Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• fearnsey71
    fearnsey71 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Completed week 3 last night. Then delayed my warm down to see if the 5 minutes in week 4 was doable. Did 6 minutes and only had to stop because the gym was closing in 10 minutes and I needed the warm down and stretch time.

The great support and advice on this board is one of the biggest factors in helping me feel like I'm going to flipping nail this

(Ps is it daft that I'm thinking London Marathon in 2017)
  • JasmijnRF
    JasmijnRF Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Finished W5D2 today. The second 8 minute interval wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, and I felt pretty good when it was all over! I'm now both nervous AND excited to do the end of week 5 on Saturday.

I will do mine on sunday and I am already quite scared of the 20 minute run. Good luck to you today! Let us know how it went!

• JasmijnRF
    Options
    Just rocked w5d3! I ran it inside and it felt great. I'm going to do a light run outside tomorrow to keep up on my outdoor running.

As a side note, it's amazing what good fitting workout clothes and shoes can do. I just splurged on new shoes/clothes and my run was so much more enjoyable not having to pull up my pants and fuss with my t-shirts.

Great job! Good to hear. And you are so right about good fitting clothes and shoes. Difference of night and day.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    Ugh. Too hot and humid to run. Even the dog was happy to get home. Rest day. Tomorrow I'll try to do w5d2. Maybe it will rain. A nice gentle rain to cool me off
  • klmnumbers
    klmnumbers Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Well I did w5D3, and I kinda can't believe I jogged 20 mins straight. It was inside, though (raining all week). So, I want to try and make sure I do week 6 outside again..
  • rebeccatherine
    rebeccatherine Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Did W5D3! Some of the slowest running I have ever done, but I actually did it. Now I just wish I had someone around to high five.
  • klmnumbers
    Options
    Did W5D3! Some of the slowest running I have ever done, but I actually did it. Now I just wish I had someone around to high five.

I'll internet high five you since I did the same this morning =D
  • Somebody_Loved
    Somebody_Loved Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    @klmnumbers - Good job! I had to run it inside, also, so I'm going to get outside today to be sure keep up with it.

@rebeccatherine - **high five** Great job!
  • cazbit
    cazbit Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    klmnumbers wrote: »
    Well I did w5D3, and I kinda can't believe I jogged 20 mins straight. It was inside, though (raining all week). So, I want to try and make sure I do week 6 outside again..

Yay!!! Well done!
  • cazbit
    Options
    Week 6 day 3 done.

Def can see the end in sight and after getting over the mental block of not believing I could run for 20 minutes straight, I now feel like completing this programme might actually be achievable for me!
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    If you put in the time on this programme, you will get to run for 30 minutes at the end (assuming you are doing the time version). Running the programme, means that for almost everyone, doing 30 mins is a mind game. You can all do it, if you trust the programme, don't let your mind double guess what your body can do.
  • JasmijnRF
    Options
    Another week 5 day 3 survivor! :)
  • Knyvern
    Knyvern Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    @fearnsey71 You are not daft at all. The 2017 London Marathon is an excellent attainable goal.
    @Somebody_Loved , @klmnumbers , @rebeccatherine , and @JasmijnRF congrats on making it through week 5. High fives all around.

Completed W6D3- was feeling good so ran an extra 5 minutes. I am super slow and usually run a 17-18 minute mile pace but ran a mile in 16 today. :smiley:
  • cazbit
    Options
    JasmijnRF wrote: »
    Another week 5 day 3 survivor! :)

That's fantastic. Well done!!!
  • Somebody_Loved
    Options
    @JasmijnRF - Awesome!

@cazbit @scoutmomof8 - Congrats on finishing week 6! So amazing to see how much the body can handle from week 1 to the further weeks.

I did an outside run yesterday and was surprised by how far I could go. I did the w5d2 workout and although it was hard, I was able to maintain the same pace I run inside which was a pleasant surprise. Start of week 6 tomorrow!
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    fearnsey71 wrote: »
    (Ps is it daft that I'm thinking London Marathon in 2017)

There was a bloke running the trail marathon that I marshaled at a couple of weeks ago in Dorset who must have been in the order of 17-18 stone, possibly more. He completed in 8:30, and when I saw him at the 21 mile aid station he was hanging on more by willpower than anything else.

Given that London is flat he could easily have knocked an hour, possibly 90 minutes off his time. So given your weight loss already then 2017 is achievable.

That said, for London you probably needed to start applying 5 years ago...

From a personal perspective, London doesn't appeal, but get some 10Ks and HMs under your belt and see what style of race you prefer.
  • birtley15
    birtley15 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I just completed W5D3. I had planned to run outside but because of a rain storm I took to the treadmill. I don't know where I pulled it from but I completed the full 20 minutes without stopping! It was hard and I was slow but I did it. It definitely gave me some more confidence that I will be able to complete the 5K I signed up for in mid-August. Hopefully the weather gets better and I can get back to running outside!
  • Somebody_Loved
    Options
    @birtley15 - Great job! I'm also running a 5k in mid-August and w5d3 definitely gave me more confidence for it, too. We're on our way!
  • lolaloveszumba
    lolaloveszumba Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Just started C25K today after too long of not working out enough, or working out erratically. I did it after using the 7 minute workout app for strength/ circuit (which I've been doing for about a week now). I did it on my treadmill, which is safer for me than the 92 degree heat, but when I run outside, I end up with significantly more distance. I did 3 mph for the walking and 5 mph for the running, which left me at 1.75 miles or an 18-minute mile... when I run outside, I'm over 2 miles for the same run. I'm not sure if it's the joy of being outside vs the treadmill, or the pressure from being seen running that makes me faster outside, lol.
  • klmnumbers
    Options
    w6d1 done!