Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• DesertStar86
    DesertStar86 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    W8D2 was finally completed on Monday (took a few attempts to complete, as did D1). I went slower than slow but at least it is done! I think i've identified a flatter route so i'll try that later for D3...
  • ejdp254
    ejdp254 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    W6D2 done yesterday, quite hard after a day at work, and had an ache down the side of one thigh, so glad it's done though!
  • newhealthykim
    newhealthykim Posts: 192 Member
    Options

I did 3.5 miles in just around 38 minutes. I know it's not FAST, but I'm doing it!!

Do you realize that is a 10:51 min/mile? That is fast! I'm currently just under 15 min miles.
  • TowsonChuck
    TowsonChuck Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    W4D2 is in the books... Went really well. I was a bit more gassed after it, it was a rather humid morning here in Baltimore.

Did 2.5 miles in the 31:30, (12:36 pace felt pretty good.) I hate the feeling during the runs of getting gassed, but the feeling after of knowing I did it, and knowing it really wasnt THAT bad feels so much better.

Started looking ahead to W5... W5D3 looks kinda daunting. For those who have gotten that far, how does that one go for you??
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    W4D2 is in the books... Went really well. I was a bit more gassed after it, it was a rather humid morning here in Baltimore.

Did 2.5 miles in the 31:30, (12:36 pace felt pretty good.) I hate the feeling during the runs of getting gassed, but the feeling after of knowing I did it, and knowing it really wasnt THAT bad feels so much better.

Started looking ahead to W5... W5D3 looks kinda daunting. For those who have gotten that far, how does that one go for you??

Trust in the program. You will be ready to do that run when it comes time. Just slow down and enjoy the run!
  • upsaluki
    upsaluki Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Finished week 5 day 3. A brisk 45 degrees with a good breeze here, at least i didn't get too hot. Knocked out 1.94 miles in my 20 minutes. I'll take it.
  • upsaluki
    Options
    I AM OFFICIALLY A #C25K GRADUATE! Thank you @c25kfree! #everymomentcounts #run #running #health #fitness

I did 3.5 miles in just around 38 minutes. I know it's not FAST, but I'm doing it!!

I just ate a fortune cookie, and my fortune read: "work on improving your exercise routine'. Gave me a giggle :)

I do see there is a Week 9, day 1. I'll have to go check out what THAT is!

Congrats. Do you have a 5k race lined up?
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options

Trust in the program. You will be ready to do that run when it comes time. Just slow down and enjoy the run!

+1 for this.

If you haven't cheated the programme you are ready to do this, your mind will be the biggest obstacle not your body. 8 weeks ago I was where you are now, this morning I did 3x22 mins with 1 min rest,. You have come a long way and you will go further. I have every confidence that you can do this.
  • TowsonChuck
    TowsonChuck Posts: 65 Member
    Options

+1 for this.

If you haven't cheated the programme you are ready to do this, your mind will be the biggest obstacle not your body. 8 weeks ago I was where you are now, this morning I did 3x22 mins with 1 min rest,. You have come a long way and you will go further. I have every confidence that you can do this.

Thanks for the positive feedback!
    And Yeah I have been really good about not cheating the program! It's a little thing I know, but it makes me happy.
  • upsaluki
    Options

+1 for this.

Is it just me or did your ticker move ftrobbie? Thanks for the inspiration along the way.
  • upsaluki
    Options

+1 for this.

Thanks for the positive feedback!
    And Yeah I have been really good about not cheating the program! It's a little thing I know, but it makes me happy.

You'll be ready. Just pick a pace that is comfortable, put some good tunes on and get in a groove. I found it a little easier to just keep running today instead of all the stopping and starting. Tip of the hat to your weight loss so far. That is some really good work.
  • ftrobbie
    Options

+1 for this.

Is it just me or did your ticker move ftrobbie? Thanks for the inspiration along the way.

It should not have done. If I had not had a health scare I would still have been 280lbs. Being given a clear idea that it would be me changing my lifestyle or the medical community. I took the initiative, my aunt lost a foot to type 2 diabetes, and died soon after. You are welcome for whatever inspiration or encouragement I give you, it is the least I can do in return for the inspiration many people on here have supplied to me and the fact without MFP, I would still be a lard cake.

Although I know you don't need it, good luck tomorrow
  • sacto68
    sacto68 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Back in June I was asking this group for tips on how to get through W1 D1 without killing myself. Well I just back in from finishing W8 D3!!! Yes it took me more than the eight weeks to finish but that was because of work & life having it's way.

I was able to run the entire 3 miles this morning in 37 min, average pace of 12.22. I ran past the 30 min mark until I heard MapMyRun call out the third mile. Yes I was tired & felt I could have slowed down a little bit, but I was just so excited to finish, remembering where I was just a few months ago.

Thank you everyone for the support!!! :happy:
  • ftrobbie
    Options
    Back in June I was asking this group for tips on how to get through W1 D1 without killing myself. Well I just back in from finishing W8 D3!!! Yes it took me more than the eight weeks to finish but that was because of work & life having it's way.

I was able to run the entire 3 miles this morning in 37 min, average pace of 12.22. I ran past the 30 min mark until I heard MapMyRun call out the third mile. Yes I was tired & felt I could have slowed down a little bit, but I was just so excited to finish, remembering where I was just a few months ago.

Thank you everyone for the support!!! :happy:

Fantastic news, I will think of you when having a beer tomorrow evening
  • DesertStar86
    DesertStar86 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    W8D3 done... On to week 9...!
  • ftrobbie
    Options

Does this mean I need to have 2 :laugh:
  • sacto68
    sacto68 Posts: 35 Member
    Options

I think so :wink:
  • ftrobbie
    Options

The sacrifices I make :happy:
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options

The sacrifices I make :happy:

il_570xN.602466635_1thy.jpg
  • upsaluki
    Options

+1 for this.

It should not have done. If I had not had a health scare I would still have been 280lbs. Being given a clear idea that it would be me changing my lifestyle or the medical community. I took the initiative, my aunt lost a foot to type 2 diabetes, and died soon after. You are welcome for whatever inspiration or encouragement I give you, it is the least I can do in return for the inspiration many people on here have supplied to me and the fact without MFP, I would still be a lard cake.

Although I know you don't need it, good luck tomorrow
    Haha. I actually meant your weight loss ticker at the bottom of your posts.