Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• kramrn77
    kramrn77 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    W5D2- glad I didn't look ahead at it. But I did it. Now- day three.
  • krichard08
    krichard08 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I did it!! I'm a graduate! Week 8 Day 3 tonight. Including my 5 minute warm up walk of .33 mi., I completed 3.1 miles in 43:15. Am I an Olympic runner? Heck no, but....I am a runner!!!! SUPER STOKED!! :D
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Just started this program. Completed W2D2 tonight. Am loving this program but am nervous about next week.
  • Rags2Righteous
    Rags2Righteous Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    krichard08 wrote: »
    I did it!! I'm a graduate! Week 8 Day 3 tonight. Including my 5 minute warm up walk of .33 mi., I completed 3.1 miles in 43:15. Am I an Olympic runner? Heck no, but....I am a runner!!!! SUPER STOKED!! :D

Awesome! Congrats on finishing. I will graduate this Friday. :smiley:
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    @fearnsey71
    fearnsey71 wrote: »
    Well, I've taken the advice and registered for a 5k in November. Can't wait.
    I remember the great advice I got from an experienced runner I met at my first 5K ( she was doing a 10K) To prevent following the pack and going out to fast and getting burnt out before you get to the finish " Start out Slow and then Taper off a little bit". It was a small group of runners - only about 100 total participants so there were no pace groups. She suggested that the people closest to the start line were probably faster runners so I should try to get into the middle/back half of the starting pack and once out running to find someone who seems to be running at a comfortable pace that I could match and just follow them for a while. Use them as a pacer. Most important Have Fun.
  • JasmijnRF
    JasmijnRF Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, great job!

juliet3455 wrote: »
    @fearnsey71
    I remember the great advice I got from an experienced runner I met at my first 5K ( she was doing a 10K) To prevent following the pack and going out to fast and getting burnt out before you get to the finish " Start out Slow and then Taper off a little bit". It was a small group of runners - only about 100 total participants so there were no pace groups. She suggested that the people closest to the start line were probably faster runners so I should try to get into the middle/back half of the starting pack and once out running to find someone who seems to be running at a comfortable pace that I could match and just follow them for a while. Use them as a pacer. Most important Have Fun.

Great advice! Starting too fast is rookie mistake number 1
  • JasmijnRF
    JasmijnRF Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Week 5 day 2 done. Went pretty well :smile:
  • krichard08
    Options

Awesome! Congrats on finishing. I will graduate this Friday. :smiley:
    Thank you!! :)
    JasmijnRF wrote: »
    Congratulations, great job!

@fearnsey71

Great advice! Starting too fast is rookie mistake number 1

And Thank you!!!

Everyone is doing so awesome! Keep up the great work!! Happy running!! :)
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    w4d3 finished.
    wasn't too bad. not to say I wasn't drenched in sweat but I didn't die. next week will be interesting
  • Somebody_Loved
    Somebody_Loved Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    @krichard08 - Great job!!

• krichard08
    Options
    @krichard08 - Great job!!

Thank you so much!
  • rebeccatherine
    rebeccatherine Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Finished W5D2 today. The second 8 minute interval wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, and I felt pretty good when it was all over! I'm now both nervous AND excited to do the end of week 5 on Saturday.
  • cazbit
    cazbit Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Week 6 Day 2 done. I still can't get my head around all this running I'm doing and actually being able to do it!
  • Knyvern
    Knyvern Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    W6d2 done.
  • Somebody_Loved
    Options
    Just rocked w5d3! I ran it inside and it felt great. I'm going to do a light run outside tomorrow to keep up on my outdoor running.

As a side note, it's amazing what good fitting workout clothes and shoes can do. I just splurged on new shoes/clothes and my run was so much more enjoyable not having to pull up my pants and fuss with my t-shirts.
  • cazbit
    cazbit Posts: 122 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Just rocked w5d3! I ran it inside and it felt great. I'm going to do a light run outside tomorrow to keep up on my outdoor running.

As a side note, it's amazing what good fitting workout clothes and shoes can do. I just splurged on new shoes/clothes and my run was so much more enjoyable not having to pull up my pants and fuss with my t-shirts.

Oh well done, I just came in to check if you had posted yet, that's fantastic!!! Oh and I totally agree with the correct fitting gear, worth its weight in gold.

• Somebody_Loved
    Options
    @cazbit - Thank you!
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

Fantastic news, well done you. PMA and this programme works wonders. I hope you enjoy tomorrrows light run after the success of today
  • Somebody_Loved
    Options
    @ftrobbie - Thank you so much! Your note about the mental piece of it the other day really helped me.
  • fearnsey71
    fearnsey71 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    @fearnsey71

Thank you. I'm copying this and putting it in my notes.