Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• amirakabira
    amirakabira Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Finished C25K yesterday!!!!! Now it's on to 10K. Is there a board for that?
  • Vanessa_Ross
    Vanessa_Ross Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    competed wk 1 day 1 today. I must admit it was not as bad as I thought it would be :)
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options

It's a bridge to 10k board

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/526-bridge-to-10k

Have fun and congratulations on finishing
  • ftrobbie
    Options
    aine and Vanessa - congratulations on starting, it will be a rollercoaster just trust in the process. I started like you 12 weeks ago and did 15km on Friday night. You don't have to emulate what I've done but it does show what is possible. Enjoy your journeys.
  • amirakabira
    amirakabira Posts: 29 Member
    Options

Thank you! This is FUN!!!
  • ftrobbie
    Options

Thank you! This is FUN!!!

Look forward to seeing you on there
  • upsaluki
    upsaluki Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Week 5 day 1 in the books. I enjoyed having a little longer runs, but by the end was looking for the voice on my phone to tell me to slow to a walk. My son (age 3) got out of the stroller and we ran together during my cool down walk so that was a lot of fun.
  • upsaluki
    Options
    Great work from the new beginners and finishers. Keep it up.
  • gd34
    gd34 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello - just found this board! I finished week 5 day 3 yesterday. My 14 year old daughter (who is very, very fit, but was not a runner) is my partner, which has been a huge help. I had my last baby 7 months ago, and have been trying desperately to get healthy again after having her. A few weeks ago I had no idea I would be able to do anything like yesterday's run. A little nervous (as always) about the upcoming week, but I'm feeling more confident as the weeks go by! Week 6 day 1 today! Good luck to everyone running today!
  • CarlaMomOf4
    CarlaMomOf4 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Finished my graduation run on Friday!! I was a slacker and took a week here and there off for holidays etc. but I finally completed the program!! Super excited and ready to 'try' to move on to training for 10k.
  • ftrobbie
    Options
    gd34, well done on getting this far, you have broken the back of this, the next few weeks will be a breeze, hope you enjoy.

Carla, really pleased you have finished this, I wish you every success on the next leg of your journey
  • ejdp254
    ejdp254 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    W6D1 done, bit harder than I expected, onwards to the next run!!
  • Forest91
    Forest91 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody. This afternoon I completed Week 1 Day 1 I felt great but a bit tired. Before starting this I was not a runner I hated PE when I was school. I know this will be hard work but I will try my best.
  • ftrobbie
    Options
    Yoda - do or do not there is no try.

It works if you can follow it, but you also need to enjoy it!! If you don't enjoy it please find something else to do otherwise you will be miserable. That said I never like the first 10-15 mins of a session, after that the endorphins kick in and it gets easier. Just do not run too fast, if you can't hold a conversation with someone you are running too fast. It is hard to learn, it took me 4 weeks, but when the penny drops it gets a whole lot easier. Best of luck on your journey.
  • upsaluki
    Options
    Week 5 Day 2 is down. Looking forward to the big day. Week 5 Day 3 looks like it should be tough and fun.
  • ftrobbie
    Options
    You'll be fine, I have every confidence in you, your attitude is right to nail this
  • TowsonChuck
    TowsonChuck Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I tried C25k last year and failed horribly, I cheated all the time even in week 1, never making it through my run periods. I did this for the first week, then just gave up. I have since turned my focus back to healthy living, and now that I am lighter, and have better cardio I wanted to try this again, ant I just found the group.

I Started C25k a few weeks ago. Been keeping up with my runs, have not cheated once very proud of that.

Today was W4D1, was thinking it would be a big jump over the previous weeks, but it felt really good to run a bit longer then the last few weeks.

It's addicting to seeing my distance climb with every run, not really aiming for that, just trying to make it through the run periods without any walking. I guess it's just nice to see my endurance building up.
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I AM OFFICIALLY A #C25K GRADUATE! Thank you @c25kfree! #everymomentcounts #run #running #health #fitness

I did 3.5 miles in just around 38 minutes. I know it's not FAST, but I'm doing it!!

I just ate a fortune cookie, and my fortune read: "work on improving your exercise routine'. Gave me a giggle :)

I do see there is a Week 9, day 1. I'll have to go check out what THAT is!
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    Just finished the first week. Was not as bad at all :)
    W2D1 is done! :)
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    I AM OFFICIALLY A #C25K GRADUATE! Thank you @c25kfree! #everymomentcounts #run #running #health #fitness

I did 3.5 miles in just around 38 minutes. I know it's not FAST, but I'm doing it!!

I just ate a fortune cookie, and my fortune read: "work on improving your exercise routine'. Gave me a giggle :)

I do see there is a Week 9, day 1. I'll have to go check out what THAT is!
    Congratulations! I cannot believe I will ever be there :)