Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• cookiegy
    cookiegy Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear that Carla - I had to stop after three weeks because of injury but got back to it.

It's a bit devastating when you've put in all that effort and psyched yourself up to finish it, but you will get there!

You'll come back stronger.
  • CarlaMomOf4
    CarlaMomOf4 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! Fingers crossed ;)
  • jsandie76
    jsandie76 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all your insights and wisdom. I really appreciate it!

Today I did W5D2 on the treadmill. It was hard, but I honestly expected it to be much harder (I didn't expect to be able to finish it) The heat/humidity is still quite intense here, and my running time has to be adjusted since I now have family getting up and going off to school/work. Its also been kinda odd lately since my husband (who is a teacher) is now back at work and we are unable to do our morning runs together. I am trying to decide if I should do Friday (he gets them off) and Sunday runs with him, and redo a day on Wednesday so that we can continue to do c25k together, or if I just continue on solo. If we continue together the on Wednesday I would either do a repeat of what we did Sunday OR would do the next day and repeat it on Friday with him. Opinions?
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    It's interesting to see different people preferring different locations to run. My advice is to do whatever you enjoy doing, the only proviso is that if you want to race then you need to get some practice in the conditions you will race in. Well done on your performances wherever you do them.

jsandie with regards to running with your husband, I would tend to do whatever I felt comfortable with, at some point you are likely to deviate and so there will be opportunities to reassess later. I would tend to do W5D3 and get the benefit of completing the first long non interval run and then repeat it on Friday helping your husband to do it also.

Whatever you do, just remember to enjoy it. Good luck
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Whatever you do, just remember to enjoy it. Good luck

+1

If you feel like running, run. You don't have to run the next scheduled run if you don't want to. Save it for the run with your husband. Or do it alone and then again with your husband. Do what feels right! Go out and run a mile, or run for 20 minutes, or whatever you feel like doing. have fun with it! Consider it bonus running.
  • upsaluki
    upsaluki Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I was able to get in week 4 day 2 today. Total distance with warmup and walking afterwards was 3.97 miles.
  • DesertStar86
    DesertStar86 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    W8D1 complete and it was actually a relative success which is thankful, as I was starting to lose hope... I was feeling tired and ravenous yesterday so decided to eat at maintenance. Steak and chips (fries) for dinner revived me and I felt great on most of my run. Unfortunately I got a stitch at 26mins 54secs and I couldn't run it off. I walked for 1 minute and then completed the run. Usually I won't log a run that I haven't fully completed, but seeing as it's the longest I've run so far, and that I would've continued had it not been for the stitch, I'm having that one.

Glad I stuck with my usual route and didn't go to the track - even the worst hill yesterday felt easier than usual (and I was quicker than W7D3!?!).

On to W8D2 :happy:
  • ejdp254
    ejdp254 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    W5D2 all done! Next run looks tricky.....we shall see!! :)
  • ftrobbie
    Options
    W5D3 is a matter over mind thing, you can do it, your mind will tell you no if you let it. I know you can do this!!
  • ejdp254
    Options
    Thanks, we'll give it our best shot!
  • upsaluki
    Options
    W8D1 complete and it was actually a relative success which is thankful, as I was starting to lose hope... I was feeling tired and ravenous yesterday so decided to eat at maintenance. Steak and chips (fries) for dinner revived me and I felt great on most of my run. Unfortunately I got a stitch at 26mins 54secs and I couldn't run it off. I walked for 1 minute and then completed the run. Usually I won't log a run that I haven't fully completed, but seeing as it's the longest I've run so far, and that I would've continued had it not been for the stitch, I'm having that one.

Glad I stuck with my usual route and didn't go to the track - even the worst hill yesterday felt easier than usual (and I was quicker than W7D3!?!).

On to W8D2 :happy:

Nice work.
  • sacto68
    sacto68 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Just finished week 7 this morning. Only have one more week!
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Just finished week 7 this morning. Only have one more week!

Well done, you've come a long way
  • sacto68
    sacto68 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • kvossandrews
    kvossandrews Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    W8D2

not a PB but jogged the full 5km straight. My last jog of the C25K will be done in LA.. What a feeling for this big Aussie....

Fly out of sydney tomorrow. Trip of a life time 4wks in the USA.. SO excited about this...... Maybe my PB will happen in Central Park NY...........

YAY:happy:
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    W8D2

not a PB but jogged the full 5km straight. My last jog of the C25K will be done in LA.. What a feeling for this big Aussie....

Fly out of sydney tomorrow. Trip of a life time 4wks in the USA.. SO excited about this...... Maybe my PB will happen in Central Park NY...........

YAY:happy:
    Have fun! I am overdue for a long vacation. I've always wanted to go to Australia!
  • upsaluki
    Options
    Finished week 4 day 3 today. One day after doing a legs day of you are your own gym. I really had to use the trick of continuously picking a tree to run to so I could get through it. Looking forward to week 5.
  • ejdp254
    Options
    Well done on finishing W4! We finished W5 today, and as people have said, it is a mental challenge, physically I was fine but had to keep my motivation going, glad we did it xx
  • ftrobbie
    Options
    upsaluki - Well done on finishing week 4

ejdp254 - Congratulations you are on the final straight to graduating. You may find week 6 the hardest but you know you can overrule your mind. Hope you enjoy the rest of your journey.
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    Just finished the first week. Was not as bad at all :)