Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Ceci - love it, I do have a beer removal service t shirt and used to have aluminman tshirt - chill, chug, crush, like me it went way past it's sell by date

upsaluki - ticker has been there from day one, I've noticed that sometimes there is a numeric code at the bottom of posts that is a bulletin board reference to the ticker, I think, sometimes it does not retrieve correctly.

I am now reformed, well sort off. Have fun. Will be supporting my childhood rugby team tonight, the mighty Quins.
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    W2D1 is done! :)
    W2D2 is done! :)
  • Aine8046
    Options
    W2D3 is done! :smile:
  • upsaluki
    upsaluki Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Week 6 day 1 is history. 43 and a little breezy here this morning. I'm going to have to update my gear for cooler weather. Just when I received a bunch of headsweats hats in the mail too.
  • ftrobbie
    Options
    Week 6 day 1 is history. 43 and a little breezy here this morning. I'm going to have to update my gear for cooler weather. Just when I received a bunch of headsweats hats in the mail too.

I must have missed you doing w5d3, well done, you will enjoy the rest of the programme. I look forward to hearing about your continuing success
  • upsaluki
    Options

I must have missed you doing w5d3, well done, you will enjoy the rest of the programme. I look forward to hearing about your continuing success
    Thanks. It was pretty fun. I seem to enjoy the longer runs better than the interval runs. It's easier to maintain my mindset when I'm not waiting for the phone to tell me to walk for awhile.
  • ftrobbie
    Options

Thanks. It was pretty fun. I seem to enjoy the longer runs better than the interval runs. It's easier to maintain my mindset when I'm not waiting for the phone to tell me to walk for awhile.

Are you inside or out? I find I clock watch inside but not outside.

I started C25k on 15 June, finished it 5 august, continued the programme onto C210k and will finish it next week. However went HM distance this morning in 2hr33min by doing 5min run, 1 min walk intervals. I would never have done it in a single all out effort. I don't mind either continuous or run/walk intervals. I know the overall pace is better with continuous but I can go further with run/walk intervals. Have signed up for a HM in March, not bad for someone who could not run for 5 mins at the start of June. Have fun and hope it inspires people to understand what is possible
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    IMG_20140913_0839158411.jpg

Thought I would share this here. I ran my first 5K today!!! My official chip time was 29:44!!! I NEVER even thought I would go below the 30 minute mark!!!

Keep on going fellow runners! You can do it!
  • ftrobbie
    Options

Thought I would share this here. I ran my first 5K today!!! My official chip time was 29:44!!! I NEVER even thought I would go below the 30 minute mark!!!

Fantastic, well done. It is truly amazing what we can do, if we apply ourselves. I am so pleased for you. :happy:
  • ejdp254
    ejdp254 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Completed W6D3, much better than the other 2 runs this week, could almost say 'enjoyable' lol!!
  • upsaluki
    Options

Awesome job! Did you find running with others gave a boost to your pace?
  • upsaluki
    Options

Awesome job! Did you find running with others gave a boost to your pace?
  • greentree0
    greentree0 Posts: 40 Member
    Options

I started on c25k at the beginning of May, and posted my initial progress here. I travelled a lot for work over the summer, and stopped posting. But I kept plugging on (and logging my runs) and I've been running for half an hour 3-ish times a week for the last few weeks. Today I did a 5k race! The chip times haven't been released yet, but it was a few minutes faster than I thought I could do. (and a bunch slower than 30 mins). I want to echo,and congratulate, angf0679 - keep on going because if you follow the program you will get there!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    W2D3 is done! :smile:

You are rocking this!!!
  • upsaluki
    Options

Are you inside or out? I find I clock watch inside but not outside.

I started C25k on 15 June, finished it 5 august, continued the programme onto C210k and will finish it next week. However went HM distance this morning in 2hr33min by doing 5min run, 1 min walk intervals. I would never have done it in a single all out effort. I don't mind either continuous or run/walk intervals. I know the overall pace is better with continuous but I can go further with run/walk intervals. Have signed up for a HM in March, not bad for someone who could not run for 5 mins at the start of June. Have fun and hope it inspires people to understand what is possible
    Wow. That's some really fast progress. Good work.
  • jsandie76
    jsandie76 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Finished W5D3!!!!!!! YAY!!!! I REALLY slowed down for today's run. I have been re-running W5D2 for the last week or so while my hubby caught up to me (and I was scared out of my wits if I wanted to be completely honest) My last run on Friday I ran it at an average pace of a 9.18 minute mile and felt like I was going to DIE after the 8 minute run, today I ran a mile at 14.31. Am I embarrassed by my speed... NO WAY! My goal was to finish the run, and I DID! I will get stronger, and faster, but today I just wanted to make it 20 minutes.
  • Aine8046
    Options

Amazing!
  • ftrobbie
    Options
    Finished W5D3!!!!!!! YAY!!!! I REALLY slowed down for today's run. I have been re-running W5D2 for the last week or so while my hubby caught up to me (and I was scared out of my wits if I wanted to be completely honest) My last run on Friday I ran it at an average pace of a 9.18 minute mile and felt like I was going to DIE after the 8 minute run, today I ran a mile at 14.31. Am I embarrassed by my speed... NO WAY! My goal was to finish the run, and I DID! I will get stronger, and faster, but today I just wanted to make it 20 minutes.

I am so pleased for you, the first 20 minuter is a mind game. I am glad you came through it. I also look forward to you getting to 30 minutes in a few weeks time and graduating the programme. Well done.
  • upsaluki
    Options
    Great job! Slower seems to be the ticket for c25k. I know slowing down has helped me to keep going, and doing it again after your rest day is the biggest thing.
  • Aine8046
    Options

Amazing and inspiring ! I cannot wait till I am there :)