Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    dearmrsowl wrote: »
    Thank you (: I finished and reached all my goals which were to actually finish, then finish without walking in between and maybe not being last. I was almost 8 minutes faster than during my regular training runs and that makes me really happy.

:smiley:
  • Six5
    Six5 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    dearmrsowl wrote: »
    Thank you (: I finished and reached all my goals which were to actually finish, then finish without walking in between and maybe not being last. I was almost 8 minutes faster than during my regular training runs and that makes me really happy.

Congrats! That's so awesome!
  • Six5
    Options
    W6D2 today!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    fantastic @Six5
    how did it go?
  • chandramiller68
    chandramiller68 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    My doctor recently released me to ease back into running after recoverying from leg surgery. I decided to do C25K to help me ease back into it; it has been perfect. Today, I will complete W3D2. It's going great!
  • mbaker566
    Options
    My doctor recently released me to ease back into running after recoverying from leg surgery. I decided to do C25K to help me ease back into it; it has been perfect. Today, I will complete W3D2. It's going great!

yay
  • Six5
    Options
    Thanks @moyer566 I felt pretty crappy about it. Couldn't finish the last running interval (HILLS. UGH). Repeated it today and it was awesome. Including my warm up walk and cool down, I was 0.04mi short of a 5K and increased my speed to 11.5 mph. Feeling pretty stoked tonight.
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    @Six5 - AMAZING!!
  • mbaker566
    Options
    @Six5 you are do so well. i wish my time was 11:30 :wink:
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    Options
    FINALLY made it through w7d2... days 1, 2 and 3 are the same; day 1 was easy but I've tried day 2 probably 3 times! Bring on day 3, Monday, you're mine!
  • martazdz
    martazdz Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Just finished w3d1. I felt so pumped all the way. I hope it will continue on next runs. Feels like i'm slowly getting into shape!
  • mbaker566
    Options
    Great work you guys. Persistence pays off
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    You guys, I abandoned the official C25k program at week 4 to join a walk to run program at my local Y, but just wanted to say I ran my first 5K today! I started with C25k on August 15 of this year as a total non-runner and just 9 weeks later I feel like a champion because I did it!

Great work to everyone here. I've looked back a few pages and have seen some great progress.
  • BethAnnieT
    BethAnnieT Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    So I just started the Zombies Run 5K program. I'm on week 1, just did day 2 on Saturday. Easy so far, but I'm sure it ramps up quick like the others do. Happy to have this week and next to ease into it and build my running confidence a little. :) Trying to figure out when to actually DO my running. It's getting dark earlier and earlier, and out where I live there are no streetlights (but plenty of coyotes) so running after dark is not really a good option. I'm thinking I'll try to run on my lunch break twice a week, then one day on the weekend. Something like that. Anyway, looking forward to making it all the way through this program. :)
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    Options
    BethAnnieT wrote: »
    So I just started the Zombies Run 5K program. I'm on week 1, just did day 2 on Saturday. Easy so far, but I'm sure it ramps up quick like the others do. Happy to have this week and next to ease into it and build my running confidence a little. :) Trying to figure out when to actually DO my running. It's getting dark earlier and earlier, and out where I live there are no streetlights (but plenty of coyotes) so running after dark is not really a good option. I'm thinking I'll try to run on my lunch break twice a week, then one day on the weekend. Something like that. Anyway, looking forward to making it all the way through this program. :)

I'm in the same boat, living in the dark-too-early rural countryside with no street lights. Last week I broke down and bought a treadmill. At the Salvation Army. For $30. I'll be running in my garage all winter - no coyotes, no darkness, and no snow or ice to contend with. It's, unfortunately, a better winter option for me.
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    Options
    Boom, biotch, w7d3 in the CAN!! :D
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    Options
    So... there I am, running the c25k app, Runkeeper, Endomondo, and Runtastic apps while I did my thing this morning. (All for comparison sake, not because I'm super anal about accuracy or anything, of course.) So, because this was my first run with Runtadtic, I set it to monitor ONLY my 25 min run, so I had accurate pace and split times. I ran extra on my run so when I checked Runtastic it was at just a hair over 30 mins, and said 3.14. I about crapped myself right there - slooooow me just ran a 5k in just over 30 minutes? Who the heck am I really?!! I wasn't even really tired or winded! Soooo pumped up! When I got home, I dissected it a bit more only to realize when I set Runtastic up, I set up metric rather than imperial measurements, so my 3.14 miles was 3.14 kilometers, or 1.95 miles for a real average pace of 15:51. :'( That truly sounds much more like me, but for 20 minutes or so, I felt like Wilma Rudolph!!
  • BethAnnieT
    BethAnnieT Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, living in the dark-too-early rural countryside with no street lights. Last week I broke down and bought a treadmill. At the Salvation Army. For $30. I'll be running in my garage all winter - no coyotes, no darkness, and no snow or ice to contend with. It's, unfortunately, a better winter option for me.

Yep I just had this realization a moment ago. I *could* go to a gym or get a treadmill! It's definitely worth some thought!
  • maggieklynn
    maggieklynn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ok, this is my first time posting here because I just discovered the C25K group, but I attempted W5D3 today and, boy, was it rough! I made it to 10 minutes and had to take a walking break because my calves were so tight they felt like they were going to burst! :D Then I picked back up intending to finish out the last 10 minutes, but I had to walk at 15 minutes again for a minute before I finished the run. What everyone else has been saying is totally true - there is most definitely a mental roadblock you have to push through more than anything else...more than the feeling of wanting to give burning muscles and lungs a break! I need to learn to get out of my own head and just go!
    Despite today not being a total success, I'm still feeling good, because I gave it a try! I'll rest up tomorrow so I can get back out there and try W5D3 again, and I'll repeat it until I can run the whole 20 minutes without stopping!
    Good luck to everyone else and keep up the good work! This group is full of inspiration - I'm so glad I stumbled upon it!
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    Week 1 day 1, glad to join you!