Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• frankie5152
    frankie5152 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Yesterday felt recovered from my sickness so i started week 2 over and felt great at the end
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Was doing w2d3 yesterday when, in the 5th interval, decided to take a shortcut between paths. I tripped over a tree root and face planted in the dirt. Bloody and sore, I walked back to the car. After assessing the damage (scrapes and bruises ALL over), I went back out last night and did the run again at the high school track. No stupid tree root is going to mess up my program!
  • klmnumbers
    klmnumbers Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    @frankie5152 and @MimiOfTheLusciousLawn - nice recovery to both of you =)
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    I did w5d3 and didn't make it, but did w6d1 and did great. just need to keep going
  • Knyvern
    Knyvern Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    @MimiOfTheLusciousLawn - Great perseverance.
    @frankie5152 - Glad you are feeling better.

W7d1 complete.
  • showjumper
    showjumper Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    So... I have been struggling to find time to run... I've only logged 2 runs this month so far this month :( I made up my mind to go at lunch today and did it...... it wasn't great but I was out there.... I completed 2.25 miles total (2mi run work part) W4D3! Will see what Thursday brings....... I'm thinking a repeat of W4.. I was on W6 on the treadmill...
  • Somebody_Loved
    Somebody_Loved Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Good job everyone!

I did w6d1 today. It was one of those workouts where I was struggling to get through it, wasn't enjoying it and felt "off" all around. I completed it, though, and am glad that I did. Some days are just better than others!
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    Options
    Today was not a run day, but found myself at the track at the end of the day trying to get my steps and Misfit points in. I was pressed for time, so I was hurrying. I hurried so much that I set a new PR for a 5k, 3.1 miles in 42:03, all walking. That crushed my old record by A LOT!
  • rebeccatherine
    rebeccatherine Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    W6D1 completed, went well. Starting to wish I was faster, but I know this process is about endurance and not speed.

@MimiOfTheLusciousLawn That is some fast walking! Wow! Go you!
  • ssasssy
    ssasssy Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Just about to start w5d1. This is the week I've been nervous about approaching. However, now that I'm here I realize every week is the hardest thing I've ever done until it gets harder and then looking back it doesn't seem so bad anymore. I can't wait to be looking back on w5!
  • frankie5152
    frankie5152 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Finished W2D2. Feeling good.
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    Options
    ssasssy wrote: »
    Just about to start w5d1. This is the week I've been nervous about approaching. However, now that I'm here I realize every week is the hardest thing I've ever done until it gets harder and then looking back it doesn't seem so bad anymore. I can't wait to be looking back on w5!

YES!! Great insight! Someone said "trust the program" - I'm learning that, too!
  • a_manda
    a_manda Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Finished W3D2 this morning. Feeling better more confident this week than I did last week. Decided not to look ahead at next week though so that I don't talk myself out of it.
  • Somebody_Loved
    Options
    a_manda wrote: »
    Finished W3D2 this morning. Feeling better more confident this week than I did last week. Decided not to look ahead at next week though so that I don't talk myself out of it.

I second this. I looked ahead for week 5 as people were talking about it and it definitely affected my attitude. I like going into the workouts with confidence and since I'm still so new to it, it's easy for my to psych myself out.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    finished w6d2
    so the next one. eek.
    this is where I stumbled last week. a full 22 min. s :o
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    moyer566 wrote: »
    finished w6d2
    so the next one. eek.
    this is where I stumbled last week. a full 22 min. s :o

Slow down and keep telling yourself you can do it, and you will!
  • Somebody_Loved
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Just completed w6d2. Bring on d3 - we can do it, @moyer566! :)
  • klmnumbers
    klmnumbers Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    w6d2 completed as well! It was... not easy tonight. Hoping for the best this Saturday morning... haha
  • leonora711
    leonora711 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I finished week 3 yesterday. I'm actually starting to like this whole running malarkey :). I'm almost a little sad to have a couple of days off :p, scared of the 5 minute run coming up though...
  • namarc0
    namarc0 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I too just finished week 6 day 2. I wasn't really into it, but managed to complete without issue. I just felt really blah. I have 5k fun run at night on Saturday so I may do the third day then and spice it up a bit...