Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• benefiting
    benefiting Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I started W1D1 on the treadmill yesterday. I'm probably going to use the treadmill and outside throughout the workout as I travel between two hours and rather run inside for one of them. I also go new shoes which I don't wanna waste so I gotta get up and do it! I was attempting to train with a different program for the Color Run I did on Sunday but I got up to 2 mins "running" 1 minute walking and my legs dying. Lol.
  • a_manda
    a_manda Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I did it guys!! I completed W4D1!!! This is the first time I ever made it past week 3. It feels so good and I feel like I really can do this!
  • faithan84
    faithan84 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Gska17 wrote: »
    I did it! I ran a 5K without stopping. I'm so emotional - I never thought I'd have this body back and to know I can run three miles...I can't put how I'm feeling into words. :)

Thanks for the inspiration!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    Took it easy today. Wasn't feeling a big run and did w2d3 over scion
  • showjumper
    showjumper Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Yay me! I did the dreaded W5D3 last night..... it wasn't pretty but I did get it done... its a start and I look forward to wrapping up the last few interval runs and start working on the complete run. After last nights results I know that 3 miles is within my reach finally! I got to 2.23mi in 20 min another fraction of a mile wasn't that impossible!

Have a great Tuesday!
  • rebeccatherine
    rebeccatherine Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I was supposed to do W7D1 tonight, but last night I slipped on wet concrete and landed hard on my right side. Nothing's broken (that I can tell), but I feel pretty banged up. Unfortunately going to take some days off - I figure if I can't walk without it hurting, I shouldn't be running. If I end up taking a week or more off I'm going to repeat week 6 before heading on to week 7.
    I can't tell if I'm more bummed out about hurting or that I can't go running...

Keep going everyone, and be careful! :smiley:
  • mandync5497
    mandync5497 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Congrats! @Gska17 that's awesome! I can't wait till I am at that point. I am getting close. I did w8d1 today and got 2 miles in. I struggled a bit but I made it through. :smile:
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    It's great to see that some of you are struggling (not the struggling bit) but pushing through. It's not about being fast it is proving to your mind that you can do this. I'd be happier if you were all sailing through this, but these little successes on pushing through will help you do so many other things you never thought possible. Well done to you all
  • cazbit
    cazbit Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Week seven day three done.

Only one more week on the zen labs programme. Last week here I come!!!
  • ssasssy
    ssasssy Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I did w5d3 on Sunday and was amazed I did it. I did w6d1 today and went into it with the mindset it would be easy because of the walking breaks. I was very wrong. I completed it but it was HARD! I don't think I'll underestimate a run again. Its better when I know its going to be a challenge and mentally prep for it.
  • cazbit
    Options
    I attempted w7d1 this morning and wasn't able to complete it. I was on the treadmill (as I usually am) and I felt off from the beginning... got about 14 minutes of running in and then had to walk. My heart rate was much higher than usual and my arms and neck started aching pretty bad. I think I was dehydrated since I didn't drink much water yesterday. Anyway, going to attempt it again either this afternoon or tomorrow.

I had this exact same thing happen to me. My last run was a disaster and left me feeling flat but today I totally killed it. A whole 5k and at a 6% incline too. Don't let the bad run take away all the amazing progress you have made to date x
  • cazbit
    edited July 2015
    Options
    You guys are all doing amazing. It's def kept me going seeing all the fantastic progress and all the wonderful support in this group x
  • ssasssy
    ssasssy Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    cazbit wrote: »
    Week seven day three done.

Only one more week on the zen labs programme. Last week here I come!!!

What are u going to do after that? I'm at week 6 in the same program and have thought about trying the 10k program next but I'm not really sure I like running, lol.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    cazbit wrote: »
    I attempted w7d1 this morning and wasn't able to complete it. I was on the treadmill (as I usually am) and I felt off from the beginning... got about 14 minutes of running in and then had to walk. My heart rate was much higher than usual and my arms and neck started aching pretty bad. I think I was dehydrated since I didn't drink much water yesterday. Anyway, going to attempt it again either this afternoon or tomorrow.

I had this exact same thing happen to me. My last run was a disaster and left me feeling flat but today I totally killed it. A whole 5k and at a 6% incline too. Don't let the bad run take away all the amazing progress you have made to date x

I had that happen and it took a super easy day, I was gasping and aching like there was no tomorrow.

I'm going for w7d3 tomorrow.
    I also know that I'm doing about the right distance already-not today :frowning: but in general.

maybe it's a pace thing
  • Somebody_Loved
    Somebody_Loved Posts: 498 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    @cazbit - Thank you! I just got back from doing w7d1 and I nailed it. Felt amazing, felt like I could go for longer and genuinely enjoyed the entire run.

One thing I've been "struggling" with since I started c25k is that I do the majority of it on the treadmill. This isn't a problem as I really enjoy it (and it's extremely convenient), but because I am signed up for a 5k next month, I always think to myself that my indoor success isn't going to translate outdoors. That thought has a tendency to diminish my feeling of accomplishment after a great treadmill run.

I'm moving next month and will be living right on an amazing running trail so depending on how my 5k goes, I'll start the program over (or somewhere in the middle) with doing the runs outside.
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    @cazbit - Thank you! I just got back from doing w7d1 and I nailed it. Felt amazing, felt like I could go for longer and genuinely enjoyed the entire run.

One thing I've been "struggling" with since I started c25k is that I do the majority of it on the treadmill. This isn't a problem as I really enjoy it (and it's extremely convenient), but because I am signed up for a 5k next month, I always think to myself that my indoor success isn't going to translate outdoors. That thought has a tendency to diminish my feeling of accomplishment after a great treadmill run.

I'm moving next month and will be living right on an amazing running trail so depending on how my 5k goes, I'll start the program over (or somewhere in the middle) with doing the runs outside.

Good luck with your 5K! :)
    If you've finished the program by the time you move, honestly look at the B210K programs for when you move outside. Most take you back to 10 minute intervals.

• Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    a_manda wrote: »
    Finished week 3 today. I've finished week 3 once before and never moved on to week 4. I decided this time to not look ahead at week 4 and to just try it on day one that way I don't have time to psych myself out.

If I get to W4D1 and I cannot do it then I will repeat week 3.
    How is your week 4?
  • Aine8046
    Options
    Gska17 wrote: »
    I did it! I ran a 5K without stopping. I'm so emotional - I never thought I'd have this body back and to know I can run three miles...I can't put how I'm feeling into words. :)

Congrats! :)
  • Aine8046
    Options
    birtley15 wrote: »
    w7d1 complete. I found I do better on the 20+ minute runs if I am outside not the treadmill. Woke up at 5am today to get my run in before the heat.
    I prefer outside too! But waking up at 5am? You are a hero! lol

• a_manda
    a_manda Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Aine8046 wrote: »
    a_manda wrote: »
    Finished week 3 today. I've finished week 3 once before and never moved on to week 4. I decided this time to not look ahead at week 4 and to just try it on day one that way I don't have time to psych myself out.

If I get to W4D1 and I cannot do it then I will repeat week 3.
    How is your week 4?

Did W4D1 yesterday and felt great. Excited to see how tomorrow goes for W4D2. I can't believe I've made it this far.