Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• ejdp254
    ejdp254 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Just finished W3D3, am doing it with the help of my 11yr old, W4 on Monday, not looking forward to it!!
  • SunnyDuckling
    SunnyDuckling Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    So I'm getting back on board with Couch to 5K. Started originally in July. Got as far as W3D3 before a (non-related) injury made me sit out for 2 1/2 weeks.

Restarted again last week, and today: W3D2. Ended up modifying a little, by running one extra interval at the end. Entire Flo Rida song 'Low'. Turns out that bad boy is 4min long. I'm impressed. And no tight calf today - yay! The stretching I've been doing's working.
  • spa407
    spa407 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    2nd round of C25K underway. Last round was 6 years ago. So far so good. W2 D2 done.
  • kvossandrews
    kvossandrews Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Week6 Day3

Done and felt ok. Not as good as my Wk6 Day2 but its done now.

Looking forward to my Wednesday jog..
  • oofdieblunk
    oofdieblunk Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is W7D2- I'm so glad my work schedule tomorrow will afford me the opportunity to run in the morning tomorrow before it gets too hot! Last Friday's run was interesting. I was the only one in the park. Allergy season starts for me this time of year and they were cutting the grass in the park as I was running! Oh well, I still crushed it!,
  • Alwayssohungry
    Alwayssohungry Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Almost there - 2.75 miles. Only stopped for the dog to poop and drink. Might have made the whole 3.1 but some lady with two little feeder dogs was blocking the whole path and I only had to go two tenths past her and then turn around. Didn't want to deal with that twice, I have a Chow and lots of people get freaked out when they see him. They seem to have a bad rap.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Almost there - 2.75 miles. Only stopped for the dog to poop and drink. Might have made the whole 3.1 but some lady with two little feeder dogs was blocking the whole path and I only had to go two tenths past her and then turn around. Didn't want to deal with that twice, I have a Chow and lots of people get freaked out when they see him. They seem to have a bad rap.

It's a shame that entire breeds of dogs get a bad reputation based on few owners who train their dogs wrong! The best dog I ever had was a chow mix. Miss him!

BTW- great job on the run!
  • ejdp254
    Options
    Completed W4D1, thrilled to have finished it, not as bad as I thought it would be xx:drinker:
  • DesertStar86
    DesertStar86 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Gah! I'm really struggling at the moment!

Tried W7D1 two days ago. I got just past halfway, tried to skip a song, ended up turning my volume off, then my phone froze so had to stop for a few seconds to deal with that. Stopping threw me off completely (and made me really angry). I carried on but only managed 22 minutes rather than 25.

Had a day off yesterday as my hips were really hurting (I think I have bursitis and it's getting worse as the runs get longer).

Tried again today, got five minutes in and then got a huge stitch that I couldn't run through. Walked it off, had a drink, reset the run and figured I'd start again. Got 3 minutes in and the stitch returned so I gave up.

I live in the Middle East and the heat is really not helping. Unfortunately there is currently no cool time of day to run. Today i went at 7pm and it was 36c with a "real feel" of 46c and 62% humidity. Usually I go later when it's maybe a degree or two cooler but the humidity is higher.

I will try AGAIN tomorrow, but it's really starting to get on my nerves...
  • Just_Ceci
    Options

Tried W7D1 two days ago. I got just past halfway, tried to skip a song, ended up turning my volume off, then my phone froze so had to stop for a few seconds to deal with that. Stopping threw me off completely (and made me really angry). I carried on but only managed 22 minutes rather than 25.

Had a day off yesterday as my hips were really hurting (I think I have bursitis and it's getting worse as the runs get longer).

Tried again today, got five minutes in and then got a huge stitch that I couldn't run through. Walked it off, had a drink, reset the run and figured I'd start again. Got 3 minutes in and the stitch returned so I gave up.

I live in the Middle East and the heat is really not helping. Unfortunately there is currently no cool time of day to run. Today i went at 7pm and it was 36c with a "real feel" of 46c and 62% humidity. Usually I go later when it's maybe a degree or two cooler but the humidity is higher.

Sorry you are dealing with that! It's been pretty hot here too, but nothing like that!

I found a couple of articles on Runner's World that might help with the side stitches:

http://www.runnersworld.com/running-tips/four-ways-stop-dreaded-side-stitch

http://www.runnersworld.com/getting-started/breathing-tips-for-new-runners

Hope that helps!
  • DesertStar86
    Options
    Phew. W7D1 done. The last 2 minutes were a battle. My GPS didnt work so unfortunately no idea what my speed was...
  • sacto68
    sacto68 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Just finished up week 6! While still very challenging, I did better than I thought I would with the 22 min run.
  • DesertStar86
    Options

Sorry you are dealing with that! It's been pretty hot here too, but nothing like that!

I found a couple of articles on Runner's World that might help with the side stitches:

http://www.runnersworld.com/running-tips/four-ways-stop-dreaded-side-stitch

http://www.runnersworld.com/getting-started/breathing-tips-for-new-runners

Hope that helps!

Thanks for the links by the way. Some useful tips in there. My breathing is usually ok but yesterday it was so hot and the air was thick (if thats makes sense), I think I was almost panicking. It all went downhill from there. I got a mild stitch today but that was 2 minutes from the end of the run so I pushed through...
  • kvossandrews
    kvossandrews Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Week7 Day1

much better jog than Monday. Got to the 5km in 40mins and 10 secs. Heart rate got up a little to high so slowed down just a tad as I dont want it to be over 170 for to long.

I have been very lucky to miss the rain on both days.
  • upsaluki
    upsaluki Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    W3D1 while on a work trip. Found a path to run on and went for it. Nice that I'm not getting derailed by work travel. Paved path aggravated my shins though.
  • jsandie76
    jsandie76 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    W4D3 Done! Today was brutally difficult, and I am not sure why. Hopefully things are better for my next run.
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    W4D3 Done! Today was brutally difficult, and I am not sure why. Hopefully things are better for my next run.

Congrats on finishing week 4! Don't forget to slow down if you need to.
    W3D1 while on a work trip. Found a path to run on and went for it. Nice that I'm not getting derailed by work travel. Paved path aggravated my shins though.

Concrete does that to me.
    I have been very lucky to miss the rain on both days.

I love running in the rain, as long as it's not too heavy.
  • DesertStar86
    Options
    W7D2 done... went much better than day 1's attempts but of course it was still a challenge. Will probably do day 3 tomorrow and then take the weekend off. We shall see.
  • ejdp254
    Options
    W4D2 all done!!
  • tboothe33
    tboothe33 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    W1D1 yesterday! Never run before in my life. (by choice). Anyone else just start? I need motivation!