Daily Check In Thread

Replies

• MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    Was doing w2d3 yesterday when, in the 5th interval, decided to take a shortcut between paths. I tripped over a tree root and face planted in the dirt. Bloody and sore, I walked back to the car. After assessing the damage (scrapes and bruises ALL over), I went back out last night and did the run again at the high school track. No stupid tree root is going to mess up my program!
  • klmnumbers
    klmnumbers Posts: 213 Member
    @frankie5152 and @MimiOfTheLusciousLawn - nice recovery to both of you =)
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    I did w5d3 and didn't make it, but did w6d1 and did great. just need to keep going
  • Knyvern
    Knyvern Posts: 183 Member
    @MimiOfTheLusciousLawn - Great perseverance.
    @frankie5152 - Glad you are feeling better.

W7d1 complete.
  • showjumper
    showjumper Posts: 335 Member
    So... I have been struggling to find time to run... I've only logged 2 runs this month so far this month :( I made up my mind to go at lunch today and did it...... it wasn't great but I was out there.... I completed 2.25 miles total (2mi run work part) W4D3! Will see what Thursday brings....... I'm thinking a repeat of W4.. I was on W6 on the treadmill...
  • Somebody_Loved
    Somebody_Loved Posts: 498 Member
    Good job everyone!

I did w6d1 today. It was one of those workouts where I was struggling to get through it, wasn't enjoying it and felt "off" all around. I completed it, though, and am glad that I did. Some days are just better than others!
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    Today was not a run day, but found myself at the track at the end of the day trying to get my steps and Misfit points in. I was pressed for time, so I was hurrying. I hurried so much that I set a new PR for a 5k, 3.1 miles in 42:03, all walking. That crushed my old record by A LOT!
  • rebeccatherine
    rebeccatherine Posts: 112 Member
    W6D1 completed, went well. Starting to wish I was faster, but I know this process is about endurance and not speed.

@MimiOfTheLusciousLawn That is some fast walking! Wow! Go you!
  • ssasssy
    ssasssy Posts: 8 Member
    Just about to start w5d1. This is the week I've been nervous about approaching. However, now that I'm here I realize every week is the hardest thing I've ever done until it gets harder and then looking back it doesn't seem so bad anymore. I can't wait to be looking back on w5!
  • frankie5152
    frankie5152 Posts: 484 Member
    Finished W2D2. Feeling good.
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    ssasssy wrote: »
    Just about to start w5d1. This is the week I've been nervous about approaching. However, now that I'm here I realize every week is the hardest thing I've ever done until it gets harder and then looking back it doesn't seem so bad anymore. I can't wait to be looking back on w5!

YES!! Great insight! Someone said "trust the program" - I'm learning that, too!
  • a_manda
    a_manda Posts: 36 Member
    Finished W3D2 this morning. Feeling better more confident this week than I did last week. Decided not to look ahead at next week though so that I don't talk myself out of it.
  • Somebody_Loved
    a_manda wrote: »
    Finished W3D2 this morning. Feeling better more confident this week than I did last week. Decided not to look ahead at next week though so that I don't talk myself out of it.

I second this. I looked ahead for week 5 as people were talking about it and it definitely affected my attitude. I like going into the workouts with confidence and since I'm still so new to it, it's easy for my to psych myself out.
  • mbaker566
    finished w6d2
    so the next one. eek.
    this is where I stumbled last week. a full 22 min. s :o
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    moyer566 wrote: »
    finished w6d2
    so the next one. eek.
    this is where I stumbled last week. a full 22 min. s :o

Slow down and keep telling yourself you can do it, and you will!
  • Somebody_Loved
    edited July 2015
    Just completed w6d2. Bring on d3 - we can do it, @moyer566! :)
  • klmnumbers
    klmnumbers Posts: 213 Member
    w6d2 completed as well! It was... not easy tonight. Hoping for the best this Saturday morning... haha
  • leonora711
    leonora711 Posts: 29 Member
    I finished week 3 yesterday. I'm actually starting to like this whole running malarkey :). I'm almost a little sad to have a couple of days off :p, scared of the 5 minute run coming up though...
  • namarc0
    namarc0 Posts: 480 Member
    I too just finished week 6 day 2. I wasn't really into it, but managed to complete without issue. I just felt really blah. I have 5k fun run at night on Saturday so I may do the third day then and spice it up a bit...
  • leonora711
    leonora711 Posts: 29 Member
    edited July 2015
    Wrong thread xD
  • Somebody_Loved
    klmnumbers wrote: »
    w6d2 completed as well! It was... not easy tonight. Hoping for the best this Saturday morning... haha

I really struggled on w6d1 and then w6d2 was just fine. I'm still trying to figure out why some days are great and others are just off. Maybe something to do with how much sleep I get or energy levels or something.
  • mbaker566
    Just completed w6d2. Bring on d3 - we can do it, @moyer566! :)

I totally did it today. I figured what the heck and let's give it a go. And I even ran an extra ten min
  • Somebody_Loved
    edited July 2015
    moyer566 wrote: »

I totally did it today. I figured what the heck and let's give it a go. And I even ran an extra ten min

You're amazing! That's so awesome.
  • cazbit
    cazbit Posts: 122 Member
    Week 7 day one completed yesterday. Yippee!!! At the beginning I gave myself a target to graduate by 2nd August, a lofty goal at the time as it wouldn't include any repeats but great Scott I might actually do it!!

You are all doing amazing, it's so motivating to see how well everyone else is doing.
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    klmnumbers wrote: »

I really struggled on w6d1 and then w6d2 was just fine. I'm still trying to figure out why some days are great and others are just off. Maybe something to do with how much sleep I get or energy levels or something.

You are right there are good days and bad days. As you do more running you tend to get a lot of average/ so-so days. W6D1 is frequently hard for people just due to the fact that they are so pumped after W5D3 that any run is not going to feel as great. Well done, you will soon graduate with flying colours.

• ruthbardell
    ruthbardell Posts: 76 Member
    Week 9, day 2 completed. 1 more day left! I got a horrible stitch 5 minutes before the end, but managed to go a bit further than day 1, so feeling pretty happy
  • rebeccatherine
    rebeccatherine Posts: 112 Member
    W6D2 done, didn't feel as good as day 1 of this week, but everyone has bad runs. I've checked it off, and I will get through day 3 on Saturday!
  • ssasssy
    ssasssy Posts: 8 Member
    Finished w5d2! Didn't want to. Got up and sat in my workout clothes 40 min before I got myself out the door. It was not a bad run at all. The 2nd 8 min run was hard toward the end but not the "life and death" struggles I felt I was having in previous weeks, lol.

• Somebody_Loved
    Just finished w6d3! I ran for 25 minutes instead of the 22 and legitimately enjoyed every minute.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Haven't ran in like over a year.. did W7 D1 today. Surprised I didn't die haha