Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    conquer the head and you can conquer the time and distance
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Graduation day today! Finally got under 15:00, with an avg pace of 14:13! Felt great, would have gone further but the hubs drove up on me to give me my glasses. REALLY?!! I felt like I could have run all day at that pace. B210k, here I come!
  • mbaker566
    Options
    awesome :)
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    Options
    Today is the day - I just ran my very first, non-stop 5k distance in 40:33. 13:03 pace. LOVIN' IT!!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Today is the day - I just ran my very first, non-stop 5k distance in 40:33. 13:03 pace. LOVIN' IT!!

m4ix9tbdtu16.gif
  • Six5
    Six5 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's awesome!

Attempted W7D2 yesterday but got a sharp pain in my side about 3/4 mile in. Gutted it out for another half mile but just couldn't do it.

Going to re-attempt this evening.
  • Six5
    Options
    W7D2 complete and I kicked it's *kitten*! Ran in a new place, along the ridge of a mountain, chasing the sunset. Felt so good, I ran instead of walked most
    of the the cool-down. A full 29 minutes of running!

5lm92cj7cfcq.jpg
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    Options
    Six5 wrote: »
    W7D2 complete and I kicked it's *kitten*! Ran in a new place, along the ridge of a mountain, chasing the sunset. Felt so good, I ran instead of walked most
    of the the cool-down. A full 29 minutes of running!

5lm92cj7cfcq.jpg

AWESOME!! And what a beautiful photo!
  • mbaker566
    Options
    great job @MimiOfTheLusciousLawn a very respectable pace
    @Six5 what a lovely place to run
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Just completed Week 1 Day 3. Was pretty easy for me. I feel great and no pain. I think they start you so slowly that it should be OK for a while yet.

I am 68 and hope I can continue with no knee or shin pain. So far so good.

Good luck everyone.

• mbaker566
    Options
    @vicky1947mfp welcome and enjoy :)
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    moyer566 wrote: »
    @vicky1947mfp welcome and enjoy :)

Thanks.
  • Six5
    Options
    Thanks @MimiOfTheLusciousLawn and @moyer566 !

I don't think I had experienced runner's high before that day. When I heard the words "you're halfway there" in my ears, I turned around and started running back to my car with an extra pep in my step. When she said "one minute left" I said "hell yeah!" And felt like a real runner. It was awesome!
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    Options
    Thanks @MimiOfTheLusciousLawn and @moyer566 !

I don't think I had experienced runner's high before that day. When I heard the words "you're halfway there" in my ears, I turned around and started running back to my car with an extra pep in my step. When she said "one minute left" I said "hell yeah!" And felt like a real runner. It was awesome!

Yes! THIS^^^^! Awesomeness! <3
  • JSC145
    JSC145 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi, friends!

I haven't been on the boards for awhile now but I wanted to share some news.

I did the C25k program earlier this year. It took me almost 4 months to complete it (Apr-Jul 2015) with the help of everyone on this board.
    Today, I completed my first half marathon!! My primary goal was to finish and my secondary goal was to not be dead last. Both accomplished!

Keep going, guys! If I could do it, YOU certainly can!waqrb515iea0.jpg

• juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    W7D2 complete and I kicked it's *kitten*! Ran in a new place, along the ridge of a mountain, chasing the sunset. Felt so good, I ran instead of walked most of the the cool-down. A full 29 minutes of running!
    Now that is why I love running on " Bush/Wilderness Trails "
    Great job and loved your description of your Runners High. Just wait until your first organized Event ( 5k/10k etc) - That will give you even a bigger Runners High.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
  • sarahredhaira
    sarahredhaira Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Just completed W4D1.
  • Six5
    Options
    juliet3455 wrote: »
    W7D2 complete and I kicked it's *kitten*! Ran in a new place, along the ridge of a mountain, chasing the sunset. Felt so good, I ran instead of walked most of the the cool-down. A full 29 minutes of running!
    Now that is why I love running on " Bush/Wilderness Trails "
    Great job and loved your description of your Runners High. Just wait until your first organized Event ( 5k/10k etc) - That will give you even a bigger Runners High.

Thanks! First 5K on Veteran's day! I'm nervous but excited.
  • Six5
    Options
    JSC145 wrote: »
    Hi, friends!

I haven't been on the boards for awhile now but I wanted to share some news.

I did the C25k program earlier this year. It took me almost 4 months to complete it (Apr-Jul 2015) with the help of everyone on this board.
    Today, I completed my first half marathon!! My primary goal was to finish and my secondary goal was to not be dead last. Both accomplished!

Keep going, guys! If I could do it, YOU certainly can!waqrb515iea0.jpg

That is so awesome! Congrats!