Replies

• JasmijnRF
    JasmijnRF Posts: 184 Member
    W7D1 done.
    25 minutes, yes!
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    ssasssy wrote: »
    What are u going to do after that? I'm at week 6 in the same program and have thought about trying the 10k program next but I'm not really sure I like running, lol.

If you get to the end of the plan and still feel that you don't enjoy it, then you're not obligated to run, though I would say get to the end of the programme.

If you're not enjoying running, then explore why not. Personally I rarely enjoy the first 15 minutes, and that's one of the challenges that new runners find. You're not running for long enough to really get the flow going and relax into it. After the first fifteen minutes then I'm comfortable for a good 2-3 hours, but the first mile and a half is murder.

Equally, you might still be going a bit fast.
  • frankie5152
    frankie5152 Posts: 484 Member
    W3D2 complete pushed my pace while jogging felt good. Scary moment while jogging i saw a large dog with no owner strolling down the side walk towards me so i crossed the road. Im a big guy at 6'2" 350lbs but i have been bite by a dog before and its no fun.... but i do feel bad i think i should have checked on him cause he did seem to have a limp. What would have you done?
  • Knyvern
    Knyvern Posts: 183 Member
    W7d3 done.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    W3D2 complete pushed my pace while jogging felt good. Scary moment while jogging i saw a large dog with no owner strolling down the side walk towards me so i crossed the road. Im a big guy at 6'2" 350lbs but i have been bite by a dog before and its no fun.... but i do feel bad i think i should have checked on him cause he did seem to have a limp. What would have you done?

I'm a big dog person (my lab is 85 lbs), so I probably would have paused to check on him, unless he was being aggressive.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    W7d3 done. The humidity kicked my butt and had to take a few 20ish second breaks

I would have check on him. I have been called the dog whisperer on occassion
  • Somebody_Loved
    Somebody_Loved Posts: 498 Member
    taeliesyn wrote: »

Good luck with your 5K! :)
    If you've finished the program by the time you move, honestly look at the B210K programs for when you move outside. Most take you back to 10 minute intervals.

Thank you! That's great advice, I'll definitely plan to do that. I'm really looking forward to living right on the trail and would love to start another program outdoors. That sounds perfect.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Did W9 today in 12:11.. Not sure that it is good but it's done
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    edited July 2015
    a_manda wrote: »
    Aine8046 wrote: »
    a_manda wrote: »
    Finished week 3 today. I've finished week 3 once before and never moved on to week 4. I decided this time to not look ahead at week 4 and to just try it on day one that way I don't have time to psych myself out.

If I get to W4D1 and I cannot do it then I will repeat week 3.
    How is your week 4?

Did W4D1 yesterday and felt great. Excited to see how tomorrow goes for W4D2. I can't believe I've made it this far.
    Awesome! :)
    Keep it up!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Did W9 today in 12:11.. Not sure that it is good but it's done

that's great
  • Somebody_Loved
    Somebody_Loved Posts: 498 Member
    w7d2 all done. I put the incline at 2% and definitely felt the difference between that and no incline. I feel great and am excited to complete week 7!
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member

Good luck with your 5K! :)
    If you've finished the program by the time you move, honestly look at the B210K programs for when you move outside. Most take you back to 10 minute intervals.

Thank you! That's great advice, I'll definitely plan to do that. I'm really looking forward to living right on the trail and would love to start another program outdoors. That sounds perfect.

I looked at b210k after graduated from c25k, but decided not to do it. For 3-4 weeks I was running 5k three times a week, and then moved to a 8 week training plan for 10k instead. Did three runs per week: two 3mi runs plus a "long" run which slowly increased from 3mi to 6 mi... Also included some strength training.
  • faithan84
    faithan84 Posts: 717 Member
    I've been doing some biking and walking on my "off" days, and today when I went to run I could tell right away that it would be tough... Not to mention it was 90°F with 58% humidity. I'm tired!

Today my app had me do a 12 minute run "as fast as you can" (on W4D3 on a 17 week plan) to "adjust the plan to better match my fitness level". Previously, I haven't run longer than 2 minutes at a time, so I knew it would be tough to push myself without walk breaks. Yeah, I ended up taking several walk breaks, but short ones. I managed to average a 10.39 min/mile pace which I'm pretty happy with. I can't tell if it's changed my plan or not. Looking ahead, it looks impossible! I added some walking to the end of the training, and I was practically dragging my feet by the time I got back to my car. Early to bed tonight!!!
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    faithan84 wrote: »
    I've been doing some biking and walking on my "off" days, and today when I went to run I could tell right away that it would be tough... Not to mention it was 90°F with 58% humidity. I'm tired!

Today my app had me do a 12 minute run "as fast as you can" (on W4D3 on a 17 week plan) to "adjust the plan to better match my fitness level". Previously, I haven't run longer than 2 minutes at a time, so I knew it would be tough to push myself without walk breaks. Yeah, I ended up taking several walk breaks, but short ones. I managed to average a 10.39 min/mile pace which I'm pretty happy with. I can't tell if it's changed my plan or not. Looking ahead, it looks impossible! I added some walking to the end of the training, and I was practically dragging my feet by the time I got back to my car. Early to bed tonight!!!

What app are you using @faithan84 ???
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    So I finished c25k w4d1 tonight - WHEW! And just to tell you, I follow directions so well, that not only did I get lapped numerous times by the teenaged cross country runner, but by the sole dude walking. Yes, you read that right, I got lapped by a walker while I was doing a running program!!

At first, when I realized he was gaining on me, I was upset with myself and thought I should pick up my pace. BUT, I stayed my course, ran my intervals (2 three mins and 2 five mins) and finished my training. And it feels damn good!! I made two full quarter mile runs tonight - a month ago I couldn't run to the end of my driveway.

All of this to simply say: do things your way, don't fret over how others perceive you, and be persistent. You'll be amazed at what you can do if you don't let fear win!
  • frankie5152
    So I finished c25k w4d1 tonight - WHEW! And just to tell you, I follow directions so well, that not only did I get lapped numerous times by the teenaged cross country runner, but by the sole dude walking. Yes, you read that right, I got lapped by a walker while I was doing a running program!!

At first, when I realized he was gaining on me, I was upset with myself and thought I should pick up my pace. BUT, I stayed my course, ran my intervals (2 three mins and 2 five mins) and finished my training. And it feels damn good!! I made two full quarter mile runs tonight - a month ago I couldn't run to the end of my driveway.

All of this to simply say: do things your way, don't fret over how others perceive you, and be persistent. You'll be amazed at what you can do if you don't let fear win!
    Awesome job and way to keep the right pace
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    @frankie5152, thanks!! :)
  • Slainte831
    Slainte831 Posts: 125 Member
    I did w3d1 last night. Managed to complete it, but was So. Much. Slower. than I had been doing. And this morning my knees are hurting. I'm trying so hard and this is discouraging.
  • faithan84
    faithan84 Posts: 717 Member
    What app are you using @faithan84 ???

@taeliesyn, I'm using Endomondo. It has an option to set up training programs, and C25K is one.

• frankie5152
    Slainte831 wrote: »
    I did w3d1 last night. Managed to complete it, but was So. Much. Slower. than I had been doing. And this morning my knees are hurting. I'm trying so hard and this is discouraging.

Im on week 3 as well and day 1 went slower as well but the point is to finish not how fast you went. I had some knee pain week 2 before i bought good running shoes so if you havent already i would look into good shoes they have made a difference for me