normal running partner, but the truth is that my pride took me down!

I dropped off my oldest son for a boy scout hike this morning before heading to my normal running spot. I was about halfway through my run l when I noticed a large group of boys heading towards me... Of course, it was the hiking group, and I was going to be passing them again on my way back. No problem except that when I caught up to them, it was at the bottom of the biggest hill on my route. Now, normally, I would just slow way down so I could finish my run successfully. But as soon as I caught up with them, the scout master began good-naturedly teasing my son about his mommy. I was sweating like crazy, huffing and puffing, and felt like I was about to die, but I couldn't bring myself to slow down (which would have put me at the pace of their walk). Instead, I blew past them and as soon as I got out of their view, ended up having to walk about three minutes before running the last four minutes. :P I've been kicking myself the rest of the morning, and now I'm going to have to repeat. Sigh.
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Week 5 day 2 completed yesterday! Because of my schedule and working at home with daycare I ran back and forth in my backyard playground.... No hills but lots of rubber mulch :) I was thrilled when I ran the 8 min straight! I haven't done that in almost 20 years!
    Nice job :)
    I was on w6d3 (22 minutes straight) today, and this is the first time I have fallen short of the goal. I could blame it on poor hydration, not enough sleep, feeling a bit queasy, or the fact that I was missing my normal running partner, but the truth is that my pride took me down!

I dropped off my oldest son for a boy scout hike this morning before heading to my normal running spot. I was about halfway through my run l when I noticed a large group of boys heading towards me... Of course, it was the hiking group, and I was going to be passing them again on my way back. No problem except that when I caught up to them, it was at the bottom of the biggest hill on my route. Now, normally, I would just slow way down so I could finish my run successfully. But as soon as I caught up with them, the scout master began good-naturedly teasing my son about his mommy. I was sweating like crazy, huffing and puffing, and felt like I was about to die, but I couldn't bring myself to slow down (which would have put me at the pace of their walk). Instead, I blew past them and as soon as I got out of their view, ended up having to walk about three minutes before running the last four minutes. :P I've been kicking myself the rest of the morning, and now I'm going to have to repeat. Sigh.
    Hi Amy, I think these things may happen to all of us at some point. Now that you've made a decision to re-take this day, maybe just stop kicking yourself already? It happens, we make silly decisions sometimes, we correct them as best we can, learn from them and move on. Be kind to yourself, the brain responds best to positive encouragement.
  • laurennichole529
    laurennichole529 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Week 6 Day 3 done with a killer hill during the last 3 minutes! I was incredibly slow, but I did it!
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options

Personally I would not sweat it. I would not repeat W6D3, I would do W7D1 as per your normal routine and see how it goes. If W7D1 does not go well then repeat it but you will go through W6D3 (22 mins vs 25 mins) to get there
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options

No harm in doing s repeat session, and it may be useful for you to complete it to demonstrate to yourself that you can. From your description it sounds like your diagnosis is appropriate. We've all been there...

No harm done.
  • AmyBettenh
    AmyBettenh Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement! I'm just laughing about it now and will tackle it again next week:smile:
  • rollinat
    rollinat Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Well I was supposed to do W2D3 yesterday but I was traveling and had had a very busy few days, so I wimped out. I think I will start week 2 again next week. On the plus side, I had a great time while I was away - university orientation for a distance education Master's program I am about to start. Met all my classmates and some of the professors. I knew learning to run was going to take me a while, and I know I will start again on Monday. Life is exciting just now!
  • Jdoster06
    Jdoster06 Posts: 55
    Options
    Haven't checked in for a week, but I completed week five today. I'm trying to exceed what they were asking for. On d3 today, I ran for 2.5 miles, in 27 minutes, slow but fairly steady. I feel like I will improve as the weeks continue. Getting ready to sign up for first 5k in September
  • angf0679
    Options
    For running in the rain, do you wear hats or anything? I need to learn to run in the rain (I hate getting wet which is why I haven't yet) This is the perfect week to do. I only have 2 days left on my C25K app and I am determined to finish if before the end of the month, which is Thursday. I can't really wait this week for a nice day to run, since it's giving rain for every day this week!
  • ftrobbie
    Options
    I detest things around my head, so unless it is absolutely pouring down I do not wear anything on my head. If it is that bad I don't go out. I am not being paid to do it, so see no point in making myself suffer for some arbitrary goal. For the rest of my body, I might use a light cagoule, but in reality I am balancing getting wet from rain or wet from perspiration, I prefer the rain so it really becomes an experience call as to how wet I am going to get. However I am an ex rugby player so have got used to playing in all sorts of conditions. YMMV. Good luck and hope to see your name on the graduation thread soon.
  • ftrobbie
    Options
    W7D2 complete, felt tired after the weekend, too much enjoying myself with friends and family. However after 5 min warm up and 7 mins of running the endorphins start to kick in and I zone out. Getting faster without trying, still relatively slow though. Next planned time, Wednesday.
  • angf0679
    Options
    W8D2 completed!!! The rain actually held off until I only had 1 minute left in my cool down walk. It actually felt a little refreshing!

I can't believe I only have one day left! This has been so easy!
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    For running in the rain, do you wear hats or anything?

Just get wet really.
  • SquishyLaughter
    SquishyLaughter Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    W7D1. I feel like this run kicked my butt, and at the same time, I feel fantastic, and I am starting to really consider myself a runner now. Whoohoo!
  • DamieAnne
    DamieAnne Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Ran my first day of week 9 today - finally a whole 30 minutes..!
  • ftrobbie
    Options

Congratulations, because you did not mention the dreaded distance, are you going to run faster or longer to get to the magic distance? Well done again though on running 30 mins, fantastic achievement.
  • DamieAnne
    DamieAnne Posts: 103 Member
    Options

Congratulations, because you did not mention the dreaded distance, are you going to run faster or longer to get to the magic distance? Well done again though on running 30 mins, fantastic achievement.

Definitely longer to start with. I'm currently doing 4.5mph on my running, so I would like to be able to run for the 40-45 mins before I up the pace...but we will see!

And thanks! Pretty proud of myself :happy:
  • BabySput
    BabySput Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Finished W1D1 Yesterday evening......at 176 pounds,i didnt think id finish and be only 46metres behind! Ive nevrr ever ran before....am thrilled with C25K!!!