Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• Somebody_Loved
    Somebody_Loved Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    @JSC145 - Amazing job!

I completed w5d1 today. I had to use the treadmill today but will be outside for w5d2 on Wednesday. I'm a little nervous that my 5k is so soon (August 19) but I'm really enjoying my runs and know I can do it when the time comes. Also shouldn't have looked ahead - w5d3 looks scary!
  • rebeccatherine
    rebeccatherine Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I did W5D1 today, too - went okay. Kinda worried about the rest of the week.
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Trust the programme, slow down if you need too. This is all now in your head. Your body can do it, it's your mind that is the weak link!!
  • angie_momof3
    angie_momof3 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I just finished W5D1 and it felt so easy! I was pretty sure I could have run longer and I guess I'll know if I can on day 2!
  • fearnsey71
    fearnsey71 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    did w3d1 yesterday, found the 2nd 3 minute run a bit harder than I thought I would, but I've put that down to not doing any exercises since last thursday. Still managed to do another 30 minutes walking after the program. This seems to be working for me. I increase the incline on the tread to 4 and the speed to between 4.5 and 5.5 for alternate songs on my phone.
  • JasmijnRF
    JasmijnRF Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    W5D1 done and it went really well. I ran into these guys, so cool. 9y9zclonudmw.jpg
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    w4d2
    it wasn't as hard as I thought. it was hard and I was a sheet of sweat but not too bad
  • cazbit
    cazbit Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Week 5 day 3 done. 20 minute run. 20 minutes. Really, mi did that!!! oh my god! I'm totally shocked that I managed that!!!!
  • a_manda
    a_manda Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I got fitted for running shoes today. Ended up going with the Brooks Revenna 6 over the ascis because they just felt more comfortable. I'm excited to try them out tomorrow for W2D2.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    cazbit wrote: »
    Week 5 day 3 done. 20 minute run. 20 minutes. Really, mi did that!!! oh my god! I'm totally shocked that I managed that!!!!
    <3
  • Somebody_Loved
    Options

Great job! I'm scheduled for w5d3 this Friday - hope to be posting something similar!
  • ftrobbie
    Options
    @cazbit well done

@Somebody_Loved , wrong mindset, don't hope to post something on Friday, know you are going to post a successful run on here on Friday. You are allowing your mind to bully your body 3 days out. Have fun.
  • rajnigandha21
    rajnigandha21 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    W7D1 done. Upgraded by 5 minutes and ran 30 minutes straight. Even after 14 days gap my body did not forget how to run!! :D:D
  • fearnsey71
    fearnsey71 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Well, I've taken the advice and registered for a 5k in November. Can't wait.
  • a_manda
    a_manda Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    W2D2 done. It felt harder than W2D1.... not sure if it was all in my head or not. I did have to slow it down a bit. I got fitted for running shoes yesterday and today was my first run with them. It felt great. Much more balanced than my old sneakers. Can't wait till Friday so I can share how I have completed W2!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    rest day. 1 mile/12min yay
  • klmnumbers
    klmnumbers Posts: 213 Member
    Options

congrats! w5d3 is this saturday for me... I'm nervous!
  • klmnumbers
    klmnumbers Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    just got back from w5d2. 8 minutes was tough the second time around.
  • Somebody_Loved
    Options
    @ftrobbie - Very good feedback, you're right. I WILL be posting a successful update come Friday. Thanks!
  • ftrobbie
    Options
    @ftrobbie - Very good feedback, you're right. I WILL be posting a successful update come Friday. Thanks!

Well done, I look forward to reading about it too!!