Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• fit4life_73
    fit4life_73 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    krichard08 wrote: »
    W6D3 tonight. I'm not gonna lie. I'm a little intimidated by the 22 minute run interval. (i am doing the Zenlabs C25K program)
    I feel the same way about these long runs. I just try to focus on other things.

• klmnumbers
    klmnumbers Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    woke up and did W1D2. So tough getting back into jogging when all I do is... walk normally.
  • cazbit
    cazbit Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Week 2 Day 3 done. Got to admit I'm kinda scared about week three!!
  • rebeccatherine
    rebeccatherine Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    W2D1 done. Out of the 6 running intervals, the 4th interval was the hardest for me. It was odd.
    Now I just have to do this run 2 more times... I know I can!
  • Knyvern
    Knyvern Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    W3D2 done - Well a modified version of it. I did a local 5k this morning that is a benefit for my town's police and fire department. I walked all the uphill portions and did a 3 minute super slow jog/2 minute walk repetition on the rest of it. My goal was to finish in under an hour and I finished in 49:42. I am happy with myself. :smile:

• loratliff
    loratliff Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! Now that I know I can do it there is no excuse not to finish the rest of the program :) It was a huge mental block I considered just stopping all together.

My long runs are 10-12 miles now, and I STILL think that week 5 of C25K was, mentally, the toughest obstacle I've encountered as a runner. Just remember that. Now you can DO anything.
  • kramrn77
    kramrn77 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    W3D2 done - Well a modified version of it. I did a local 5k this morning that is a benefit for my town's police and fire department. I walked all the uphill portions and did a 3 minute super slow jog/2 minute walk repetition on the rest of it. My goal was to finish in under an hour and I finished in 49:42. I am happy with myself. :smile:

That was about my first 5k time. Good job!
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    loratliff wrote: »
    Thanks guys! Now that I know I can do it there is no excuse not to finish the rest of the program :) It was a huge mental block I considered just stopping all together.

My long runs are 10-12 miles now, and I STILL think that week 5 of C25K was, mentally, the toughest obstacle I've encountered as a runner. Just remember that. Now you can DO anything.

This is so true, 10 months on from this I have done 3HMs but I remember W5D3 and the first true 5km as the 2 defining moments in my running career so far. It is so pleasurable to see how you all are embracing and working through the programme, whether you are graduating or just starting.

I talk at work about how scared I was to run 2.5km away from home to do my first 5km. 5km is now a tapering run for half marathons these days. You are all doing great and long may it continue. Great work and good luck on your individual journeys

• kramrn77
    kramrn77 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    W3d1 down and over. And that was not the best run ever, but it's done and over and on to the next. It ended up totaling 3 miles because I was really slow today and I got dumped a full mile from my parents house
  • tslawson3
    tslawson3 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    W4D2 is done! The last minute was difficult but I pushed through.
  • rajnigandha21
    rajnigandha21 Posts: 121 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    W5D1 done. Ran on the harder surface i.e. Driveway of our apartment and speed was 12 min per mile. Slower but finished it without stopping. Satisfied.
  • moonstone82
    moonstone82 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi all I new here just download the C25k yesterday. My userly work out is a 10km walk witch I can do in 2 1/2 hours userly. I looking forwared to my speed increase. I wandering those sine my boby is can do the 2 1/2 hour work out and still have tunes off energy if I should do the 1w1d and the finish what ever left off my 10k. What do you experience runner thank?
  • maggiekat7
    maggiekat7 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    @KRPolo : you did it! congrats!

i did my first run of week 8 today. it felt wonderful and coincidentally i made my best time yet! i switched my endomondo app from imperial to metric finally, so i wasn't familiar with the pace as it was being announced and just went with what felt comfortable and natural (4.39 km in 28m:32s). i have a question about running form that i'll post in a different thread. would love to hear your feedback!
  • SuperMelanie
    SuperMelanie Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    LLduds wrote: »
    Week 5/Day 3 done!!!! I had no idea I could run for 20 minutes without stopping!!! Crazy. It really does all come down to mind over matter. As long as I cleared my mind and focused on my music and the scenery, it was far more do-able! Great way to start the weekend!!

I understand exactly what you mean! My mind tends to wander to thinking about my day, what I'd like to do tomorrow, songs lyrics etc. and before I know it I've nearly completed the run.

Well done on completing week 5 :) - it's a major hurdle for some. If you can do 20 minutes, 30 minutes is possible.. then an hour...2 hours...

• SuperMelanie
    Options
    @cazbit - each new weeks looks daunting- but keep believing in yourself! You're doing it!
  • SuperMelanie
    Options
    @rebeccatherine - Of course you can do it! You've done it once, you can do it again :)
    @scoutmomof8 - Congratulations on completing a 5K, when you're less than 4 weeks into the C25K programme! And coming in under 50 minutes :) *sounds of cheering and whooping*
  • KRPolo
    KRPolo Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Just finished my first 5k in 22 years! I didn't run the entire thing- I am at a conference at a ski resort and their 5k was two loops of a downhill then very long uphill course. I ran all of the flat and downhill but had to walk about half of the up hill. Finished in 46 minutes and far behind everyone else, but hey I finished!!

Keep up all of the hard work everyone! Hope you will all come on over to the 10k forum as you finish!
  • SuperMelanie
    Options
    @maggiekat7- I'm at the same point as you in the programme- Week 8- but tend to do my runs in the evening which means you are ahead of me, albeit only by a few hours. I LOVE reading your posts, they are an endless source of inspiration <3 You are so much quicker than me- I hope that if I keep pushing myself I will one day be able to keep up with you.

Week 8 Day 1 today- managed 30 minutes straight :smiley: looks like I managed 4.4 km. I can't believe I'm getting so close to actually doing 5K!

Advice needed- should I work on improving my speed, or just try to run for a little longer- maybe 40 minutes. I feel I am running as hard as I can. Any harder and I don't think I could maintain it for longer than about 5 minutes, yet at the "speed" I run I think I could manage 40 minutes. What do the proper runners think?!
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options

Advice needed- should I work on improving my speed, or just try to run for a little longer- maybe 40 minutes. I feel I am running as hard as I can. Any harder and I don't think I could maintain it for longer than about 5 minutes, yet at the "speed" I run I think I could manage 40 minutes. What do the proper runners think?!

Run for longer, as you spend more time on your feet your speed will increase as your fitness improves further. Keep at it, it took me another 6 weeks, post c25k, to get my 5k under 30 mins, basically the end of bridge to 10k. Good luck on the remainder of your journey.

• fit4life_73
    fit4life_73 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    KRPolo wrote: »
    Just finished my first 5k in 22 years! I didn't run the entire thing- I am at a conference at a ski resort and their 5k was two loops of a downhill then very long uphill course. I ran all of the flat and downhill but had to walk about half of the up hill. Finished in 46 minutes and far behind everyone else, but hey I finished!!

Keep up all of the hard work everyone! Hope you will all come on over to the 10k forum as you finish!

Great job! Sounds like an interesting course. Way to plan your strategy on how to conquer the hills.